Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 09:04 AM   #65
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

In the limited time I had last night with the game, one thing that I saw that I like, was the fact that not all incompletions come via overthrows and knockouts. I actually saw WR's drop the ball without being touched. On one play I saw a Steelers receiver get open, Pickett's pass was a tad inaccurate, the receiver laid out for it, the ball hit him in the hands and he didn't make the catch.

The one thing I don't like still is running backs not subbing in. Christian McCaffery already had 13 carries with about 12 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter with no sub. I'm gonna have to find a mixture of the player stamina attribute, to go along with the fatigue slider, and auto-subs to combat that.

The game is beautiful. The face scans look awesome., Hope to get more time in after work today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 09:09 AM   #66
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
The PC performance is similar to EA PGA Tour golf... Frame spikes, Micro stutters, slow/laggy transition wipes, just kills the game for me.
Im not seeing at not on 7900XT Rig
or om my 4090 Rig to me its running better then I can remember
Old 08-15-2023, 09:17 AM   #67
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

I don’t know what it is with EA titles and crashing on the series x. Madden 23 regularly crashed during offline franchise games I played. I jump into an exhibition game on 24 last night and guess what, crashes back to the dashboard. I liked the little I played, felt like a better version of 23. There are a lot of stutters on all cut scenes and swipes between plays, and running performance mode on a 120hz screen makes no difference. I was considering buying but the crashing makes me pause. It happens in madden, Bf 2042, and the dead space remake. All other EA and non EA titles run fine. Drives me nuts.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #68
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Got in last night, playing on PC (Nvidia 3080, Ryzen 9 5900X, 16GB RAM).

I only played the mini games of training camp during franchise. I saw a funny stutter once in a while right after the snap. It was odd, with default graphics settings. That was disappointing to me since I run FIFA 23 with everything maxed. I'm going to toy with it a bit and see if it's mode-specific.

Some of these minigames can be insane. The running back drill is a cakewalk, easy gold with minimal effort. Meanwhile, doing the trenches drill and it was literally broken. I was able to run around some of the blockers (they didn't move) and when I hit the QB, he was literally impossible to tackle. 5 attempts, he shrugged me off every time. Of course, if anyone remembers, this is basically how it was during the PS2 era. Some of the minigames were a cakewalk, some of them were total BS. Feels great trying to get gold with a linebacker tackling the RB, only for the RB to be Javonte Williams and he's running me over.

Tonight I hope to get some actual games in.

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-15-2023 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:26 AM   #69
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

On PC here, using the EA app. I tried a dualsense (ps5) controller, and it actually switched the icons to playstation, which was cool. Unfortunately there was no rumble in the controller.

Locked at 60FPS in-game, CPU (i9-10900k) usage is at 54%, but GPU (3080ti) is only at 2% usage, this is similar to reports I saw in the beta. This is a screenshot of resource usage while in a game:

*Edit, the GPU usage fluctuates but remains pretty low
Attached Images
File Type: png 2023-08-15_07-27-27.png (41.7 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by UtahUtes32; 08-15-2023 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:26 AM   #70
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Early Pros:
  • Body Types look great. Especially RBs
  • Graphics look very improved. Helmets and jerseys especially.
Early Cons:
  • My gosh the stuttering in the between play cutscenes is terrible. Graphics mode. Performance mode. Doesn't matter. Happened in the beta too. How in the world did nobody at EA choose to fix this? You can't play without seeing it. It was all over the beta forums. Blows my mind. I'm on Series X and I've never played a game this stuttery on this console.

I played on series x last year with no issues and now I’m back to pc but it was god awful, out of the box graphics settings. My PC is mid range but I’ve never had any gaming issues with demanding games.
Although I don’t like to give them credit for all these little in game settings changes, but adding in game graphics settings is a big deal. Especially if you have the mid to high range PC that can take advantage of the higher end graphics settings.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2023, 10:26 AM   #71
MVP

So on my 4090 and i9 10850k with 64gb of RAM on my 4k 240hz Samsung monitor with VRR turned off and setting madden to unlock FPS the game stutters like crazy

When I run the game on my 42 inch LG C3 OLED at 120fps lock in Madden it runs perfect

I think locking the FPS to 120 is the way to go. The game has way to many fps dips to do unlock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 10:27 AM   #72
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

In 3 games of franchise mode with Cowboys: 3-0. All pro difficulty is too easy against cpu because i scored over 5-7 touchdowns for 3 games. I use default slider with Homefield advantage is off. 3 games has highest scoring i had against Giants, Jets and Cardinals : 49,48,59

I really like animations, gameplay but too many open for Lamb and Cooks to catch amd scored multiple touchdowns making me feel bad because of easy challenge on all pro difficulty during 10 hours trial after cancelled preorder deluxe edition first before playing early access 10 hours trial

Last edited by michaelhawj; 08-15-2023 at 10:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »