Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #81
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
This is kind of an older 2k Theory I've always had but I am in the boat of believing a higher shot mid-range tendency naturally gets players to shoot more from that area universally. Because the Tendencies are broken into zones on the floor >>> from there there are more specific tendencies that then create behaviors in a Zone.

Imagine a 99 shot tendency - 40 close - 99 medium- 40 three
Hypothetically with a ratio like that he will shoot around 16 shots a game im willing to bet 10-12 will be mid range,

With your desires to increase step back jumpers I have 2 resolutions : spike mid range tendency and the driving step back (2x original value at least)

Or spike "driving step back tendency" into the often range 75-99

I look at tendencies with the mindset of given when in position to execute Rarely 0-25 average 26-50, above average 51-75 often 76-99

I personally would probably do the second one, I don't think that would affect fast-break so much because if a cpu felt the need to perform a step back in a Fastbreak he either is going to have a wide open fast break step back pull up or the defense is going to bite on his gather and he's going to Dish

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thats pretty much exactly what I ended up doing. Setbacks for guys like I. Thomas needed to be between 75 at the lowest as that was the sweet spot to see them more. 75-90 range... For pull up's I went 15-25 unless a Westbrook or D. Rose type but still balanced with their finish strong to make sure they were still attacking the rim...

I agree though in testing and watching as it makes them more apt to take those spot up jumpers from mid with it higher but you can also balance it out with contested mid range jumpers too so they take the ones they should where they are wide open but won't take the ones they shouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Thats pretty much exactly what I ended up doing. Setbacks for guys like I. Thomas needed to be between 75 at the lowest as that was the sweet spot to see them more. 75-90 range... For pull up's I went 15-25 unless a Westbrook or D. Rose type but still balanced with their finish strong to make sure they were still attacking the rim...

I agree though in testing and watching as it makes them more apt to take those spot up jumpers from mid with it higher but you can also balance it out with contested mid range jumpers too so they take the ones they should where they are wide open but won't take the ones they shouldn't.
Vann

How up to date are your tendencies on your uploaded roster?

I may be getting an Xbox in the coming weeks & was just curious how far along you are editing wise?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 15

Here is a side question, has anyone figured out why when playing against the CPU that their defenders play every players on offense tight? Even the bad shooters are played tight on D, it seems like the CPU never plays gap or moderate on D. You would think the defensive A.I. would back off John Wall so they won't get blown by, or back off Andre Robertson on 3's but they don't. Has anyone ever solved this?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #84
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Shot IQ plays a big factor in this decision-making, so you should account for that as well.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 11-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #85
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Here is a side question, has anyone figured out why when playing against the CPU that their defenders play every players on offense tight? Even the bad shooters are played tight on D, it seems like the CPU never plays gap or moderate on D. You would think the defensive A.I. would back off John Wall so they won't get blown by, or back off Andre Robertson on 3's but they don't. Has anyone ever solved this?
To be honest I have not noticed this. I have seen the opposite and sagging way off non shooters and close to home on good shooters. Are you playing in play now or my league? What roster? Doesn't updated ACE apply to a roster and the one you are using or too current my leagues? I will say I globally raised defensive IQ and help defense 5-10 points though for better all around defense but not sure that factors in here although it might.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #86
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Shot IQ plays a big factor in this decision-making, so you should account for that as well.
Good call! I had adjusted those a bit, but might want to look into that a bit more for those role players to decipher the best shot to take in those different scenarios...
Old 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #87
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Good luck with the job Vann that's awesome. Gonna really miss your edits but if coaching is your passion you gotta go for it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

Van and anybody else doing edits and testing. Ima keep it short for now. Run your cpuvscpu tests with ball security at 0 cpu. Let me know how it goes.. Ill explain later if I have , its just right now im on mobile instead of my computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »