Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 10:32 AM   #65
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 24 impressions thread

Removed
Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr

Last edited by The Gamer; 03-15-2024 at 10:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 10:38 AM   #66
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Had to change some sliders but overall I like it. The menu just screams GTA Vice City Miami in the 1980s. Anyway the sliders for me was the CPU was hitting way too good. They were getting doubles and HRs, me, it was pop up city or a fly out. It was like my hits were carrying like balloons. Graphically it looks a tad bit better, more so the hair textures. I personally don't think this game will ever make a giant leap graphically until they abandon the PS4 version.

The sound track is kind of a odd for a baseball game. Like it is a lot of R&B songs.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:58 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

CAPS look WAY better this year. Which is needed because they skimped out on face scans again. There was a time where it felt like all players who debuted the year prior had scanned faces the next year in game. Seems to not be the case anymore

The World Series rangers have like 7 ppl from their Championship roster who dont face face scans.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM   #68
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

Some thoughts on presentation after a few hours of play.

POSITIVES:

- The game looks great, for the most part. There’s some things that could use work like the grass, dirt, some stadium details and some of the city backdrops but I still think it’s a gorgeous game and the new player models and hair physics are an excellent addition.

- The crowd sounds amazing. They react much better to specific situations and I love all the new chants and chatter.

- There’s a lot more player emotion. Walk off wins feel more impactful and even seeing players get hit by a pitch, there’s much more of a reaction there.

- All of the new stadium sounds are great, like the Yankee Stadium siren etc.

- The scorebug and overlays are pretty slick

- The overall presentation of the Jeter storylines mode is incredible. They really did an amazing job with it. I’ve not tried the Negro Leagues S2 yet.

NEGATIVES:

- The commentary between Boog and Chris Singleton is still lacking. I’m already hearing loads of the same lines and stories from 23 and I’ve not really heard much new stuff from them. Maybe I need to just play more, but there’s still lots of dead air as well. Boog does get more pumped up and excited when things like a walk-off home run happen, but Singleton always just sounds totally deadpan and it kinda ruins the moment a bit.

- The broadcast presentation is really lacking things like sideline reporting and maybe talking about other games going on around the league, what’s coming up next for specific teams etc. These small things would really go a long way to making it feel more like a tv broadcast.

- I still really hate how the camera/presentation will just quick cut or fade to the next batter at the plate, or skip over player walk ups etc completely - even when it’s on full broadcast mode. In a game earlier, Juan Soto got hit by a pitch and it didn’t really linger on the moment at all. Just faded to the next batter at the plate and Soto was on base. I really wish it would let these things play out. Even between pitches, it often just quick cuts to the pitcher with the ball again ready for the next one.

————-

Overall I’m really enjoying it. I can’t wait to discover more.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #69
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Hit a deep fly to CF that was caught at the wall. The crowd swell was definitely an upgrade over 23.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:14 AM   #70
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

The ump cam on strikeouts in pretty cool
Old 03-15-2024, 11:30 AM   #71
Pro

polyduster's Arena

It looks like they removed the radio show during Franchise. That's too bad as I enjoyed it, even though I was hoping they would improve it.

I guess since the ticker has so much information, they didn't need it anymore.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 11:54 AM   #72
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

played briefly last night, first impressions are not good.

1. Menus are super slow and clunky
2. Online was not working
3. Barely any new equipment added, only new things i can recall are the Bruce Bolt Items.
4. Same colors available to choose when editing gear and the same issues that plague the series are still there such as primary and secondary colors being reversed and logos not changing color despite changing the colors.

5. The laziness of the art dev team are still there as the Padres are now in year 4 of wearing brown and yellow and the entire crowd is still in blue and white and the old gear.

6. Game play is nearly identical.
7. Pinpoint pitching does have some new motions but still very easy to hit.
8. Pitching is still very easy, played 1 game on default Hall of Fame setting. Allowed 0 runs and struck out 14.

9. Same old commentary lines. Still asking Boog if he can draw a walk.

Will dive more into it tonight, i only played 1 exhibition game and browsed menus as i had to go into work today and didn't stay up all night playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »