Home

canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

This is a discussion on canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

The 1st post of the thread has been updated with version 1.1 of the sliders. After getting used to the game some more and getting so many games under my belt, some slight adjustments were needed. Most changes were made to make the defense for both the User and CPU a bit stronger as I felt the game was still slightly too offensive oriented.

As always, we all play differently. These sliders are just a base for anyone to work off of. You likely will need to tweak some values slightly to have them playing appropriately given the way you play the game. I'm willing to help anyone that feels they like the sliders but feels they may need some personal tweaks for them.

If I post newer versions of the sliders I will continue to leave all older versions in the main post underneath some spoilers in case anyone tries the new ones and doesn't like how they played compared to an older set. I don't really see myself changing these too much moving forward if any at all. There really isn't much room to move too many of the more important sliders like Run Blocking cannot be lowered beyond 0. The pass coverage sliders are near maxed out, so we just have to deal with the shortcoming in the secondary play that EA has given us. If I lower QB Accuracy or Pass Blocking anymore for the User then it becomes a bit too gamey and loses the authentic challenge I am going for.

I won't hold my breath, but I would absolutely love for EA to take a bit of time to really have some programmers dig into the sliders and make them all much more responsive and make each end of the spectrum the true extreme. 0 Run Blocking should not be needed to get a halfway decent and balanced run game. 0 should mean my OL loses every single time and I get tackled for a loss 99% of the time. 100 should mean they never get shed and I have holes wide enough to drive the team bus through. Give us those extremes and make all values between 0 and 100 responsive and different and we'd be able to really craft up some good sliders to really get the game playing even better. Unfortunately, I think EA could not care any less about how any of the sliders in their game work.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 06:18 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The 1st post of the thread has been updated with version 1.1 of the sliders. After getting used to the game some more and getting so many games under my belt, some slight adjustments were needed. Most changes were made to make the defense for both the User and CPU a bit stronger as I felt the game was still slightly too offensive oriented.

As always, we all play differently. These sliders are just a base for anyone to work off of. You likely will need to tweak some values slightly to have them playing appropriately given the way you play the game. I'm willing to help anyone that feels they like the sliders but feels they may need some personal tweaks for them.

If I post newer versions of the sliders I will continue to leave all older versions in the main post underneath some spoilers in case anyone tries the new ones and doesn't like how they played compared to an older set. I don't really see myself changing these too much moving forward if any at all. There really isn't much room to move too many of the more important sliders like Run Blocking cannot be lowered beyond 0. The pass coverage sliders are near maxed out, so we just have to deal with the shortcoming in the secondary play that EA has given us. If I lower QB Accuracy or Pass Blocking anymore for the User then it becomes a bit too gamey and loses the authentic challenge I am going for.

I won't hold my breath, but I would absolutely love for EA to take a bit of time to really have some programmers dig into the sliders and make them all much more responsive and make each end of the spectrum the true extreme. 0 Run Blocking should not be needed to get a halfway decent and balanced run game. 0 should mean my OL loses every single time and I get tackled for a loss 99% of the time. 100 should mean they never get shed and I have holes wide enough to drive the team bus through. Give us those extremes and make all values between 0 and 100 responsive and different and we'd be able to really craft up some good sliders to really get the game playing even better. Unfortunately, I think EA could not care any less about how any of the sliders in their game work.
Thank you for the hard work put into the sliders still so crazy to me that we gotta just deal with mediocre football because EA doesn’t care …
Old 08-30-2023, 10:17 PM   #43
Rookie

Run blocking is a disaster love this game but i cant get anywhere downgrading the user run game i am at 0 run block all madden lowered all my offensive lineman run blocking 30-45 clicks in 4-5 separate categories and i see a difference but not much so im not even sure what to do anyone with any ideas please let me know???

I am literally still able to run for 100 a half with a destroyed ratings offensive line it makes no sense at this point i guess i may have to edit rb traits instead???

Last edited by jcern2323; 08-30-2023 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:57 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
Run blocking is a disaster love this game but i cant get anywhere downgrading the user run game i am at 0 run block all madden lowered all my offensive lineman run blocking 30-45 clicks in 4-5 separate categories and i see a difference but not much so im not even sure what to do anyone with any ideas please let me know???

I am literally still able to run for 100 a half with a destroyed ratings offensive line it makes no sense at this point i guess i may have to edit rb traits instead???
That's EA football for you. Have to realize what run plays are busted and avoid calling them so often. For example, any offset shotgun formation HB dive is basically guaranteed to get 5+ yards a carry simply because of the OL animations on the play. I avoid calling that multiple times a game simply because of that.

― Plato
Old 08-31-2023, 06:04 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That's EA football for you. Have to realize what run plays are busted and avoid calling them so often. For example, any offset shotgun formation HB dive is basically guaranteed to get 5+ yards a carry simply because of the OL animations on the play. I avoid calling that multiple times a game simply because of that.
Thanks Cane I eliminated all the shotgun run plays and lowered fumble slider to 45 and now im only averaging 2-4 yds per carry i may even have to go back to 1 for run block cuz the X factor for dlineman is dominant at 0 but at least i can play now and have a much more realistic game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 10:40 PM   #46
Rookie

Literally averaging 2-3 yards a carry at 1 run block 45 fumbles i did face two good run defense teams but thankful the user run game can be fixed by us instead of ea cuz who knows when they patch or if they even consider i may have to actually up run block! Thanks to you OP for shedding light on the elimination of the shotgun runs it is so key to making running realistic

Last edited by jcern2323; 09-01-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:23 PM   #47
Rookie

Zilla_zb's Arena

these are pretty damn good
Old 09-01-2023, 07:50 PM   #48
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Gonna try these but I do know CPU qbs will hot route this year.

From the gameplay Gridiron Notes

Adaptive AI Additions:*‘Alert’ Logic. This is a new concept where if the CPU has a run play called, but the defense has the box loaded, the AI might audible to a Pass in appropriate game scenarios. They may also change to a pass play against a Weak Box.

For players who like to repeatedly call the same play type, you'll see the AI audible against Zone, or Hot Route vs. Man Coverage.

I see this pretty often myself.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »