Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2024, 08:08 PM   #433
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

For those of us that like to play Spring Training they really need to add the ability to end game after nine innings if tied.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:35 AM   #434
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Just made the purchase last night. Really enjoying the feel and look of the menus. Reminds me a lot of NBA 2K17 in terms of the "look" and I always enjoyed the ambiance of that game. The soundtrack is also a home run, pun intended. Love some of the tracks chosen this year.

I have decided to play as the Atlanta Braves (as I always do) and I'm going to do a player lock of the starting pitcher for every home game. Therefore, last night I simmed to the first game of the Diamonbacks series. The sim stats seemed to be on a heavy home run correlation but the Braves are a pretty hard-hitting team so, I'm still rolling with it.

The game itself didn't feel too different from The Show 23, at least on in the initial game. I do like the presentation (which may just be an extension on the menus). I like the stat overlays. Pitched a decent 6 innings with Max Fried and had a good time.

I did seem to have a slightly abnormal amount of foul balls but not to the point where it seemed overbearing.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:42 AM   #435
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I prefer auto fielding, but not because I can't do fielding, I just like how the game looks and feels with auto fielding. Looks more organic. I can totally understand why people wouldn't want auto fielding though.
I'd use manual everything if I could turn off the blue fielding circle, throw to cutoff prompt and other notifications and helper icons. i miss the days where the blue circle wasn't there for the combination of auto fielding / manual throwing...that at least was possible previously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 09:53 AM   #436
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
I'd use manual everything if I could turn off the blue fielding circle, throw to cutoff prompt and other notifications and helper icons. i miss the days where the blue circle wasn't there for the combination of auto fielding / manual throwing...that at least was possible previously.
No blue circle was good until last year. It makes zero sense. I still have 20 installed and what a thing of beauty with the clean screen.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 04-30-2024 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:09 PM   #437
Rookie

Played while it's raining for 1st time. Constant rain is fine, but constant thunder is a bit too much, especially because there would't be a game, if there is a thunderstorm in the area.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:40 PM   #438
Rookie

This is the first Show in years I'm not really having fun with. Not sure what happened but I can't get anyone out online anymore. Not sure what it is...Maybe everyone has their hitting settings on timing only or something. Pretty disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »