Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Another thing that's really bugged me is fast breaks and guys criss crossing and running to opposite side of floor as I'm bringing the ball up the middle of the floor on a fast break. Editing transition spot up helps here. Need to redo that one as well... I already did it for shooters like Reddick but this needs to be globally done for others too... Fast break logic needs work...
What adjustments have you made to both shooters and non shooters ? Just curious.... really enjoying your edits that you posted previously as they’ve helped a ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #26
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsfan76
What adjustments have you made to both shooters and non shooters ? Just curious.... really enjoying your edits that you posted previously as they’ve helped a ton.
Only did a few teams to test and get more of a sample size, but non shooters at 0-5, shooting bigs 25-35, Great shooters like JJ Reddick 85, medium guys 50-65. I had originally just done guys like Reddick and it was good for those guys, but other guys were still all over the place. I'll let you know when done. Testing a CPU vs CPU game now with both teams completely done...
Old 11-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #27
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Vann are u on Xbox or psn? You should upload your file so we can check out your how your tendency edits change gameplay

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-02-2017, 04:16 PM   #28
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Vann are u on Xbox or psn? You should upload your file so we can check out your how your tendency edits change gameplay

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
XBOX, and I'll upload by this weekend... Still editing... I need to post a few updated changes to playbooks too... The roster up now doesn't have any edit changes. I'll post this one with edits separately...
Old 11-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #29
Rookie

[quote=vannwolfhawk;2049096443]The game was good out of the box and probably 1 of the best out of box games ever released besides 2k11, but it is a truly amazing game when edited properly and playbooks done!

I am having this same problem... Let me know what or if you find something here. Might tie into idle tendency? If so could put those higher for post players or guard posts?

Found fix for this, which in turn helped me find another good game changer. For post just set whatever post moves you want a player to do at the same value. Like just ran cpuvscpu with clippers set 5 or 6 post categories at 65 including post back and aggressive post BD thinking if everything is set equal maybe the cpu will actually decide whats the best move based on the situation and what do you know it worked! Saw Blake doing a variety of post moves EVEN AN ACTUAL FULL BACK DOWN into a baseline spin ending with a reverse lay in. I applied the same logic to a guy like KD who does more than say Shoot coming of a screen and set all take mid off screen, spot up etc as the same value as drive off screen, spot up etc and what do you know same thing. Enough Space off screen hell shoot, lane he'll drive. Instead of 90% Shhot. Test it out let me know. Side note ive been doing all my testing in cpuvscpu practice mode just so I can get a bigger sample size with the edits.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #30
Rookie

Lil edit. I realized for the post play, when i went in and made everything even value i never touched the fades. They were a less, so i evened it to see how it would play. No Bueno. Seems they favor the fades even with everything even, so id put fades bout 5 points lower than everything else.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Thanks to Leftos for the mass editing tool!
how do you mass edit tendencies? haven't figured out how to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #32
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo88
how do you mass edit tendencies? haven't figured out how to do this.
When in roster hit Y twice to get to tendencies. Then hit start button for quick edit. Hit A on tendency you want to change and it will do it for the row up 1 or down 1. Hit A again and you can lower a player at a time...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »