Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2023, 10:22 PM   #33
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Playing a half so far in a preseason game with the jags

Playing on all madden difficulty, default sliders except for threshold at 75

So far my run defense is strong, pass defense is suspect per usual in these games. And Lawrence is missing like every throw, even simple 5 yard dinks. Almost as if qb accuracy is at zero for me

The worst thing so far is the crowd noise and reaction, my lord it seems worse in this game. They boo on a 1 yard run and when a team scores a td the noise just seems very weird
Old 08-14-2023, 10:26 PM   #34
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

EA, please turn the sound effects way way up on the field. Can’t hear the tackles, can barely hear the ball being booted by the kickers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-14-2023, 10:29 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Yeah I'm on the LG C1 and it gets choppy mainly during replays and cutscenes.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Any chance they patch this or we're screwed all szn?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 10:34 PM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I can't believe how well the CPU runs on default All-Pro. Player movement is improved all over the place. The game just feels good.

Disappointed that EA took the lazy way out with the Jets throwback helmets and just used the ones they've had in the game forever and not the actual new throwback helmets with the reflective/sparkling green helmet.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-14-2023, 10:36 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played first 5 minutes of Trial Play.....on XBOX Series X LG Oled 65 TV. I dunno how I feel.....I guess Im just getting so tired of every year feeling the same except for a new splash screen cut screens. Yes there are some new animations and running now allows u to push forward for a few extra yards....but the overall look and feel of the game feels so much like last years game.

Yes I know what your gonna say....its Madden, what do you expect....its Football. What do you think is going to be different!? Yes I agree with this ....but, what I think they need to do which is long overdue is give the player some options to customize the game to their liking.....

The game speed for me is too fast....which leads to some animations feeling a bit to sped up.....Why cant we have a speed slider for people who enjoy a little slower paced reactive gameplay experience?

And more importantly, I mentioned this in another thread, why are we stuck with the same old CAMS every year????......Give us the ability to customize our own CAM views. I would love the ability to zoom out the broadcast cam to set it further back Tecmo bowl style or Fifa style to see more of the field and play development!

Aside from those 2 points, I havent played enough of the game to observe the AI and how organic and dynamic the different players perform based on the their ratings.....I suspect, its very much the same as it is every year and the results are driven more by the offensive play selection vs the defensive play selection which determines 95% of the outcome on the field with less dynamic input from player ratings and abilities......

Maybe I am just getting too old for the same old Madden? I want to love football and I want a really fresh gameplay experience ..........it just feels so....."the same old thing"

Hopefully Ill change my mind after some more games
Old 08-14-2023, 10:47 PM   #38
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Running on a ROG Ally

Old 08-14-2023, 10:48 PM   #39
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

I have not played much next gen since 21. So for me the game feels really fresh. Defense feels more realistic with pocket pressure causing bad throws. A lot of pass breakups are good to see as well.

I am not too fond of the modern NFL but 24 seems to represent very well. Commentary is only thing I don't enjoy.

I'm on PC and hoping for some retro mods. I hope we can set cpu playbooks this year!
Old 08-14-2023, 10:49 PM   #40
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

....On PC....during actual gameplay the framerate is solid. However, during any transition wipe the game stutters extremely hard. This was with frames capped to 120. I am thinking capping them at 60 may fix this issue knowing Frostbite..
I noticed the same stutters, but not during gameplay. I tried capping in-game to 60 but it didn't change the wipe stutters (3080ti here). Also, I run RTSS, but can't get it to cap my frame rate or display on-screen. It worked with FIFA 23, so I don't think it's the "anti cheat" engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »