Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2023, 11:35 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

7-7 with the bulls. Was 3-6 but won 4 in a row then just lost to the Heat. Lavine has been inconsistent. But Patrick Williams is playing great avg 14p 5r 2a and playing stellar defense. Slow starts have been the story. Quite a few games I finish the first half under 40% fg. Shooting 37% from 3. Vuc is okay offensive wise but gets destroyed in the paint. Got the Heat again and Thunder next. Two tough games and SGA dropped 61 on me opening night not really looking forward to that rematch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 02:09 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Jordan Era
52 Game Season
HOF
9min Qtr (sim min)

We opened the season against the Golden State Warriors. Tim Hardaway gave me the business cooking us for 31 points. Jordan would lead the way for Chicago with 23pts and 5reb, 5ast. However, Scottie Pippen would be a huge achilles heel for the Chicago Bulls 3/15 shooting, 5 turnovers for the All-Star.

Chicago will meet Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics next whom are 0-2 currently
Old 09-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 3

JANUARY 1985
NEW YEAR, SAME BULLS

Michael Jordan has been doing well in the NBA. “He is the future of the league, no doubt!” says an unnamed Bulls fan.

With the All Star Weekend coming up soon, the All Star voting has been between three teams: Boston, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. “Boston and LA may turn the All Star Break as a rematch of the NBA Finals with as many votes each of their starters are getting” said Ernie Johnson of Turner Sports.

“When you look at the voting, its been crazy in the East. Its basically Celtics and Sixers. Sixers even have their rookie Charles Barkley leading, I mean its crazy!” says an unnamed East team representative. Outwest, things a bit balanced…well more balanced.

Magic, Cooper and Byron Scott seem to be locks for the All Star game. “Michael Cooper isn’t so much of a surprise to be an All Star because of the work he has put in. Rookies John Stockton & Jay Perez are leading the pack in the backcourt votes as well.

DRAFT NEWS:

Len Bias and Zack Samuels are becoming some big time looks to be apart of the NBA Draft next year, with teams taking a good look on both. Bias was stated to stay in school for one more year, but underclassman Zack Samuels is looking to go. Averaging close to 23 points per game, he is leading the National Player of the year discussions with Patrick Ewing from Georgetown.

Louisiana Techs Karl Malone and Oklahoma Wayman Tisdale are battling for being in the Top 3 of Junes draft
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1984031.jpg (165.8 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg image 1985003.jpg (161.7 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg image 1985001.jpg (164.9 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg image 1984030.jpg (152.8 KB, 219 views)
Old 09-14-2023, 10:33 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 2

Lost to the Thunder. Got blown out again. They own me. SGA I’m particularl owns me. 61 first game then he dropped 49 the second game. Thank god I’m done facing OKC.
Old 09-15-2023, 12:24 AM   #29
Pro

Gm2

Next game was against Larry Legend and the legendary big 3 of Bird Parish McHale.... However, now you must add Reggie Lewis, and Dee Brown to the trio. Boston, absorbed a lethal shot from the Bulls in the first half as the Bulls jumped out to a 11 point lead.

However, once Jordan took his rest Boston took over. Larry Bird wouldn't be his Lethal shooting self as the Bulls steadily ran defenders at him. But Reggie Lewis (19pts) and Dee Brown (14pts, 12ast) would ignite the Celtics. The spark from the young bucks allowed Kevin McHale (18pts, 12reb) to put the finishing touches on the Bulls as the Celtics got their first win on the season (1-2). While the Bulls fall to (0-2) after the 88-80 loss.

Jordan 31pts, 7ast, 4stl.... Pippen 24pts, 8reb, 3blk... Stacey King 10pts, 5-5fg
Old 09-15-2023, 03:45 AM   #30
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

4-6 after 10 games with the Magic.

Franz Wagner with 25|4|5 on another level this season. Banchero already hurt for the 2 time, both times a hip injury he could play through.

I really struggle with the rotation. My best lineups feature Wagner at the 4, but that means no place for Banchero because with him at the 5 the defense is awful. On the other hand I have 4 Point Guards that deserve playing time, while I don't have a good wing option on the bench with Ingles breaking down completely.

Now I am looking for a Isaac trade, who I don't see as a option for my rotation for not only on-court reasons. I think I really need another defensive option, that can make at least open threes.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:30 PM   #31
Rookie

I run a 29 game season MyNBA with 5-minute quarters (3-3-5-5 playoff format) in the LeBron era with the Celtics, as that is shortly after I got into basketball.

2010-11 Boston Celtics Season: 17-12, 4th Seed in Eastern Conference

First Round: New Jersey Nets, 5th Seed in Eastern Conference
Game 1: NJN (Loss 57-54)
Game 2: @NJN (Win 56-49)
Game 3: NJN (Win 63-53)
Celtics Win Series 2-1

Second Round: Miami Heat, 1st Seed in Eastern Conference
Game 1: @MIA (Win 58-51)
Game 2: MIA (Loss 62-54)
Game 3: @MIA (Win 55-54)
Celtics Win Series 2-1

Eastern Conference Finals: Chicago Bulls, 3rd Seed in Eastern Conference
Game 1: @CHI (Win 56-52)
Game 2: @CHI (Win 73-70 2OT)
Game 3: CHI (Win 55-54)
Celtics Win Series 3-0

NBA Finals: Denver Nuggets, 2nd Seed in Western Conference
Game 1: @DEN (Win 55-48)
Game 2: @DEN (Loss 66-59)
Game 3: DEN (Win 53-51)
Game 4: DEN (Win 62-52)
Celtics Win Series 3-1

One of the better runs I’ve made in my 2K basketball history considering I was 9-10 about two thirds through the season. Sometime in December, I traded for Steve Nash and Grant Hill in an all-in move for a championship. I seriously considered a coaching change part-way through the season (I was curious if that would actually affect anything noticeable), as it was a struggle to get above 500. Until I defeated the Heat in the 2nd round, I was not convinced I could go all the way with the way things were going, as New Jersey pushed me more than I thought they would in round 1.

We hit three game-winning threes in the playoffs, each by a different player; Nash against the Heat in game 3 of round 2, Pierce against the Bulls in game 3 of the conference finals, and Allen against the Nuggets in game 3 of the NBA Finals. All three of them were because I started drawing double teams with Garnett. The first was the biggest since it was a do-or-die game for each team. LeBron nearly hit a crazy buzzer beater after that, but fortunately for me it did not fall. For the other two, there was only a fraction of a second left on the clock so the game ended as soon as they inbounded it.

It is worth noting that Chauncey Billups fractured his leg late in the regular season, so he missed the entirety of Denver's playoff run. I think the finals would have been much tougher had he played since he usually torches me in 2K.

In the off-season, I traded Nash, Allen, and the 33rd pick for the 1st pick via Indiana. With it, I took a fake dude I created who has Chris Webber’s rookie DNA for his attributes. I gave him a Celtics tattoo and named him after my cat haha. I also drafted Kemba Walker with the 8th pick (had that due to a previous trade).

Yao Ming was probably my most notable free agent signing. I also retained Grant Hill and Shaq (though my guess is they both retire after the upcoming season). Also, Shaq appears to have reverted back to his rookie look (glitch).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 05:48 PM   #32
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Second season of Magic/Bird Era playing as the Bulls. Bulls drafted Mullins and made the playoffs. They have to play the 76ers first round though. Malone went off with 44 points and 24 rebounds. Jordan had a good game in the loss with 33 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »