Home

Auto Subs not working

This is a discussion on Auto Subs not working within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2023, 05:33 PM   #49
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Auto Subs not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Pollard isn't a "Power Back" but the Cowboys don't really have a "Power Back" right now so Pollard is their all-purpose RB; you could use Dowdle I guess but certainly not Deuce.

My point being that your depth chart setup sounds like it's doing the heavy lifting, which is fine - I feel like formation subs and depth charts are more effective and consistent than autosubs, and if you're worried about fatigue, you can lower it to a more reasonable number.

There will be teams you play that don't have a backup who's good enough to be the 3DRB or Power RB. Do they rotate? Cincinatti may be a good example.
In my franchise I have Ronald Jones as my PB and 3rd Down guy. Dowdle backs him up. I don't like using formation subs in the coach settings as those guys don't sub out and end up being exhausted if you stay in that formation too long particularly on defense like the DL. I have a special play for Turpin. He is the only guy I set that for. I just have reiterate that the auto subs work for me. My WR4 gets in a lot even though I mostly use 3 WR sets. My TEs rotate heavily as well as all 3 levels of the defense. I don't know what else to say.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 09-08-2023, 07:11 PM   #50
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
In my franchise I have Ronald Jones as my PB and 3rd Down guy. Dowdle backs him up. I don't like using formation subs in the coach settings as those guys don't sub out and end up being exhausted if you stay in that formation too long particularly on defense like the DL. I have a special play for Turpin. He is the only guy I set that for. I just have reiterate that the auto subs work for me. My WR4 gets in a lot even though I mostly use 3 WR sets. My TEs rotate heavily as well as all 3 levels of the defense. I don't know what else to say.

I finished the first half of that game. I did see the backup RBs get 1 carry each. So they kind of work. CPU just doesn't really run the ball. Not sure how to fix that, but that's another story (and more important than auto subs I guess).

Old 09-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #51
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I finished the first half of that game. I did see the backup RBs get 1 carry each. So they kind of work. CPU just doesn't really run the ball. Not sure how to fix that, but that's another story (and more important than auto subs I guess).
That's progress. Lol.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2023, 11:51 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyjones20
I am getting rotations without players disappearing. I have progressive fatigue on. The key for me is to manage practice reps. If starters are set to full pads every week,
they will disappear over the course of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
@cowboyjones, my testing was done with play now
Old 09-12-2023, 08:37 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
For me, I have auto subs working at 89/92 with 90 fatigue. On offense I only set RB , WR and TE on defense its all positions. Additionally I set the alternate positions within the depth chart for 3rd down RB and power RB with my backups and use those plays as a way to get my starter some rest. I don't mean the formation subs because I think players get stuck in those positions and get exhausted. So I stay away from the actual option of formation subs in the coaching section. On defense I set all those positions at 89/92. I think a big factor is how you set your normal depth chart and the alternate positions within the depth chart, like RLE,RRE, RDT, Sub LB sub CB. its a good way to get your backup players in the game without exhausting them in the coaching formation subs. what I've seen is if my RB or WR get a big play with lots of yardage, or fighting through tackles for yards, they will come out for a breather but they will come back in the next play if you go to a play where they are in. I never see my skill position players get fatigued in the play call menu, actually only my OL and QB as I keep those at default. IMO those positions hardly come out of the game. I use 13 min qtrs. with a 13 second rundown. I hardly snap with more than 6/7 seconds left on the play clock. I keep injuries at about 22-26 range and most of the injuries were OL or DL. I have progressive fatigue on and I practice during the week i half pads - not sure if that makes a difference. I've always been frustrated with auto subs in previous years so I'm glad this has been working for me. Additionally, I do set the auto subs for the CPU opponent I'm playing against each week and then set the toggle to auto pilot . I have seen some visual fatigue from some RBs after big plays for the CPU. I do not mess with any of the CPU depth chart.

It works for me.
Have you made it the playoffs yet? One thing I found is that when progressive fatigue is on, the cpu controlled teams do a poor job of managing their practice reps, by the time they make it to the playoffs their squad is all fatigued and doing the heavy breathing thing. And it makes it easy to beat them.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:40 PM   #54
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red467Doby
Have you made it the playoffs yet? One thing I found is that when progressive fatigue is on, the cpu controlled teams do a poor job of managing their practice reps, by the time they make it to the playoffs their squad is all fatigued and doing the heavy breathing thing. And it makes it easy to beat them.
Yes I did make it that far and yes I did see a RB with the heavy breathing after a big run although it was only RB that i picked up on doing that. I wonder if I should have set their practice along with their auto subs before I play them. I'm restarting my franchise so I will do the practice reps as well.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 09-12-2023, 08:45 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yes I did make it that far and yes I did see a RB with the heavy breathing after a big run although it was only RB that i picked up on doing that. I wonder if I should have set their practice along with their auto subs before I play them. I'm restarting my franchise so I will do the practice reps as well.

If you have progressive fatigue on it still won't matter what you do for one game. You pretty much have to keep all teams to human controlled and micro manage them each week. At least that is the only way I have found that fixes it. I like the concept but I don't think it works when they are set to CPU controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 08:47 PM   #56
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red467Doby
If you have progressive fatigue on it still won't matter what you do for one game. You pretty much have to keep all teams to human controlled and micro manage them each week. At least that is the only way I have found that fixes it. I like the concept but I don't think it works when they are set to CPU controlled.
I may have to set all the teams prior to the season as part of my setup. I do 30 team control in MLB The Show, so I'm sort of used to it.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »