Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

is it also possible to share your event workbook once again without any of your season data in it?

or is it just a matter of highlighting all your data and deleting it? (dont wanna delete the formulas is all)...thanks.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemarc1
Sorry, more questions:

So when i copy the 156 players from the generator to the pre-cut leaderboard, am i just copying their names? or do i have to copy their rankings, country, teir, etc.
All good man ask away!

You should only have to copy the names. The country is a vlookup to the world golf ranking tab, so that should fill automatically. And the tiers are only used for generating the field so you don't need to copy that either.

The tiers are used to calc the scores, but they're assigned by player name so you don't need the T1 there either.

I'm still tweaking some stuff so I wouldn't say this is final quite yet. Also caught a formula error in grabbing the total number of eagles/birdies/pars for Round 4 only.

Your eagles formula should be the below formula. Then you can copy and paste formulas across to birdies, pars, bogey, doubles, triples:

=IF($V15=1,VLOOKUP($D2,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!$B:$HE,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!GL$5,FALSE),IF($V15=2,VLOOKUP($D2,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!$B:$HE,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!GS$5,FALSE),IF($V15=3,VLOOKUP($D2,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!$B:$HE,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!GZ$5,FALSE),IF($V15=4,VLOOKUP($D2,'[Hole by Hole scores.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!$B:$HE,'[Hole by Hole scores_WIP.xlsx]Round by Round Scores'!GE$5,FALSE)))))
Old 09-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
is it also possible to share your event workbook once again without any of your season data in it?

or is it just a matter of highlighting all your data and deleting it? (dont wanna delete the formulas is all)...thanks.
The event workbook or the rankings workbook? Let me do this - I'm going to zip all the files together with the couple of changes I made tonight and send clean versions in the morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
The event workbook or the rankings workbook? Let me do this - I'm going to zip all the files together with the couple of changes I made tonight and send clean versions in the morning.
thanks buddy.

im just fooling around with this, quickly, generated a 156 player feild, posted my 156 names into the pre-cut leaderboard but some of the scores that were there already are still there, some of them say N/A...and it doesn't seem like the rankings pasted with the players names. the rankings stayed the same with the players you had in there. i just think it will make a bit more sense to me with clean versions of everything..

Yes, absolutely no rush, do what you gotta do. i go back to work tomorrow but ill be sure to keep checking back.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
thanks buddy.

im just fooling around with this, quickly, generated a 156 player feild, posted my 156 names into the pre-cut leaderboard but some of the scores that were there already are still there, some of them say N/A...and it doesn't seem like the rankings pasted with the players names. the rankings stayed the same with the players you had in there. i just think it will make a bit more sense to me with clean versions of everything..

Yes, absolutely no rush, do what you gotta do. i go back to work tomorrow but ill be sure to keep checking back.
Ok yea sounds like the workbooks got unlinked which I thought might happen. I can either send instructions on how to link them or have to put all the tabs into one workbook. I’ll figure out what’s easier and reupload everything. Luckily I have two events down so I’ve been tweaking stuff as I go.

Everything’s working in my version now so it’s just a matter of cleaning out the data and uploading it in a way that all the formulas between different workbooks will work as intended.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #54
Rookie

I'll have new versions posted today with updated instructions, including how to link your workbooks together.

I've made some updates to what I sent out earlier so the newest version should be used. Right now I'm working on writing a macro to make getting the golfer's scores easier.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #55
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
Unfortunately Country Club of Jackson is borderline unplayable. Some of the pin locations are soooooo bad.

What are you guys planning to do about courses not in the game or a situation where the course is so bad its not even worth playing?

I guess there's two options - either skip the event and sim it as a week off, or substitute in another course.
There are several real courses that I'll be substituting in similar courses for, as as close to similar as possible, or even reimagining where else that event might move to that already has a real course in the game someone has published.

My approach is also to not play every event, especially those I wouldn't qualify for, as my "golfer" is still slowly climbing the ranks.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-09-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #56
Rookie

The updated files and updated instructions are attached here. Let me know if you see any issues or have questions. HOpefully this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip All Files - Season Simulator.zip (1.66 MB, 43 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »