Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #33
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
These edits taking each player's overall down about 10 points actually sounds great too.

What would you do in a franchise? Say a player gains 2 points of acceleration...would you edit it again so the difference is still 20 points?
The diff I believe is still 10 overall. I don't think each attribute make sit go down 10 each to make up that 20.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Good you mentioned this as I forgot to mention how it would affect layers overall.

About 10 point per each player.

So if a players overall is 88 they're now a 78 BUT because I've only edited the acceleration and strength and not eh actual running blocking tackling etc attributes Players will still play to their 'qualities per say, So it's good.
That's not correct because a pass rusher has to have a certain acceleration rating to be listed as such

Once you start dropping the acceleration the game will no longer recognize certain player as pass rushers or speed backs for example

There is a work around this but it then it requires lowering other ratings just to get him back to being listed as pass rusher and to me that's just not worth the time

It would be like lowering Deion Sanders acceleration so much that he converts from a Cover CB to a Hard Hitter because the Madden engine recognizes his lower acceleration and wouldn't consider him a Cover CB any longer

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #35
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This idea would kill NCAA 12's gameplay because this year tendencies are more dependent on ratings

For example if you lower a scrambling QB's acceleration down to much he'll turn into a pocket passer

I don't thinkTomba is considering the effects this will have on player tendencies....

You'll have a QB with 80+ speed yet because of his acceleration being butchered he won't run at all.

If NCAA had DPP/Tendencies like Madden where you can assign a player traits then this might be work....but NCAA player tendencies are highly dependent upon base ratings

If you start lowering a DT's strength that is listed a run stopper at default he'll convert into a pass rasher even at 320 lb's

So i'm not knocking what Tomba is trying to do the idea on paper looks great if you don't don't particulary care abotu what the effects would be for player tendencies.

Evenn in Madden though with DPP applied if you drop D.Jackson's or CJ's acceleration down that much they will no longer be listed as speed players
Ahhh I love it. Playmakers either tends to agree with me or disagree with me. But this time I think he might be right to some extent, though he did mention one thing thats now got me thinking that might make this work....

Playmakers stated:

If you start lowering a DT's strength that is listed a run stopper at default he'll convert into a pass rasher even at 320 lb's

I've noticed the changes with scrambling,pass rushing etc. BUT the attributes themselves STILL stay at the high levels. those are not touched. And if the tendencies/player traits are to truly work they'll prob work in the fashion that All Pro did with their attribute boosters" which is what i think EA is trying to do with this. It's that added thing that is noticed "in-game" so that player DO what the DO in real life.

Looking at this chart for the player traits I think we'd be safe to say that attributes would only be enhanced I could be wrong but theres hoping that somehow this logic can translate to an edit that finds a medium with the player traits as well. You also have to factor in slider sets which make a diff too which i would prob provide as a base to start with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Good you mentioned this as I forgot to mention how it would affect layers overall.

About 10 point per each player.

So if a players overall is 88 they're now a 78 BUT because I've only edited the acceleration and strength and not eh actual running blocking tackling etc attributes Players will still play to their 'qualities per say, So it's good.
Great! I'm excited to try this out...

I'm lowering everybody's Strength and Acceleration by 20 points to even things out, too bad it will only work in Year One for Franchise in M11.

Last edited by TopPotBandit81; 08-23-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #37
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
That's not correct because a pass rusher has to have a certain acceleration rating to be listed as such

Once you start dropping the acceleration the game will no longer recognize certain player as pass rushers or speed backs for example

There is a work around this but it then it requires lowering other ratings just to get him back to being listed as pass rusher and to me that's just not worth the time

It would be like lowering Deion Sanders acceleration so much that he converts from a Cover CB to a Hard Hitter because the Madden engine recognizes his lower acceleration and wouldn't consider him a Cover CB any longer
The work around I know as being dealt with with NCAA from just the mere roster issue NCAA 12 had from naming players. So I know what you mean.

Trust me I found workaround before. Even this edit with the strength and acceleration is good because from an editing work procedure standpoint the attributes are close to each other lol. But in all seriousness. I've tested this out with madden 11 and it works for my eyes at least, it appears to be smoother and more solid.

madden 12 I don't want to turn into an editing debacle because thats how you start not liking the game and you stop editing it AND PLAYING IT and thats something i no longer want to mikss out on the initial enjoyment of a game. esp madden where since I was a kid I played to have fun with
Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 AM   #38
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopPotBandit81
Great! I'm excited to try this out...

I'm lowering everybody's Strength and Acceleration by 20 points to even things out, too bad it will only work in Year One for Franchise in M11.
I'm not pushing this edit on you but i would actually try these settings as these are what s working specifically for madden 11.

Lower all players acceleration in the game by 30
Lower all offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers strength down by 30

Normal Game Speed
Threshold at 75
Tackling Sliders at 60/70 (Human-CPU)

(I'm going to put these settings on the first post now as well)
Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ahhh I love it. Playmakers either tends to agree with me or disagree with me. But this time I think he might be right to some extent, though he did mention one thing thats now got me thinking that might make this work....

Playmakers stated:

I've noticed the changes with scrambling,pass rushing etc. BUT the attributes themselves STILL stay at the high levels. those are not touched. And if the tendencies/player traits are to truly work they'll prob work in the fashion that All Pro did with their attribute boosters" which is what i think EA is trying to do with this. It's that added thing that is noticed "in-game" so that player DO what the DO in real life.

Looking at this chart for the player traits I think we'd be safe to say that attributes would only be enhanced I could be wrong but theres hoping that somehow this logic can translate to an edit that finds a medium with the player traits as well. You also have to factor in slider sets which make a diff too which i would prob provide as a base to start with
The new DPP will definetly help you to offset the tendencies lable being converted in Madden

But in Ncaa the actual tendency itself will trigger how the player actually plays

That is the bigggest complaint with NCAA fans right now is that the players adjust their playing styles once you edit a rating or their actual name

You have better chance to make this work in Madden 12 as opposed to NCAA but i would still be worried about lowering someone like Chris Johnson's acceleration rating because that could make him end up feeling like Brandon Jacobs in those 1st 5-10 yards up the field really slow and sluggish out of the backfield

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-23-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #40
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
The new DPP will definetly help you to offset the tendencies lable being converted in Madden

But in Ncaa the actual tendency itself will trigger how the player actually plays

That is the bigggest compliant with NCAA fans right now is that the players adjust their playing styles once you edit a rating or their actual name

You have better chance to make this work in Madden 12 as opposed to NCAA but i would still be worried about lowering someone like Chris Johnson's acceleration rating because that could make him end up feeling like Brandon Jacobs in those 1st 5-10 yards up the field really slow and sluggish out of the backfield
I took this logic with the strength attribute and only used it for offensive/defensive lineman and linebackers, but you're right about how the acceleration might treat certain offensive players esp RB's WR's and QB.

You're Brandon Jacobs example is spot on and I saw this. But while i was editing this out I put the speed at normal and threshold at 75 and it made for better running by the RB etc. So thats why i feel sliders sets have to be accompanied by this. But i'm not sure. i'm using madden 11 as my testing ground right now. the madden demo can only be studied at this point and as you said NCAA is unfair to judge by

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »