Home

canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

This is a discussion on canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2023, 01:32 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald7865
So it makes defense a little more realistic? I've been having a lot of trouble this year with it just being an absolute shoot out no matter what I do. My last game ended up 60-44 and it just feels like who ever gets the least blown coverages sometimes lol
Yes. By default the speed differential between players in game is exaggerated because of the inaccurate views of the casual NFL fan on player speed. Many fans think that a guy running a 4.7 is 3 miles behind a guy running a 4.3 when in reality only a stride or two at most is what separates those two players. A 95 threshold makes it so a player like Tyreke Hill is realistically faster than most other players instead of being comically faster like it is on lower threshold values.

By making all of the players move more accurately it leads to better defense as it helps with things like pursuit angles, it allows CB's to stick with WR's in and out of cuts better, plus it allows for LB's to get from sideline to sideline better so they have an actual chance at playing outside contain on run plays. When you play on the default 50 threshold you will notice most LB's have zero chance at keeping up with any RB laterally which is far from how real life works.

― Plato
Old 08-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

There's also a misconception with how the slider works. Some people believe a 95 threshold means that all players are bumped up to playing like they have 95 speed. That's not how it works. All it does it change the size of difference each each speed value. No matter what threshold you use an 80 speed player will always be faster than a 70 speed player. The threshold just dictates how much faster they are.

At 95 if you get the right situation with your speedier players you can still house it and not have to worry that Suh is going to chase down your skill player from behind.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 08-29-2023, 10:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
There's also a misconception with how the slider works. Some people believe a 95 threshold means that all players are bumped up to playing like they have 95 speed. That's not how it works. All it does it change the size of difference each each speed value. No matter what threshold you use an 80 speed player will always be faster than a 70 speed player. The threshold just dictates how much faster they are.

At 95 if you get the right situation with your speedier players you can still house it and not have to worry that Suh is going to chase down your skill player from behind.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m moving it to 95 and seeing what happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2023, 10:27 PM   #36
Rookie

So 95 parity will help with user run blocking? Cuz even at zero run block there are way too many games where running is way too easy.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:56 PM   #37
Banned

These are really close to being awesome. I’m having major issues with user zone coverage, it is abysmal. Also can’t get to 50% completions but I like a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2023, 11:00 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
So 95 parity will help with user run blocking? Cuz even at zero run block there are way too many games where running is way too easy.
It helps with run defense by allowing the defense to react to the run quicker and close gaps quicker in a more realistic fashion. It's not the cure-all, though. The issue with the running game is the OL gets too good of a push no matter what way too often leading to the running game still being too easy half the time on All Madden with 0 or 1 Run Blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtomhere
These are really close to being awesome. I’m having major issues with user zone coverage, it is abysmal. Also can’t get to 50% completions but I like a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What issues are you having with the zones? Part of it is likely due to the way the game is built. Secondary play overall is poor and it can't be fixed completely with any sliders until EA pretty much spends an entire cycle redoing it all which is hopefully what they will do for 25.

― Plato
Old 08-30-2023, 07:04 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald7865
So it makes defense a little more realistic? I've been having a lot of trouble this year with it just being an absolute shoot out no matter what I do. My last game ended up 60-44 and it just feels like who ever gets the least blown coverages sometimes lol

This right here!! This is what I want to change. I usually play All Madden default bc I hate the idea of changing the way the game is programmed with sliders but this year is so offensive it’s ridiculous. Maybe I will tweak the speed parity to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2023, 07:51 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It helps with run defense by allowing the defense to react to the run quicker and close gaps quicker in a more realistic fashion. It's not the cure-all, though. The issue with the running game is the OL gets too good of a push no matter what way too often leading to the running game still being too easy half the time on All Madden with 0 or 1 Run Blocking.

What issues are you having with the zones? Part of it is likely due to the way the game is built. Secondary play overall is poor and it can't be fixed completely with any sliders until EA pretty much spends an entire cycle redoing it all which is hopefully what they will do for 25.
Ok i gotcha i agree biggest issue is the oline so maybe run blocking is best left at default and edit some offensive lineman i may just do that thanks man!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »