Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #25
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
Not questioning anything here but what do you mean when you say the game plays smoother?

Could you give more details on how the game changes to the better with these edits?

I'll make a list

1) Kick offs are better spaced. meaning players are not all rushing to the middle to get a kick punt returner. Defenders no longer run by or jump by piles because they no longer try from 20 yards out to tackle. Players realistically get 'stuck' or guard better at the line and don't make it down field so easily.

Also and this is true after every play is stopped. SOMEHOW players no longer jump up and run off they just casually move away instead of the super fast getting back to the sideline action we've been used to.

2) Pitch out run plays look more realistic and are guard like they should be. Good pitch out now happen 1 out of every 4 or 3 plays like they should.

3)Tackling in general is better looking. No more hiccups when players collide

4)Sideline catches are made better and over the top catches are reduced and catches in general happen at the knees at the shoulders etc. really cool stuff

4) Goaline play is actually slow! I mean you can throw and defenders are wondering what you're gonna do. They wait for the throw or for the motion to develop. looks better.

5) players no longer have that annoying hunchback look. they stand up straight.

6)NO one accelerates or warps onto plays anymore. everything is handled depending on how close you are to the play. Nobody's flying in any more on plays and getting tripped up..This is in part due to strength and acceleration NOT being so high as well

Just to name a few
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #26
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopPotBandit81
How drastically does lowering Acceleration and Strength affect the players' OVR?

Apparently OVR affects individual attributes (and vice-versa of course.)
Good you mentioned this as I forgot to mention how it would affect layers overall.

About 10 point per each player.

So if a players overall is 88 they're now a 78 BUT because I've only edited the acceleration and strength and not eh actual running blocking tackling etc attributes Players will still play to their 'qualities per say, So it's good.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #27
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems strange how this would work. I believe you, and it's a terrific find. I hope it works in M12 also.

So, you do plan on releasing this as a roster file?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
Seems strange how this would work. I believe you, and it's a terrific find. I hope it works in M12 also.

So, you do plan on releasing this as a roster file?
I'd be my hope I mean want to for you guys yeah. I mean it takes about15 minutes per team.

32 teams Starting on Friday once the download stops with Season Ticket.

Maybe be done by Sunday?

I'd release as a base file that would be worked on from there.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #29
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

These edits taking each player's overall down about 10 points actually sounds great too.

What would you do in a franchise? Say a player gains 2 points of acceleration...would you edit it again so the difference is still 20 points?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I'd be my hope I mean want to for you guys yeah. I mean it takes about15 minutes per team.

32 teams Starting on Friday once the download stops with Season Ticket.

Maybe be done by Sunday?

I'd release as a base file that would be worked on from there.
that'll be awesome. I tried these on madden 11 and it actually impoves the game a bunch. can't wait to see the effect on 12.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i wish you would do these edits on ncaa 11 or 12 where its easy to share rosters, like you did on nba live....

but i'll test it
This idea would kill NCAA 12's gameplay because this year tendencies are more dependent on ratings

For example if you lower a scrambling QB's acceleration down to much he'll turn into a pocket passer

I don't thinkTomba is considering the effects this will have on player tendencies....

You'll have a QB with 80+ speed yet because of his acceleration being butchered he won't run at all.

If NCAA had DPP/Tendencies like Madden where you can assign a player traits then this might be work....but NCAA player tendencies are highly dependent upon base ratings

If you start lowering a DT's strength that is listed a run stopper at default he'll convert into a pass rasher even at 320 lb's

So i'm not knocking what Tomba is trying to do the idea on paper looks great if you don't don't particulary care abotu what the effects would be for player tendencies.

Evenn in Madden though with DPP applied if you drop D.Jackson's or CJ's acceleration down that much they will no longer be listed as speed players

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #32
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
that'll be awesome. I tried these on madden 11 and it actually impoves the game a bunch. can't wait to see the effect on 12.
So you did the following edit? just curious. It's always better seeing it first hand in person than thru a direct feed. I also think vid cam videos look the best as the ones that were all direct feed for madden 12 look awful compared to the E3 ones etc.

Lower all players acceleration in the game by 30
Lower all offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers strength down by 30

Normal Game Speed
Threshold at 75
Tackling Sliders at 60/70 (Human-CPU)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »