Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2023, 05:07 PM   #425
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

I swear Madden has multiple personalities
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2023, 05:15 PM   #426
Rookie

Amalone83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
My problem with HFA is any type of boosts. “Home team has improved coverage” “home team has a higher chance of making contested catch” etc. the game already struggles to be realistic as it is, I think these type of boost make it worse. I want my scrubs to play like scrubs, my stars to play like stars, and the rest falling somewhere in between.

I 100% do not mind other HFA effects like shaky cam, the ice the kicker effect on all kicks, away team has increased chance of falling for fake snaps.

I think I'm one of the few that likes HFA. I especially like it vs a bad team because it gives them a chance against me. If I fumble or throw a pick 6 they can grab momentum and keep it a game.

I hate it when im playing the cheifs or something. I need a blessing in order to stop them lol
Old 08-22-2023, 07:08 PM   #427
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
My problem with HFA is any type of boosts. “Home team has improved coverage” “home team has a higher chance of making contested catch” etc. the game already struggles to be realistic as it is, I think these type of boost make it worse. I want my scrubs to play like scrubs, my stars to play like stars, and the rest falling somewhere in between.

I 100% do not mind other HFA effects like shaky cam, the ice the kicker effect on all kicks, away team has increased chance of falling for fake snaps.
I made a few posts defending HFA last year, this will be my only post on the subject this year: I’m just over here like bro do you really think it’s any more “OP” than pitcher-confidence in The Show? We’re talking about a +3 here or -3 here or there. It’s barely effecting anything. The way some people complained about it you’d think there was 10- & 20-point ratings boosts and deductions. The game plays 95% the same, just with some dynamics. Placebo-tier complaints imo. If they never showed the on-screen graphics half of y’all would never notice the difference.

Just my two cents, with my main observation being it’s not much different than pitcher-confidence in MLBTS and y’all were overblowing tf out of it.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 08-22-2023 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:25 PM   #428
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalone83
I think I'm one of the few that likes HFA. I especially like it vs a bad team because it gives them a chance against me. If I fumble or throw a pick 6 they can grab momentum and keep it a game.

I hate it when im playing the cheifs or something. I need a blessing in order to stop them lol
I like it because in the real NFL there is real homefield advantage. Really just that simple in my view.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-22-2023, 07:42 PM   #429
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

After playing this game for over 20+ hours and completely sinking my time in to tweaking sliders and trying my hardest to fix certain aspects to the game and it's odd quirks, I can confidently say this game does not play a good simulation of football. Not even remotely close.

Too much poor coding and legacy issues that hamper this game. Stuff that has been brought up for literally a decade if not more now, that still plagues every crevice of the gameplay. From poor o-line and pockets forming correctly, to bad blocking logic all around, to completely piss poor pass coverage and DB play.

We need other options, and hopefully they are coming within the years. EA will never fix these broken gameplay elements, they have the financial capabilities, but really have zero incentive to do so.

This game is honestly a 5/10. And that is being generous.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:50 PM   #430
Rookie

Amalone83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I like it because in the real NFL there is real homefield advantage. Really just that simple in my view.

Exactly..I don't see any issue at all. I enjoy the challenge of playing on the road and quieting the crowd and get momentum on my side.

I do think it's unrealistic in los angeles shouldn't have it, it should be the away team lol.

Don't kill me charger and rams fans... I'm from LA but it is what it is
Old 08-22-2023, 09:05 PM   #431
Rookie

Xcfisme's Arena

For those that use Placement passing, what are your go-to settings? Because currently I am struggling in the passing game this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2023, 09:11 PM   #432
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalone83
Exactly..I don't see any issue at all. I enjoy the challenge of playing on the road and quieting the crowd and get momentum on my side.

I do think it's unrealistic in los angeles shouldn't have it, it should be the away team lol.

Don't kill me charger and rams fans... I'm from LA but it is what it is

Doesn’t bother me especially from people who’ve never been to a game there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »