Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #41
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

Update

The agility attribute needs to be lowered by 30 for all of the offensive and def lineman,linebackers, cornerbacks and safeties..

This allows for that added cushion to both of the major edits I've set already

Lower all players acceleration in the game by 30
Lower all offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers strength down by 30

Normal Game Speed
Threshold at 75
Tackling Sliders at 60/70 (Human-CPU)

I'm starting to not agree with the normal game speed though.
Tried slow with 60 threshold and it's kinda good as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #42
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Tomba, this eliminates, or cuts down on defensive backs skating and shifting into position for interceptions and tips as well, at least in M11?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
Tomba, this eliminates, or cuts down on defensive backs skating and shifting into position for interceptions and tips as well, at least in M11?
yes most definitely my friend . Actually i omitted that in my list of fixes this edit does.

the best way to explain it is that they don't JUMP anymore into int and swats. it looks normal now...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #44
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i did an agility edit for both offense and defense, not by 30 but according to what i thought were players abilities, and it played beautifully in ncaa 12....

however, it showed alot of the bad habits in the play calling for both cpu and user Ex. i ran for 200 yds with any team i edited becuase the cpu didnt have the right discipline about gaps/commitment to stopping the run.

the edit will make every step a player takes vital to the correct/effective pursuit of the ball carrier(which we want ideally) but when a team like the ravens in 3-4 is not lined up for those backers to take advantage of the big front 3, they lose a step and its guaranteed 8yds per play. it seems the backers are lined up/in generic spots it isn't fundamental IMO.

next issue, TE especially the fast ones are open all day which is realistic and safeties should be covering them(again the strategy we want) but the cpu is clueless to this adjustment they will still put suggs to cover Gates with out a jam even. Agility on D allows the cpu to compensates for being out of position on most plays without it both cpu and user would get hammered if you dont call the perfect play. Ex i love to call nickel cover 2 man when i see 3wr, when the cpu ran it was a guaranteed 10 yds, without high agility my LB's weren't able to warp/turn unrealistically to avoid blockers they got blocked 9/10 times, everybody got blocked and if they didnt have the ability to fight off that block we got gashed...

this is one reason i have stopped being completely frustrated with madden/ncaa

the game can be super realistic if edited/designed differently with just the ratings, its not, becuase its designed for the casual fan which is fine to some degree IMO

Tomba i admire your work and would use your file in a heartbeat but like you i have edited this game to death and have theories that i haven't shared but do to my copy and see great results but i keep coming back to the same conclusion, it wasn't build to playthis way....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #45
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

If this works as well as you claim it does, I suggest you get some game footage posted up on YouTube of it in action. Lets us all take the "Operation Sports eye test."

Show us different teams/players. I am worried about player like Wes Welker who are known for their explosive quickness but low top end speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #46
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i did an agility edit for both offense and defense, not by 30 but according to what i thought were players abilities, and it played beautifully in ncaa 12....

however, it showed alot of the bad habits in the play calling for both cpu and user Ex. i ran for 200 yds with any team i edited becuase the cpu didnt have the right discipline about gaps/commitment to stopping the run.

the edit will make every step a player takes vital to the correct/effective pursuit of the ball carrier(which we want ideally) but when a team like the ravens in 3-4 is not lined up for those backers to take advantage of the big front 3, they lose a step and its guaranteed 8yds per play. it seems the backers are lined up/in generic spots it isn't fundamental IMO.

next issue, TE especially the fast ones are open all day which is realistic and safeties should be covering them(again the strategy we want) but the cpu is clueless to this adjustment they will still put suggs to cover Gates with out a jam even. Agility on D allows the cpu to compensates for being out of position on most plays without it both cpu and user would get hammered if you dont call the perfect play. Ex i love to call nickel cover 2 man when i see 3wr, when the cpu ran it was a guaranteed 10 yds, without high agility my LB's weren't able to warp/turn unrealistically to avoid blockers they got blocked 9/10 times, everybody got blocked and if they didnt have the ability to fight off that block we got gashed...

this is one reason i have stopped being completely frustrated with madden/ncaa

the game can be super realistic if edited/designed differently with just the ratings, its not, becuase its designed for the casual fan which is fine to some degree IMO

Tomba i admire your work and would use your file in a heartbeat but like you i have edited this game to death and have theories that i haven't shared but do to my copy and see great results but i keep coming back to the same conclusion, it wasn't build to playthis way....

Good to see you tried it. albeit at your own version of settings,but the logic is still kinda there as well so that you can see where i was headed with it...

I feel a base edit then into an actual "this is how the nfl is" edit should be applied after some time knowing what the based edit lacks.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #47
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
If this works as well as you claim it does, I suggest you get some game footage posted up on YouTube of it in action. Lets us all take the "Operation Sports eye test."

Show us different teams/players. I am worried about player like Wes Welker who are known for their explosive quickness but low top end speed.

Actaully have a youtube channel just never got around to posting videos. If behind Shadows could chime in maybe we could get some vids from these edits. he's the only one i trust with this type of footage, but i should get into doing my own.

Imagine

"This is tomba tombasports truth chasers ya boy versuz lol" type of annoucement.

I think i wanna do a Bob ueker type voice tho more original than anything else out there.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #48
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I wish I had a voice/personality for good and fun videos. I am just a very analytical person.

It isn't a matter of not believing you, because I do... but I would like to see some good video evidence of this in action. Maybe a quick peek at the roster and settings before you start a game, and then dive right in and give us some core game play footage to pour over. unlike EA, don't be afraid to give us the good, the bad, and the ugly. Show us some sim play. Show us some "cheesing." If these edits really are this good, maybe we can help move this idea forward to EA.

I sounds like one of the "problems" is that acceleration and strength are too powerful right now. This way, whn they give a player 96 acceleration in Madden 13, it will be like 76 Acceleration in Madden 11. Does that make sense? Because right now, the idea of Wes Welker only having 76-ish acceleration sounds like you would make him "worthless," where in real life he is dangerous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »