Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
When in roster hit Y twice to get to tendencies. Then hit start button for quick edit. Hit A on tendency you want to change and it will do it for the row up 1 or down 1. Hit A again and you can lower a player at a time...
thank you. on pc with keyboard only had edit cell. had to plug in my controller to get all the options. thank you for your help. I hope you continue to post your findings about tendancies.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #34
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

vann,

I think the discussion about playbooks and dribble moves in this thread is fantastic.

I think a combination of your work and my work is going to be ideal for achieving the right balance between good gameplay and good MyLeague stats. Per our private discussion, I'm going to be cleaning up the post hook/fade left/right tendencies, and I also now have the drive left/drive right tendencies done too, all according to those Synergy stats. This way you won't have to go through the process of rummaging through the stats and hand tweak the tendencies for every single player, my system automates that whole process.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 11-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #35
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
vann,

I think the discussion about playbooks and dribble moves in this thread is fantastic.

I think a combination of your work and my work is going to be ideal for achieving the right balance between good gameplay and good MyLeague stats. Per our private discussion, I'm going to be cleaning up the post hook/fade left/right tendencies, and I also now have the drive left/drive right tendencies done too, all according to those Synergy stats. This way you won't have to go through the process of rummaging through the stats and hand tweak the tendencies for every single player, my system automates that whole process.
I need to look at your tendencies as I haven't done that yet. Pretty sweet everything automates like that! Saves plenty of time! Good stuff! On my way now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Classic teams definitely need attention. I was playing against a 90's ish Timberwolves team I made and Christian Laettner took a ton of shots while Isiah Rider took none. When tweaked a bit the game plays pretty well. I did a Suns team with Kevin Johnson & Jeff Hornacek and it looked really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-03-2017, 05:14 AM   #37
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Classic teams definitely need attention. I was playing against a 90's ish Timberwolves team I made and Christian Laettner took a ton of shots while Isiah Rider took none. When tweaked a bit the game plays pretty well. I did a Suns team with Kevin Johnson & Jeff Hornacek and it looked really nice.
I don't know how you made those teams, but tendencies for players on the All-Time Teams are all screwed up, I've done my part of 'tendencies-research' for missing players on the classic teams over the past couple years, most of them I did by comparison plus I'm using SonicMage's work as a guideline (so I don't have to edit existing classic players) especially for Shot/Freelance Tendencies, Spot Up, Off Screen, Dish to Open Man, Defensive Tendencies.

Anyway I've done all the tendencies for following missing classic players using the method I mentioned above: Rasheed Wallace (2x), Al Harrington, Andris Biedrins, not mentioning the ones that were in previous 2k's.
This is when I noticed that alot of the tendencies for the players of the All-Time teams are very unrealistic, especially freelance, post and shot tendencies...

I'd like to see some input from 2k in this thread, so we are sure things are tendency related or a bug like last years stepback jumper issue...

Anyway, great thread, always love tendency discussions...

bump
Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #38
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice discussions in this thread, but man this opens up a new little thing for me because I like to get players playing as realistically as possible. I never realized tendencies run so deep in 2K it really makes me wish edits like these could be more sport games.

Also, I am curious Van to know what difficulty you are playing on or if you are using custom sliders.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #39
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Nice discussions in this thread, but man this opens up a new little thing for me because I like to get players playing as realistically as possible. I never realized tendencies run so deep in 2K it really makes me wish edits like these could be more sport games.

Also, I am curious Van to know what difficulty you are playing on or if you are using custom sliders.
Yes, I use custom sliders and I play on HOF...
Old 11-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tune driving lay up for guys. Its low for a lot of playets and is a reason most playets drive stop and do one those awful standing lay ups that always gets blocked. Also going to vitals for all players and switching dominate dunk hand to both helps stop guys from doing a weak lay up right into a block. Cuz I mean most guys in the nba can finish with either hand

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »