Home

Auto Subs not working

This is a discussion on Auto Subs not working within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2023, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Auto Subs not working

I'm getting a rotation with HB, DT, DE, and LB using Matt10's sliders (80 fatigue) with my autosubs at 90/95 for HB and DE, 87/92 for DT, and 80/85 for LB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2023, 07:26 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
I'm getting a rotation with HB, DT, DE, and LB using Matt10's sliders (80 fatigue) with my autosubs at 90/95 for HB and DE, 87/92 for DT, and 80/85 for LB
Even with progressive fatigue off, when I set rb sub, (or any position) that high (95) the starters disappear in the second half of the game. I also see the auto subs not work at all when clearly the players are lower fatigue % than the auto sub is set to. Most noticeable is the d line not getting proper subs.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:09 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
I created coaches for every team, changed the auto subs for every position, and retired them
Nice, also I played some games with the 98/95 autosub at 90 fatigue. With about 5 minutes ;eft in the 4th my starter T. Pollard never came back in the game. This was on 9 min quarters, accel clock off. Other than that, the sub in/out worked beautifully.

Ill keep the fatigue at 90 and change sub in/out to 95/92. Ill also turn off progressive fatigue during the season so I dont have to worry adverse effects of that feature
Old 09-06-2023, 12:12 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou7
Even with progressive fatigue off, when I set rb sub, (or any position) that high (95) the starters disappear in the second half of the game. I also see the auto subs not work at all when clearly the players are lower fatigue % than the auto sub is set to. Most noticeable is the d line not getting proper subs.
Intersting, I hope thats not the case on my next test
Old 09-06-2023, 01:10 AM   #29
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

For me, I have auto subs working at 89/92 with 90 fatigue. On offense I only set RB , WR and TE on defense its all positions. Additionally I set the alternate positions within the depth chart for 3rd down RB and power RB with my backups and use those plays as a way to get my starter some rest. I don't mean the formation subs because I think players get stuck in those positions and get exhausted. So I stay away from the actual option of formation subs in the coaching section. On defense I set all those positions at 89/92. I think a big factor is how you set your normal depth chart and the alternate positions within the depth chart, like RLE,RRE, RDT, Sub LB sub CB. its a good way to get your backup players in the game without exhausting them in the coaching formation subs. what I've seen is if my RB or WR get a big play with lots of yardage, or fighting through tackles for yards, they will come out for a breather but they will come back in the next play if you go to a play where they are in. I never see my skill position players get fatigued in the play call menu, actually only my OL and QB as I keep those at default. IMO those positions hardly come out of the game. I use 13 min qtrs. with a 13 second rundown. I hardly snap with more than 6/7 seconds left on the play clock. I keep injuries at about 22-26 range and most of the injuries were OL or DL. I have progressive fatigue on and I practice during the week i half pads - not sure if that makes a difference. I've always been frustrated with auto subs in previous years so I'm glad this has been working for me. Additionally, I do set the auto subs for the CPU opponent I'm playing against each week and then set the toggle to auto pilot . I have seen some visual fatigue from some RBs after big plays for the CPU. I do not mess with any of the CPU depth chart.

It works for me.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr

Last edited by The Gamer; 09-06-2023 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 01:19 AM   #30
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
For me, I have auto subs working at 89/92 with 90 fatigue. On offense I only set RB and WR, on defense its all positions. Additionally I set the alternate positions within the depth chart for 3rd down RB and power RB with my backups and use those plays as a way to get my starter some rest. I don't mean the formation subs because I think players get stuck in those positions and get exhausted. So I stay away from the actual option of formation subs in the coaching section. On defense I set all those positions at 89/92. I think a big factor is how you set your normal depth chart and the alternate positions within the depth chart, like RLE,RRE, RDT, Sub LB sub CB. its a good way to get your backup players in the game without exhausting them in the coaching formation subs. what I've seen is if my RB or WR get a big play with lots of yardage, or fighting through tackles for yards, they will come out for a breather but they will come back in the next play if you go to a play where they are in. I never see my skill position players get fatigued in the play call menu, actually only my OL and QB as I keep those at default. IMO those positions hardly come out of the game. I use 13 min qtrs. with a 13 second rundown. I hardly snap with more than 6/7 seconds left on the play clock. I keep injuries at about 22-26 range and most of the injuries were OL or DL. I have progressive fatigue on and I practice during the week i half pads - not sure if that makes a difference. I've always been frustrated with auto subs in previous years so I'm glad this has been working for me. Additionally, I do set the auto subs for the CPU opponent I'm playing against each week and then set the toggle to auto pilot . I have seen some visual fatigue from some RBs after big plays for the CPU. I do not mess with any of the CPU depth chart.

It works for me.
Accidentally quoted

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr

Last edited by The Gamer; 09-06-2023 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:22 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Nice, also I played some games with the 98/95 autosub at 90 fatigue. With about 5 minutes ;eft in the 4th my starter T. Pollard never came back in the game. This was on 9 min quarters, accel clock off. Other than that, the sub in/out worked beautifully.

Ill keep the fatigue at 90 and change sub in/out to 95/92. Ill also turn off progressive fatigue during the season so I dont have to worry adverse effects of that feature

I am getting rotations without players disappearing. I have progressive fatigue on. The key for me is to manage practice reps. If starters are set to full pads every week,
they will disappear over the course of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 09:51 AM   #32
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyjones20
I am getting rotations without players disappearing. I have progressive fatigue on. The key for me is to manage practice reps. If starters are set to full pads every week,
they will disappear over the course of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is what I found out last night and I was totally unprepared. Loved the rotation I was getting in my 2 weeks of franchise, and then I played my week 3 Thursday night game and almost all of my starters weren't playing. It caught me by surprise so I quit the game to take a second to think. Realized I simmed the practice and didn't manage rep load. I might bump the slider down for this week but I loved that this was a result of players tired on a short week... just maybe not all of my starting RB's, WR's, D line, and DB's lol
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »