Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2023, 09:20 PM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becanes
Game plays a little fast against the CPU in my opinion. This is on PS5.
Outside runs are still a little too easy. Haven't tried running the same play over and over though.
with the whole" run blocking logic" this is what i was afraid of, easy running game.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:24 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Played one half so far, but feel I've already seen enough to know a few things about the game given how it played in the beta and how it has played for years now.

On PC, default All Madden, Simulation. The only change I made was moving threshold to 95.

First, during actual gameplay the framerate is solid. However, during any transition wipe the game stutters extremely hard. This was with frames capped to 120. I am thinking capping them at 60 may fix this issue knowing Frostbite.

Second, the defense is just too weak to stop the user. By the half, as the Commanders vs the Chargers, I was up 28-14. Howell had 3 passing TDs and a little over 200 yards. Gibson had 1 rushing TD and 100 yards on the ground. I could have scored more, but I threw an interception at the 1 yard line.

It's the same issues that have plagued Madden for years now. The run blocking by default is simply too good. Every hole my OL opens up is big enough to drive a truck through. I was averaging nearly 9 yards a carry. Outside runs, even at 95 threshold, are incredibly strong still, maybe even stronger than they've been in recent years. The edge contain and pursuit angles are not improved at all over recent years. This has been a major issue with the game for years now.

At default 50 you're not really going to miss any throws as the user unless you're hit and it is a duck. I was around 20 of 25 passing and all incompletions sans 1 were knockouts. The other was me using the placement and throwing it slightly too far out of bounds.

Stopping the CPU isn't the issue as the CPU AI is still not where it needs to be, but right now the CPU defense seems helpless against a user that knows what they are doing, and I don't mean calling meta plays or having stick skills. I just mean anyone that can see a hole and run through it, or can read a coverage presnap and know where to go with the ball based off that.

Fortunately, I think once the modding tools become available I will be able to tune the game in a way that I will be satisfied. I am not so sure I can get to that point with simply adjusting sliders. I honestly think the OL push and the pursuit angles are both in too bad of spots that no slider changes alone can fix the the run game from being too strong. I already know I can drastically reduce the OL blocking effectiveness as long as the modding tools are similar to how they were with the past releases, so I am hopeful they are.

Overall, it is better than 23 was on my Series X. Looks better, the CPU AI changes are a bit noticeable as they were in the beta, but they still need to continue buffing the CPU AI. The catching in stride is definitely improved but has wonky results every now and then as it did in the beta. Animations continue to get better each year. It is an improvement once again, just not a gigantic one. With mods, it can potentially be a significant improvement, though.

― Plato
Old 08-14-2023, 09:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0

Started a franchise. Gameplay is great but alittle rusty on my end. I have the home field advantage turned off but it’s still on…less powerful than usual but still annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-14-2023, 09:29 PM   #20
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Haven’t played a game yet, been testing out the mini camp on my jags franchise, I will say it’s a bit challenging but then again I am a little rusty to.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Right this is a mess so far

Not a fan of the relocation uniforms. The Oilers do not look anything to the original. I thought you could assign your brand and also uniform colors. Wrong. The brand you can change but you are stuck with whatever uniforms are attached to that brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 09:38 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Playing on PC RTX 4090 & I9 -12900K

Locked the frames to 120, unlocked I noticed in last year sports games add no benefits. Runs smooth for me. First game was a rain game. Yeah the rain is still on the blocky side but not as pronounced in 4K. Played as the Bears vs Cardinals. Low scoring game, lost 9 to 7. All Pro, default sliders. Only 1 penalty, an offsides on the CPU. Kyle Murray scrambled 8 times for 86 yards. Managed to sack him once or twice. Run game is nice, the animation is just beautiful.

Ran a kick off back for a TD. Ratings seem to be accurate, couldn't pass with Fields at all. He was over throwing everybody. Kyle Murray had some over throws as well. Punt power probably will need to be increased again this year. On default everybody was just averaging 33 yard punts, which made every punt a fair catch. Saw the CPU go for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter. Saw some knockouts by the AI. Couple of interceptions by Kyle Murray. 1 game so far, but the WRs don't appear to be aggressive on jump balls, the DBs are hell of aggressive on jump balls. Cpu don't have a problem running the ball either.

Oh yeah this was on Play Now. Home field advantage don't appear to be over powered like it was in previous Maddens and in the beta. It is very slow to fill up now. Graphically the game look insane far as the player models go. The level of dirt on the uniforms is pretty impressive, you even see it on their arm sleeves. I wouldn't call the running game easy for the human player, because if you call the same running play over and over, they will break through and tackle you for a loss. CPU seem to be pretty quick to adapt on that aspect.

Stiff arms seem to be pretty powerful and useful. Players appear to have weight to them, I saw some juke moves the CPU was doing that completely juked my AI controlled defenders out of position.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:40 PM   #23
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
What are your specs?
RTX 4090 Ryzen 5950x 64 gigs or ram installed on a m.2 drive

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-14-2023, 09:43 PM   #24
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I played two games jets vs Texans and falcons vs ravens. I was jets and ravens. The game play much better than last year. Running is like how it used to be and i love that. The holes u hit the bounce off players i love running. Passing i am still trying to get the hang of it i dont know if i should user catch or not and this passing with the l2 buttons and the meter is something i have to get used to. I didn’t really get it last year. Presentations wise i like what they did but i just wish we would have gotten more its next gen you know. I feel that this was the game we should have gotten last year when madden died. Im enjoying it though finally got a football game to enjoy cuz last year wasn’t it

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »