Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #57
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson
vann,

maybe i missed it but what is the gamertag to download the test rosters?
Vannwolfhawk206
Old 11-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #58
Rookie

Billy Batson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Vannwolfhawk206
thanks for the quick reply vann!
UNLV Rebels
Newcastle United
LV Black Knights?
Old 11-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey Vann can you post a list of the tendencies you changed along with a example of which type of players those tendencies should be applied to?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #60
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Btw, the 65/35 (majority) and 85/15/0 for elite shooters and bigs edit too the fastbreak spot up and cut tendency 100% fixed fast breaks! Spacing is great! No cross crossing. Simple fix for fast breaks and realistic gameplay and fast breaks!
I want to fix fastbreaks, too.
But I'm clearly missing something here.
The only fastbreak tendency i see is Transition pull-up 3.

So how do you have someone at 65/35. What is it that I'm not getting here?!

Last edited by CD90; 11-04-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #61
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Hey Vann can you post a list of the tendencies you changed along with a example of which type of players those tendencies should be applied to?
To start I was only making Global edits to every team with the tendencies stated in the thread for Global gameplay areas that needed fixing in these areas. Fast break (transition spot or cut), pump fake/jabs, using proper shoulder on hooks and fades and scaling off shoulder and off hand considerably lower, I eliminated half spin/dbl cross/spins/in & outs, behind back,etc for dribble moves ON the drive, drive right and left balanced between 40-60 tops, put 100 combo between post backdown and faceup, upped iso formula for stars (boogie so he’d go to work more). I put 100 balances between sizeup, hesitation, and no setup dribble moves league wide as well (these were player specific) to get them setting up their drives with their sig dribbles and hesi’s If that’s what they do or how they play. I eliminated and put 0 idle for all pg’s and wings. Bigs got 5 or 15 depending who they were. J. Noah got 15, all shooting bigs got a 5. I eliminated all floaters league wide except only special players who use them like a rondo. Not a fan of that slow down animation for some guys. Plus the whole league including bigs had it. Then I did scales for no dribble and dish to open man higher league wide as well. Also redid play discipline league wide. Low was 25. It depended on team. I had Celtics lower around 50-60 for most team to allow more freedom. J. Noah type would get 90 at highest. Most wings and guys at 75 though to not be robots and make a basketball read if shot or drive was open.

Everything else is player specific. Whether that’s shooting off drive, 3 pt, mid, off screen, dribble moves, attacking strong, etc...

The only teams really done (kind of are Celtics and Pelicans). Once scales are done it will be easy to get players to play as they do. The hard part is done. Now it’s tweaking. As I type this I realize now playing vs celtics could have been so hard because I probably went to low on play discipline or too high with open spot up shots? Once I lock these teams in the rest will fly by. The time consuming stuff is all the global edits that were needed. But that’s all done and scaled so I can now take whole league and go up 1-2-3-4-5-10, etc if need be in a certain tendency.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 11-04-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #62
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
I want to fix fastbreaks, too.
But I'm clearly missing something here.
The only fastbreak tendency i see is Transition pull-up 3.

So how do you have someone at 65/35. What is it that I'm not getting here?!
ITS transition spot up vs cut to the basket tendency. Here is what I did. All guards and wing players with 80 plus made open 3’s rating, I put at 65. If they were guys like JJ Reddick I went 85. All guys below 80 I went 35 unless they were in 60’s in 3’s I went 15. For shooting bigs/stretch 4’s I used 30-15-0 for bigs to act as a trailer in transition.

It definitely fixes fast breaks. Looks like fast breaks from 2k11?! I think that was game? Anyways, it’s awesome fix for sure and works great! Guys get spread and fill lanes and space now without criss crossing and running into point guard going to opposite side of floor they were on! Smh
Old 11-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #63
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
ITS transition spot up vs cut to the basket tendency. Here is what I did. All guards and wing players with 80 plus made open 3’s rating, I put at 65. If they were guys like JJ Reddick I went 85. All guys below 80 I went 35 unless they were in 60’s in 3’s I went 15. For shooting bigs/stretch 4’s I used 30-15-0 for bigs to act as a trailer in transition.

It definitely fixes fast breaks. Looks like fast breaks from 2k11?! I think that was game? Anyways, it’s awesome fix for sure and works great! Guys get spread and fill lanes and space now without criss crossing and running into point guard going to opposite side of floor they were on! Smh
Okay got it. I just couldn't find another tendency for transition. Always missed this one.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

Some of the tendencies discussed in this thread remind me of tendency changes that DC usually puts in his roster, especially the dribble edits and post moves edits. His 2017 spreadsheet that contained his dribble tendency edits is probably still somewhere in the forum. It would definitely be useful for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »