Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2023, 02:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Started a LeBron Era franchise with the Hornets. Re-signed Chris Paul, was able to draft Klay in 2011, ended up with the #1 and #6 overall pick in 2012 and got AD and Beal. Then signed Dwight Howard in free agency in 2013 and traded Beal for Gordon Hayward.

2013 my starting lineup is Chris Paul, Klay, Hayward, AD, and Dwight Howard. We’re still only the 2nd seed behind the KD Thunder lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2023, 02:49 PM   #18
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I've done something similar every year. I take the Raptors and trade for as many Canadians as I can. Benedict Mathurin was a beast last year. My best player by far. His 3 point stroke just clicked for me. Haven't tried with him this year though.

I'm kinda burned out on that though this year.

I tried exhibition with current day rosters. Tried a game with Celtics from Bird Era(did a franchise with them last year) also tried MJ era and Kobe era. Wanted to figure out what I wanted to start with. Turns out none of them.

I played a WNBA exhibition and it was the most fun I had so far so I decided to start a mynba with that. It's just slower more methodical and so different that I really enjoyed it.

I know I will eventually start an eras one and a current day one but for right now I'm enjoying the change.

Nice! Yes this will be my first time trying to shake up the Raptors by adding Canadians. I think it will be pretty fun to do.
I started a Bulls franchise in the Jordan era. I only play one game a month on 12 min quarters and simulate the rest. Playoff time I’ll play all elimination games or close out games. Just want to get through the years and see how the league shapes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2023, 03:33 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I just had one of the greatest experiences with any basketball game against the lowly Cavs to bring the Wizards up to 3-2. I won 102-96, but for most of the game it was a back and forth affair with teams exchanging 5 point leads.

The game gave me everything I want from a franchise experience. It was the second game in a back to back and Jordan was feeling those effects. And whenever Jordan went to the bench it was a challenge for the team to hold the fort down. MJ finished with 30 but 12 of those came in the 4th quarter to secure the win. Francis had 24 including some clutch free throws at the stretch to put the game away.

There isn't any one thing I can point to to why it was such a great experience, it just felt like a real NBA game from 2002. Everything felt right

Some box score stats (Cavs/Wizards)
FG 37/80 (46%) 42/85 (49%)
3pt 5/17 (29%) 3/10(30%)
free throws 17/25(68%) 15/21(71%)
fast break 19 14
PIP 58 68
2nd chance 10 14
bench 17 27
assists 24 21
orebounds 17 15
drebounds 34 34
steals 6 8
blocks 5 4
TOV 12 9

My euphoria is likely to be short lived as I play the Lakers next.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:17 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Got two more games in today.

Got trounced by the Lakers. Kobe was killing me. He finished with 36 pts and 12 assists. No matter what defense I threw on him he destroyed me. Had 17 points midway thru the second quarter when I started doubling him on screens and he just kept hitting the roll man for an easy 2 (in no small part because bigs just don't rotate to protect the basket like they should, my only complaint so far). In the 4th I started switching on him and that seemed to be the least dangerous option.

Game 2 was once again vs the Cavs in the second of a back to back and once again it was a back and forth affair, though I spent most of the game down. But Jordan came alive in the 4th quarter and we won 96-88 behind MJ's 19 point explosion in the 4th quarter. And Haywood earned a shoutout for his defense on Big Z.

Sitting at 4-3 and I've got three main questions to find answers to:
1. My frontcourt situation. Currently starting Thomas and Laetner but considering a switch for both. Kwame has actually played amazing early on, and Haywood has mostly outplayed Thomas. Whats holding me back on a change is I'm loving Kwame's energy off the bench and the one thing Thomas does do better than Haywood is rebound. Teams are getting a lot of offensive rebounds against me when Haywood is on the floor. Haywood and Laetner would probably not work well because of this.

2. I need a 3rd scoring option. It should be Larry Hughes but he hasn't shown up yet. May need to do more to get him involved in the offense because I can't expect a 40 year old Jordan to carry the load all season. I'm going to look to get Laetner more involved in the offense too. When Jordan and Francis come off the floor it gets rough for me. I need to figure this out. Maybe work a rotation to put Kwame at the 5 and Laetner at the 4 when those two are off the floor to give me some more offense.

With Francis (22ppg) and MJ(26ppg) scoring I need someone to step up and give me a consistent 16 a night. Past 3 games has me thinking that could be Kwame.

(if curious, I'm playing on mostly default superstar. I've lowered CPU ball security a good bit and changed their tendencies to make them shoot less 3s and attack the basket/look for post players more often. Other than that its mostly default)
Old 09-13-2023, 06:27 PM   #21
Rookie

I got my franchise in 2k23, I played each game and I finished 2 seasons. For my season 3, can I use it in 2k24? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2023, 06:34 PM   #22
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitTexas
I got my franchise in 2k23, I played each game and I finished 2 seasons. For my season 3, can I use it in 2k24? Thanks.

No you cannot

Old 09-13-2023, 06:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
No you cannot

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-13-2023, 11:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

JUNE 1984
JORDAN, PERKINS OR OLAJUWON? EWING?

The Boston Celtics are your NBA Champs, now on to the next part of the season: The Offseason. Who goes number #1?

The Houston Rockets won the coin flip against Chicago and pick first while the Bulls pick second. Lots of people are talking about Akeem Olajuwon being a lock to Houston.

"It just makes sense for them to get him. They will be in the playoffs next year for sure with him and Ralph Sampson" said Pat Riley after the NBA Finals

A lot of teams in later picks are looking at former standouts in college that play in Europe. Jay Perez, formerly of Delaware is doing well in the Euroleague. Along with him, D.A Harrison of North Dakota State has been going crazy in Italy. "These are literally veterans, so they are good for teams as a cheap Free Agent" said KC Jones of the Boston Celtics

Patrick Ewing of Georgetown will not be going to the league this year, with him using his last year of eligibility to go pro next year. Chicago is in talks with Philadelphia on trading Reggie Theus and the 2nd pick to the Philadelphia Sixers for Dr.J

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8992d1ee-15ad-4014-aa9d-b7a81f6201e8.jpg (144.6 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg bef2801c-c329-463e-ae48-cd8b7b275de4.jpg (183.8 KB, 205 views)
File Type: png dd9e080a-a387-43db-9e9e-6077a13b1a4a.png (2.08 MB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg f22199fa-ab9a-4748-9a7f-3b21ef000254.jpg (172.8 KB, 204 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »