Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 12:05 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Playing the trial on PS5

So far I'm not noticing much if any improvement from the beta. Has the day one patch already been released? I hope not because I'm seeing a lot of issues & bugs..

Way to much clipping going on post play (players running up stepping through bodies of players lying on the field after tackles, players rolling through the legs of other players, limbs & feet clipping through body parts, etc. Player avoidance & Collision Detection post play has taken a step backwards. It works at times but it's very inconsistent. It's a shame because the post play emotion is a much needed & welcomed addition, but the clipping at times overshadows it. The post play collision detection was fixed & working fine in 23, so I really hope it gets fixed in a patch. It's such an immersion killer & might be a deal breaker for me. I noticed this in the beta & reported it, so I'm still holding out hope that they will fix it.

Sideline players are messed up with generic players wearing different color numbers on their uniforms on certain teams, some uniforms are glitched out, etc. I actually saw what looked like a 7 foot player that stood out amongst all the other sideline players when I was using the Cardinals in Play now. Also as an aside, having generic sideline player models mixed in with actual player models looks horrible & is so last Gen imo.

The ball randomly warps & gets stuck into the ball carrier's wrist & forearm after the play during some of the post play banter & celebrations.

I play on the Zoom cam & some of the camera pans after touchdowns zoom in upwards at awkward angles where I can no long see my players.

I turned off the dynamic momentum when I started a franchise but it was still on during my games..

I noticed a few other wonky issues as well. This is all from just a couple hours of playing..

Overall the game seems unpolished especially being that this is a so called "make or break year". There's a lot of potential here but they need to clean up some things. Doesn't seem like it was ready to be released yet. If these issues go unaddressed, especially the Physics/Collision detection & post play player avoidance, I'll probably pass on Madden this year. The game is not bad by any means, i guess i just expect more at this point. I've been playing Madden for a long time like a lot of you have on these forums. I'm just tired of having to overlook nagging issues just to try to enjoy the game. EA has been at it a long time with Madden. Certain issues year after year are getting to be inexcusable. I'm not asking for anything that they haven't done already before. I just want a polished football game. Sorry for the rant lol.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-15-2023 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:21 AM   #50
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Started a franchise to test things out. Turned injuries up to 60 and there was literally an injury on every single play, so definitely a slider to play around with.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:43 AM   #51
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Not played a ton but seeing a Thursday Night Football broadcast package. I remember JP talking about these but i didn't get a chance to see them in the beta. Looks amazing. Color scheme of TNF matches Prime too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 01:18 AM   #52
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Doing a few cpu vs cpu games and I am seeing much improved special team play. Nice punt returns, and kickoffs being taken to the house! Animations are good. Path finding for the backs are nicely implemented. I am impressed. I still see the warts this game has, but I must give EA credit here. Just hope the release day patch doesn't take things backwards.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:22 AM   #53
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Throwing animations are monumentally better.

Player emotion stuff is really cool.

Really good looking game. EAs advanced hair is really something.

Body types look great.

On field chatter is annoying already. Luckily there is a volume slider for it.

For some weird reason if a player has ankle tape on there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it.

Really enjoying it so far.
Old 08-15-2023, 04:16 AM   #54
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Throwing animations are monumentally better.

Player emotion stuff is really cool.

Really good looking game. EAs advanced hair is really something.

Body types look great.

On field chatter is annoying already. Luckily there is a volume slider for it.

For some weird reason if a player has ankle tape on there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it.

Really enjoying it so far.

Idk if it’s because I’m on Xbox and just the trial or what, but the on field chatter I can’t even hear, and something similar is going on with the team songs and chants, I barely hear it. In Week 1 Packers Bears, I noticed the lighting changed from afternoon to night lighting by the 4th quarter, also in Week 3 I was throwing with Love and he got hit by Cameron Jordan and dislocated his elbow and is out 4 weeks. Other things I’ve noticed, are there seems to be more field degradation and jerseys have more grass stains and dirt than paint marks on them. Presentation is better now than it was in the beta, when they showed the draft class screen they actually talked about some of the players by name (Van Ness, Musgrave, Kraft, Reed) and not just generic commentary about it.
Old 08-15-2023, 04:28 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why the clock so small this year ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 04:31 AM   #56
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

1 game 49ers @ Steelers, lost 27-13 after a number of first quarter injuries including Brock Purdy, Christian McCaffrey, and Trent Williams. Juice was lost in weekly prep so 21 personnel wasn't an option. Default everything All Pro.

My offense struggled. Averaged under four and threw 3 picks (all of them clearly my fault as I was getting frustrated at one point). Had a number of near-big plays defensively and held the running game in check (didn't shut down, but held in check), but couldn't seem to defend the pass over the middle medium if I wasn't getting pressure. Bosa had 2 sacks, no production from any other defensive linemen. Is it just me, or is Hargrave a tad underrated? Blitzed very little.

Anyways, I feel I had the talent advantage but didn't execute well and while I think the 49ers roster is far better than the Steelers, I can see losing this game this way considering my injuries.

PC, had good performance except on the front end. Man, the franchise menus are SLOW.

Specs for reference:

Intel Core i3-1300F 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
NViIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB

My processor is clearly a bottleneck, I know, but it still seems like the menus should be better.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-15-2023 at 04:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »