Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #57
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

I wish had kept my Madden 11 (well not really, because it wouldn't trade in well now) to test this out...

Also, how will this work with DPP (Dynamic Player Performance)? Like, lets say Adrian Peterson is beasting it as of late, since he's doing so good his ratings get a boost (assuming ACC is one of the boosts). That kinda voids all the player edits...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #58
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
I wish had kept my Madden 11 (well not really, because it wouldn't trade in well now) to test this out...

Also, how will this work with DPP (Dynamic Player Performance)? Like, lets say Adrian Peterson is beasting it as of late, since he's doing so good his ratings get a boost (assuming ACC is one of the boosts). That kinda voids all the player edits...
shouldn't the player traits are more so for just boosts but those boosts would only boost by 5 to 10 points like the dlc ones
Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #59
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
shouldn't the player traits are more so for just boosts but those boosts would only boost by 5 to 10 points like the dlc ones
Ah, ok. I think I got a bit ahead of myself. I don't see why speed/acc would be boosted. A player just doesn't gain speed/acc because they are doing good, atleast I hope not in M12. (talking to myself lol) Not that big of a deal then.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #60
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
Ah, ok. I think I got a bit ahead of myself. I don't see why speed/acc would be boosted. A player just doesn't gain speed/acc because they are doing good, atleast I hope not in M12. (talking to myself lol) Not that big of a deal then.

Just lowered a scrambling qb's acc down by 30 and he still remained a scrabbling qb
Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
yep. did this with a couple teams. it looks and feels good. Don't know about the particulars that are talked about in this thread ie,... changes to speed rushers or qb's becoming pocket passers only. but the general look/smoothness is improved for sure.
This was in response to NCAA 12

Pass rushers have to be at a certain speed and acceleration or else the tendency of the player changes and in return he won't play like a Pass rusher

Same thing with QB's in NCAA 12 lower acceleration to much and their tendency reverts to Pocket QB or Balanced QB which in return they won't run or scramble much at all.

As for Madden 12 because of the new DPP/Player Traits you might be able to get away with this tactic because you can assign a player traits regardless of his acceleration, speed or agility ratings

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-24-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #62
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This was in response to NCAA 12

Pass rushers have to be at a certain speed and acceleration or else the tendency of the player changes and in return he won't play like a Pass rusher

Same thing with QB's in NCAA 12 lower acceleration to much and their tendency reverts to Pocket QB or Balanced QB which in return they won't run or scramble much at all.

As for Madden 12 because of the new DPP/Player Traits you might be able to get away with this tactic because you can assign a player traits regardless of his acceleration, speed or agility ratings
Going to do some research on how the traits actually work now and see if any write ups have been around.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #63
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

tomba, I have tried to elude to the question twice already, so I will ask it boldly:

How does this effect players like Wes Welker, who's real life strength is their quickness, and not their top speed?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #64
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
All Line backers offensive and defensive lineman
Strength down by 30 from whatever the player already has
Example: 84 = 54

All Players
Acceleration down by 30 from whatever the speed of the player is
Example 94 speed = 64 acceleration

All of the offensive and defensive lineman,linebackers,cornerbacks and safeties
Agility down by 30

Game Speed Slow
60 Threshold
Tackling Sliders 60/70 (Human/CPU)

Running Ability Slider needs to be tweaked to your liking.
First I want to mention great work and efforts. Im sure many appreciate your hard work with this. I do especially

I wanted to assist a little with those concerned with the acceleration rating being dropped.

The major thing to aid the acceleration is the threshold. By this being raised the players will still feel the way they should.

To test out this simply put threshold at zero, and you will see how players get going very slowly, and once you raise it they get going right away.

I noticed this with NCAA12. I use 25 , but one day I put it at zero, and noticed right away that yes I feel the weight of the players more, but they took much longer to get going.

I felt it the minute I tried to take off with my QB. He actually stood still for a good second then started moving and it translated slowly. I moved it back to 25 and it was back to normal.

Your idea sounds great and I will for sure try this out. Unfortunately I will only try this with Madden. NCAA has way to many teams to tweak

Quote:
Just lowered a scrambling qb's acc down by 30 and he still remained a scrabbling qb

Again because you have threshold at 60 ,so it makes perfect sense why they Qb felt fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »