Home

Minnesota Wild Franchise (NHL 22 PS4)

This is a discussion on Minnesota Wild Franchise (NHL 22 PS4) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2022, 02:30 PM   #49
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Minnesota Wild Franchise (NHL 22 PS4)

YIKES!! I was going to take Vegas in 6, but missing 3 Defenseman is going to hurt. I don't think they quite have the depth to survive.
GLES - USC

Old 08-12-2022, 02:38 PM   #50
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Really digging the Graphics how you make them?
Most of it is in GIMP. Like the TSN Trade Deadline stuff, playoff brackets and Wild game recap stuff is GIMP. I just kind of self taught myself how to use it but I just do pretty basic stuff. I think it turns it alright most of the time, glad your liking it!

The game recaps however are just google sheets, along with the stats and standings usually. Mixing them together sometimes works as well, like the ESPN website standings and stats.

I also use Autumnsouls Historical Franchise Tracker with a bunch of my own additions. Definitely recommend checking his spreadsheet out if you want a good Franchise Tracker, you'll find it on reddit. I may clean up my own tracker and release it myself for people to use somewhere down the road. If anyone has interest in that let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
YIKES!! I was going to take Vegas in 6, but missing 3 Defenseman is going to hurt. I don't think they quite have the depth to survive.
McNabb could be back for Game 1 but likely Game 2. But with him in the lineup their defense still looks like this:

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Hague - Danil Miromanov
McNabb - Ben Hutton
Scratched: Urho Vaakanainen

Missing two top four defenseman really hurts them. Hague has really stepped up and is having a breakout playoffs so far so that helps somewhat. Still having Ben Hutton in the lineup is not what you want, they're gonna be praying that Martinez returns ASAP

Last edited by JurassicPuck; 08-12-2022 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #51
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

May 2nd, 2023
COLORADO- The President Trophy winning Avalanche show their prowess in game one as they shut out the Wild while scoring four goals of their own. It was a one sided affair for all sixty minutes as Colorado dominated for majority of the game. Captain Nathan MacKinnon was a one man wrecking crew, scoring a Hat Trick of goals and winning first star of the game honors. The Wild really just had no match for him and failed to slow him down in this one.

Two key components of this game stand out for the Wild and it's their lack of physicality and discipline. The Avs heavily out favoured Minnesota in hits and you could see it on the ice that they were hesitant at some points to get physical. Head Coach Alex Belak will certainly be stressing the importance of getting more physical in Game 2.

Allowing 2 goals on 3 power play chances was a dagger in the back to the Wild and it should show them that they will need to stay out of the box in this series or else Colorado's powerplay will bleed them dry. Staying disciplined will be key for the Minneosta team if they want to win this series.

Around the League

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #52
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

May 4th, 2023
COLORADO- It was a stunning ending in Colorado as the Avalanche overcame a 6 to 4 deficit with just two minutes remaining in the third period to come back and win in the game in overtime

After the Wild ripped three unanswered past Francouz it looked like this one was over. But then the unthinkable happened

Andre Burakovsky sniped a half clapper with 44 seconds left, just past the glove of Tarasov as Francouz was heading to the bench for the extra attacker. Surely the Wild could not blow this lead with under 45 seconds left to go. But alas, with their goalie pulled Nazem Kadri tied the game at 6 with just 15 seconds left to go in a net front scramble that somehow found the London native's stick. Ball Arena went absolutely ballistic. Wild Coach Alex Belak meanwhile was seen throwing his clipboard in disgust, smashing it into a handful of pieces. This one was headed to overtime.

Not long into the 4th period, 2013 1st round pick Curtis Lazar would find himself in the slot and bury a cross ice feed from Artturi Lehkonen. Once seen on the replay it was clear to see that rookie Marco Rossi had lost his man Lazar, leading to the game winner.

The Austrian said the following in the post game presser.

"When your put out there in a spot like Overtime you need to play defense good and stay on your man. I didn't do that and it cost us game. I need to be better"

However Head Coach Belak would back up Rossi during his time talking to the media after the game:

"We didn't lose this game because of him (Rossi) not picking up his man. We lost this game because we got too comfortable against a team you can't get comfortable against no matter how big of a lead. I'd put Ross' out there in that situation eleven times out of ten. It's the fact we put ourselves into this situation is what frustrates us."

Absolute madness in the Mile High City, the Wild will head back to Minnesota down 0-2 in the series.

Around the League

Old 10-11-2022, 07:23 PM   #53
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

May 6th, 2023
MINNESOTA- And just like that the Minnesota Wild find themselves down 3 games to zero against the juggernaut Colorado Avalanche. After the 14 goal game two nights ago this one was a battle in net between Vezina Trophy candidate Pavel Francouz and three time Cup Champion Marc-Andre Fleury. Fleury would head into the net for Game three in hopes of giving the team a boost after two straight losses but to no avail. Despite a great effort from the veteran the team could not score more than a goal on Francouz who was spectacular, making 36 saves on the night.

Valeri Nichushkin returned for his first game in this series from his pulled groin. Both teams were poor on the Powerplay with Minnesota going 0-for-3 and Colorado going an unimpressive 0-for-5. The Wild will face elimination for the first time this Playoffs while the Avs will look to advance to the Conference Finals.

Around the League

Old 10-11-2022, 11:21 PM   #54
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

May 8th, 2023
MINNESOTA- Finally the Wild have found a way to beat the Avalanche and it was in convincing fashion, throwing almost 50 shots on net to Colorado's 22. Penalty trouble plagued the Avs in this one as they took 15:00 minutes in penalties. Minnesota would only capitalize on one of the six opportunities but playing so much of the game shorthanded makes it difficult to come out as the winner.

Matt Boldy had a pair of goals in this one while Zuccarello was able to add a goal of his own along with an apple. Rantanen continues to have a stellar series despite the loss as he matches Zucc with a sweet backhand goal and an assist.

The series heads back to Ball Arena for what could be the decisive game between these two teams

Around the League

Old 10-11-2022, 11:32 PM   #55
Rookie

JurassicPuck's Arena

May 10th, 2023
COLORADO- Your Minnesota Wild have been knocked out of the 2023 NHL Playoffs after the Avalanche ran through their team in 5 games. The Wild were just heavily outmatched against the star-studded roster the Colorado team boasts. Having a core of MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Landeskog and more is something every team is envious of. Despite the talent Minnesota has it just wasn't enough to compete against the best team in the regular season.

Being shutout in the final game was indicative to say the least of what the Wild would look to help this offseason. They were held to a goal or less in 3 games this series, being kept off the scoresheet completely two times. Despite having a top 5 offense in the regular season, scoring disappeared in the Playoffs which can't happen if you want to go all the way.

So while Minnesota will head home and enjoy the offseason, Colorado will move on to the Conference Finals to take on the winner of the Edmonton-Vegas Series, currently sitting as a 3-1 series lead for McDavid and the Oilers. That's right. The team that bounced the Avalanche from the playoffs in round one last season after Colorado's record breaking year will potentially face each other again, this time for a chance to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. The story writes itself people. Let's hope Edmonton can keep Vegas at bay and pull it out.

Around the League

Last edited by JurassicPuck; 10-11-2022 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2022, 12:38 AM   #56
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Great to see this back tough loss vs Colorado.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »