Home

canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

This is a discussion on canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2023, 02:27 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

Figured I'd share the set I am rolling with this year. My ultimate goal when creating sliders is to generate a challenging experience that also plays out authentically and gives realistic and believable stats at the end of the day. Some years EA makes that a challenge if not outright impossible. So far, this year with Madden 24 I am having some good games right now, so I felt like sharing the sliders I've been rolling with.

These sliders, like all other sets, are not for everyone. If they don't play out in a fun manner for you, that's alright. There are other sets out there that I know will play well for many. There are many talented slider creators on this board.

Now, I wanted to lay out the way I play the game so you can feel free to play in a similar manner or not. Just take into account where our playstyles may differ and how that may impact certain factors in the gameplay.

First, I play no switch on defense. I control whoever the highest rated player on defense is and user them the entire game. The reason I do this is to make the higher rated players feel more impactful and it allows my 10 other teammates on the game to matter, so building a skilled defense as a GM matters more, imo.

Second, I do not do anything the CPU cannot do preplay. So I don't hot route, send players in motion voluntarily, etc. I audible, flip plays, and ID the Mike. That's it. While I love all the tools EA has given us, I do not like the fact that the CPU cannot use most of the tools, so I do all I can to remove any possible advantage I can have over the CPU do to limitations in the game itself.

Third, I only call plays on one side of the ball. What this means is if I am playing as a defensive head coach, then I call the defensive plays however I see fit, but on offense I use the Ask Coach or whatever it's called nowadays to pick my plays. I'll scroll through the suggested plays, but that's it. I don't seek out specific formations and call plays on offense like I do on defense. And, obviously, if I am using an offensive head coach then I do the inverse.

Fourth, I basically super sim all special teams plays. This is for multiple reasons. One, I as a user will likely never miss any easier FG's with how easy kicking is in the game. Two, blocks are basically non-existent again, but they do happen when super simming. Three, the CPU is in love with the idea of punting the ball straight out of bounds for 21 yards. The only times I might play a 4th down out are when it's the game trying to kick some 60+ yard FG. I will manually punt it myself, or field their missed FG and try to get a touchback if possible to simulate them having punted. Also, sometimes the game will say the CPU picked a FG or Punt Formation on a 4th and short situation, but then the super sim plays out a normal play, so when I have a gut feeling that may happen, I just field the punt or watch their FG attempt to ensure that doesn't happen.

Now with that said, here are the sliders.

V 1.0

Spoiler

V 1.1

Spoiler

V 1.2

Spoiler

V Comp 1.0

Spoiler

V Comp 1.1

Spoiler

V Comp 1.2

Game Options
All-Madden
Comp
8 minute quarters
Accelerated Clock On - 20 Seconds
Ball Hawk Off
Heat Seeker Off
Injuries: 42 (really is user preference here)
Fatigue: 100 (comp has a reduced fatigue rate, so a higher value is needed)
Player Speed Parity Scaled: 100

Penalties - We are still testing if these do have any impact on the gameplay.
Offsides 99
False Start 0
Holding 0
Facemask 99
Block in the Back 70
Roughing the Passer 0
Def PI 0

All others except for OPI and KCI are set to Off

Player/CPU Skill
QB Accuracy: 26/10
Pass Blocking: 8/26
WR Catching : 43/44

Run Blocking: 0/99
Ball Security: 12/20

Reaction Time: 80/100
Interceptions: 16/11
Pass Coverage: 65/100

Tackling: 56/72

Special Teams - I do often sim these like I have said before, but sometimes I feel like not doing it for presentation purposes, so I have tested some values out to get a better experience here.

All default 50 except...

FG Accuracy 36
Punt Accuracy 90(any help the CPU can get pin pointing their coffin corner attempts is needed)

The tweaks in this set are:

Lowered Quarter Length to 8 minutes to get the total plays per game in line with simulated stats
Boosts to User/CPU Pass Accuracy, User/CPU Ball Security, CPU Tackling
Nerfs to User/CPU WR Catching
All the penalty slider changes to test their impact

The WR Catching nerfs were to increase more knockouts and open field drops. The catch rates for all WR's were way too high, this change was needed. The boosts to accuracy were in response to these WR catching drops, but they aren't strong enough to where it just offsets the changes. Overall, the net decrease to catching outweighs the increase to Accuracy leading to a buff to defensive play while also removing the wildly inaccurate passes that were occurring too often.

The Boosts to Ball Security are because 1) fumbles from QB's were way too frequent, and 2) a response to the boost tp CPU tackling to try and help their Run Defense. Again, this change has an overall boost to defensive play, but the ball security boosts were needed to keep fumble rates at a more realistic rate.

We're nearing the end of the first full season with penalty adjustments, so I will have numbers soon to see if they do actually impact the gameplay or not. I've had more defensive games this season than before, and that may be due to the penalty slider adjustments, but I cannot say for certain yet as I haven't ran the numbers. Neither user has had the scenario luck that they had last year were by season's end the entire team had morale boosts through the roof, so that is also likely at play, plus anyone worth anything on my offense has either been injured for the season or missed half of it, so my offensive play has been putrid at times. Still, we're remaining an open book and will let the numbers do the talking.

If they say the penalty slider changes have led to more realistic yards per play outputs, then we'll have to believe that they might just impact gameplay somewhat. Or, it's a major coincidence this season with a 36-game sample size. Regardless, we'll continue to run with the penalty changes in future seasons, so we'll only continue to gather data that will hopefully help us see for sure if they do or not.

Hope you guys enjoy the tweaks.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 01-29-2024 at 10:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 12:15 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Re: canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

Nice game vs the Seahawks. My defense had a shaky first drive before taking over for much of the game. My offense was inconsistent in the first half, but the running attack in the 2nd half was just strong enough to grind out some drives and kill the clock.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-23-2023 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

these are very good, really good "NFL" feel to them... not sure why no one else is commenting on these?

inj a little crazy but I get it... do you work with Matt 10? I think he mentioned you on his thread?

anyway, thank you for posting these!
Old 08-22-2023, 08:38 AM   #4
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane1515
these are very good, really good "NFL" feel to them... not sure why no one else is commenting on these?

inj a little crazy but I get it... do you work with Matt 10? I think he mentioned you on his thread?

anyway, thank you for posting these!
I’ve noticed people tend to go for the big name slider sets here and ignore new slider sets. His gameplay looked great so I will be trying these today or tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

All-Madden sets don't get as much traction and there are some really good slider creators on here that have built up their reputations for a reason.

I do not work with Matt10. Someone he works with may have a similar name. I hope you guys enjoy the set or at least can use them to work off of and make tweaks of your own. We don't all play the same, so there's not 1 single set out there can satisfy everyone, but if only a few people are able to benefit from me sharing my set, then that's good with me.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2023, 12:20 PM   #6
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

These are great. Pretty close to what I have been using. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:34 PM   #7
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

I can’t stop the cpu run game. I give up a lot of big runs. Anyone have any advice to stop the run?
Old 08-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I can’t stop the cpu run game. I give up a lot of big runs. Anyone have any advice to stop the run?
Washington is my team, so the bulk of my games have been played with them, so I typically have the advantage at the LOS in terms of ratings with that DL they have which means it's usually a little easier for me to stop the run. However, I would say play the numbers game. You may have to give up a little something in the passing game to stop the run, but that's football.

If they are in 11 personnel, maybe you need to go to a base formation(4-3,3-4) to have the size and numbers advantage in the box. If you don't want to leave your nickel formation, then pick something that either is a 1-high look like a cover 1 or cover 3 so that you rotate a safety into the box, or pick something like a cover 4 that has the safeties stepping up to help with the run quicker.

Obviously, if you're desperate you can run blitz and hope it pays off. That can lead to a big play if you don't hit the right gaps. My go to move to counter the run when I am getting torn up is to go with a base defense and rely more on zone defenses, a lot of cover 3 looks, honestly. This allows me to have my front 7 in the box along with a safety rotating down near the box. 8 hats in the box should contain a running game a bit better unless it's just one of those days. If you're doing this, you'll be more prone to getting beaten through the air, but like I said, that's football, and there's a reason the best offenses can run when they need to and can pass when they need to. That's the ultimate balance all teams wish they had, but not many actually do.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »