Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2023, 11:20 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Kyrie and Luka are too much for the Bulls as they drop their third straight and are now 1-4 to start the season. Kyrie scored 41 points before fouling out late in the 4th Luka added 35. Lavine had 27. DeRozan had 26 and 8 assists. Bulls played their best offensive game putting up a season high 118 but it was not enough.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:19 PM   #10
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
Kyrie and Luka are too much for the Bulls as they drop their third straight and are now 1-4 to start the season. Kyrie scored 41 points before fouling out late in the 4th Luka added 35. Lavine had 27. DeRozan had 26 and 8 assists. Bulls played their best offensive game putting up a season high 118 but it was not enough.

I saw your post and saw Kyrie of all people fouled out. So I had to check and Kyrie has never fouled out in a NBA game his entire career haha.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3

Lets goo ALLLLL THE WAY BACK.

1983-84, for us fellow old heads.

FEBRUARY 1984

The Chicago Bulls are crap right now. Plain and simple. Reggie Theus has checked out of the city. "Foolish pride, the Chicago Bulls organization has as they have been dealing with me. Benching me is crazy"

There are discussions that the Chicago Bulls are looking into the draft, with Mike Jordan and Akeem Olajuwon available. "Akeem is the guy to look for if you are Chicago. Tank, Tank Tank." said a columnist in the Chicago Tribune

"Mike" or Michael Jordan as some call him, is a great shooter but the Bulls need to go for a Center, or Power Forward. Sam Bowie is another guy that they are looking like they will try to draft.

2K Times also takes a look at the game against the Hawks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2-2.jpg (197.8 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg image5.jpg (185.2 KB, 372 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (132.3 KB, 369 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2023, 12:58 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Started my Kobe era Wizards today. I had a blast with 2k23 and almost didn't get 2k24, but in 2k23 I inadvertently cheesed the AI which hurt the challenge and by extension the fun I was having with it, so on to 2k24.

The changes I made:

Traded Stackhouse and Lue for Steve Francis and a fake player
Immediately released the fake player and signed Skip to my Lou.

Lineup:
PG Steve Francis/Rafer Alston
SG Larry Hughes/Juan Dixon/Byron Russell
SF Michael Jordan/Byron Russel/Jared Jeffries
PF Christian Laetner/Kwame Brown/Charles Oakley
C Etan Thomas/Branden Haywood/Jahidi White

In 2k23 I traded for Birdman. Undecided if I'll do that again.

Started 1-2 with losses to the Raptors (Vince dropped 55 on me) and Celtics (Pierce and Walker combined for 60 something points) but a win against the Nets.

Francis isn't as OP as he was last year.
I think it could take almost half the season to settle on a rotation. Haywood is definitely overplaying Thomas so far. I got a lot of mediocre dudes in the frontcourt. I may explore a trade to solidify my backup SG. As much as I want Dixon to work since I'm a Terps alum, I don't think he will. Going to be interesting to see if Hughes or Laetner solidifies themselves as the 3rd scoring option.

I know one thing I'm going to do to keep me engaged is I'm going to create myself. I graduated high school in 2002, so I'm going to run a little alternate history for myself. Figure alternate me will declare for the draft after my junior season. I'll model my player after real life me just upscale my skills obviously and play a what if I had that growth spurt to hit 6ft scenario.
Old 09-10-2023, 03:22 PM   #13
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

What settings is everyone using? Like quarter length? Season length? Etc.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:27 PM   #14
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Modern day Magic
10 minutes/quarter
all 82 games played

So I decided to already start my first save without waiting for the missing face scans and such.
The decision with the Magic was quickly made: Franz Wagner is climbing the ranks of my favorite player of all-time pretty quickly, Moe is great as well and in general I just like the core of the team. And with them playing such a good second half of the season they are primed to go for a playoff run this year.

When looking at the rotation it was really tough to figure especially the guards out. With Fultz, Black and Suggs you basically have 3 very similiar guards who are more defensive and playmaking guards. Harris is a great shooter. Anthony is a little bit of everything. Adding Ingles in the mix it's hard to find a good rotation where everyone gets enough time.

What I settled on is the following:

PG- Fultz (31 minutes), Black (14)
SG- Harris (21), Anthony (18), Suggs (13)
SF- F Wagner (35), Ingles (14)
PF- Banchero (35), M Wagner (27)
C- Carter (32)

Just took the main positions, but obiviously we are very versatile. Anthony, Suggs and Black are basically always rotating on the guard positions for the bench, Franz plays a few minutes at the 4, Banchero plays some backup 5 as is Moe. We have multiple looks per game that we can offer the opponents.

So far I played 5 games.

W vs Rockets: +2
Franz: 28 points; 12/18 FG
Banchero: 22 points 10 boards
Carter: 16 points 17 boards

The guards played tough so we never really got seperation. The highest lead in the game was 10. We struggled shooting for most of the game, but came to some good shots inside.

W @ Blazers: +2
Franz: 25/6/5&3 steals
Mo: 17 points, 13 boards
Fultz: 15 points, 3 steals

Dame shot 29 times in the game and tried everything to keep it close but this time the Magic played a more balanced game and hit well from the outside. In the end it wasn't as close as it seems because the Blazers had a big run in the 4th with the game already out of control basically.

L @ Lakers: -32
Franz: 28/7/10
Mo: 17/5
Banchero: 12/9 boards

That one was tough. The biggest lead for the Lakers was 42. Lebron and AD were just too much. Defense inside could be a problem when the opponent has more then one player capable of attacking the rim.

L @ Clippers: -20
Carter: 19/ 11 boards
Franz: 18/6/8
Fultz: 9/6 assists

That one was actually closer then it looks like. Only a big run in the 4th made a huge difference in favor of the Clippers. Franz shot very bad in this game and Paolo was never a factor, because Kawhi and PG made things really tough. Defense inside was again a problem against their drives as well.

W @ Jazz: +9
Franz: 29/6/6
Fultz: 13/4/7
Banchero: 12/11/5

Great team win: 6 players scored in double digits, all 5 starters as well. Plus 32 assists on 41 FG. Franz was in total control of the game, even though he struggled shooting the 3. In general a really promising start by the young gun with averages of 25/5/6.
Paolo got hurt in the first game of the season and his limited since, so his production is kinda lacking. The big suprise is Moe, who is a great force off the bench.

We really want to attack the playoffs this season. For that I still have the trade chip named Isaac, combined with one of the guards to get a little more firepower in. And maybe another option for the 4 and 5 positions that adds a little more defense.
Old 09-11-2023, 02:35 PM   #15
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

I’m going to start with the Raptors on 10 min Quarters with a 58 game schedule. Going to try to land Shai and Dillon Brooks sometime throughout the season so they can play in their country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 02:44 PM   #16
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
I’m going to start with the Raptors on 10 min Quarters with a 58 game schedule. Going to try to land Shai and Dillon Brooks sometime throughout the season so they can play in their country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done something similar every year. I take the Raptors and trade for as many Canadians as I can. Benedict Mathurin was a beast last year. My best player by far. His 3 point stroke just clicked for me. Haven't tried with him this year though.

I'm kinda burned out on that though this year.

I tried exhibition with current day rosters. Tried a game with Celtics from Bird Era(did a franchise with them last year) also tried MJ era and Kobe era. Wanted to figure out what I wanted to start with. Turns out none of them.

I played a WNBA exhibition and it was the most fun I had so far so I decided to start a mynba with that. It's just slower more methodical and so different that I really enjoyed it.

I know I will eventually start an eras one and a current day one but for right now I'm enjoying the change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »