Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2023, 09:50 PM   #25
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

I will say they added a lot more to do in franchise mode. I been on this game for about 45 minutes just doing mini camps and the weekly challenges have more to do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 09:51 PM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

XSX

Just been doing play now games, but WOW.. so far I'm really digging M24.

I hope to god they don't tune the missed passes, knockouts, no warp INT's.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:59 PM   #27
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

So another impression i saw there was cross play i dont think that was something that was mention or if it was I didn’t know of. Sucks the ea servers are down it says my progression wont be counted

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 08-14-2023, 10:11 PM   #28
Rookie

On XSX LG C2 TV the cut scenes the framerate drops and overall choppy anyone else?
Old 08-14-2023, 10:14 PM   #29
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

The servers being down is a huge turn-off, but sadly it's to be expected in today's gaming landscape where AAA games rarely release in a stable state.

So far, the game feels mostly like a copy-and-paste from M23 with the exception of the gameplay being smoothed over. I say that with one game played. Note that I am not as well versed at scrutinizing the intricacies of the game as so many of you guys are. I'm not gifted at picking up those little moments that separate Madden from year to year titles, especially when EA appears to only make marginal changes between each year.

Had a fun game playing against the 49ers at SoFi. Won 27-21. I like how some of the moments mirrored the nonsense that happens in Rams/Niners games in real life. In the Niners' second drive of the game, Purdyboy ripped off a 55 yard touchdown run via an RPO when my entire defense committed to CMC. I couldn't help but laugh, because that's the kind of stupid play the Rams would give up (in the regular season) to the Niners.

Asides from a pitch and catch TD to Diva Deebo, Purdyboy was abysmal through the air. 81 yards and a pick six.

Matthew Stafford also tossed a couple of picks, in typical Matthew Stafford fashion and in typical me fashion, y'know. Up 17-14 to begin the 4th quarter, I was at the 10. I tossed a senseless pick. The very next play, CMC ripped off a 96 yard touchdown run which gave the Niners a 21-17 advantage. Once again, I couldn't help but laugh and I ended up developing PTSD to the time Frank Gore -- in real life, of course -- ripped off an obnoxious run against the Rams by destroying Corey Chavous on his way to the end zone on a 4th down play back in 2007. Ugh. LOL!

On my vengeance drive, Stafford tossed a nice roll-out TD pass to Cooper Kupp to retake the lead. After a Niners' three and out, I found myself in field goal position, and after failing to gain a first down, extended the lead to what ended up being the final: 27-21.

Fun game.

I was playing on all-pro. Purdyboy missed a ton of easy throws when he wasn't pressured. I wasn't too thrilled with that. He appeared pretty accurate last season. Who knows how he'll be when he plays this upcoming season, but I expected more of a challenge there, even with default simulation sliders.

I was hoping the virtual Niners would have ran more ridiculous plays with Diva Deebo or find a way to get Greaseball George more involved in the gameplan. Nick Bosa played well and made a big difference. The Niners could have tacked on two more interceptions but they were dropped.

Oh. I forgot to mention that Stafford got injured in the third quarter. Low back strain. He came back in. Both the injury, and coming back in... very Stafford-like.

I concur with another poster that running feels too easy once again. Holes open, readily. I feel like the Niners put a stop to it by adjusting in the second half, but that could also be a skill issue on my behalf.

Planning on having a lot of fun with this Madden. I do enjoy the smooth gameplay, but again, it always feels like EA puts in the bare minimum as far as year to year efforts go. People like to pan NBA 2K, but just imagine if EA put the same level of passion into Madden in regards to features, immersion and depth. Oh my goodness. Now, wouldn't that be something special? Madden would shatter sales records.

Commentary is absolutely awful, as expected. Virtually zero changes. No new lines asides from an overview from what happened last season. Gaudin and Davis -- same old S-word.

The soundtrack is comically awful! I turned it off after a bunch of noise played while I was trying to see if the servers would ever connect. Yikes! I sure do miss the early to mid 2000s Madden soundtracks. Big miss as far as music is concerned.

Looking forward to delving into MUT, franchise and superstar.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:15 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I will say they added a lot more to do in franchise mode. I been on this game for about 45 minutes just doing mini camps and the weekly challenges have more to do now.
I’m jealous… I have none of the new options. 3 trade slots still, no mini camps, no options for anything they talked about (home field, draft class adjustments, etc). I almost thought I loaded M23 until I saw rodgers as my QB for the jets lol
Old 08-14-2023, 10:17 PM   #31
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJaxHTTR
On XSX LG C2 TV the cut scenes the framerate drops and overall choppy anyone else?
Yeah I'm on the LG C1 and it gets choppy mainly during replays and cutscenes.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 10:19 PM   #32
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Very early impressions, was only able to get 1 game in....but color me impressed!
I input my "mishmash" AM sliders and turned up threshold to 95, and also switched my defense back to the 4-3 Steel Curtain days and off I went...lol

Played against Baker and the Bucs and was able to hold on to a 27-19 victory. There was quite a bit I noticed right away from the beta release..but the one standout was my defense played 10X better than they did in the beta, and was more in line to what I witnessed in the early footage of the game.

At first the running game seemed to be a bit easy, as Najee was already approaching 100 yards at the half, and mixing in Jaylon my run game was damn near unstoppable.

That was all to change in the 2nd half though as the inside runs that I was having success with in the first half didn't work as good in the 2nd half (was nice to see actually).

My defense played pretty good overall, Minkah picked off Baker in the endzone as they were going in for the possible TD to tie the game.

Kenny was under pressure all game which led to a lot of errant throws..IIRC he finished completing something like 45% of his passes...

Overall, not too bad, I just hope EA doesn't cave to the comp crowd as the errant throws and knockouts were pretty nice to see.

OH yea...the bad? only 2 penalties the whole game and that was during the Bucs first drive...offsides on my defense and false start by them and this is with penalties @95...so yeah not happy about that.

Almost forgot...the EA servers, need I say more?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 08-14-2023 at 10:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »