Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemarc1
This is what i see in the hole by hole tab when i highlight the sheet.

Everything else has been working this time around!
Ok yea couple things - I think your text just needs to be changed to a different color - but I'll give a couple ideas/things to try.

1. What are you filtered on in column B? After you generate scores for round, that column will give you their position on the leaderboard in column B. Once you generate the scores, then filter out the blanks (if you want, you don't have to but it will remove the players with no scores). Looks like you still have some in there.
2. Have you accidentally "sorted" anything here? (that will cause issues with the formulas)
3. Go up to the top while you have all the round 1 scores highlighted and click on "Home" to go to the formatting options and make the text black. Its white so you can kind of unveil the final round scores if you go, hole by hole, to see each hole where you stand against someone. For example, i was 2 shots behind DJ going into the last round of my tournament and I made his scores black one by one as I played to see where I stood.

(screenshot attached)
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (45.0 KB, 69 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

So i am getting this to finally work, thanks.

I still think there may be an issue with the hole by hole...

After the score on the 18th which is correct, the total column seems to always be doubled.

For example Rory McIlroy was +2 after round one. That's what showed in the 18th hole column in hole by hole, thats what showed his score in round by round..but when i made his final score black after round 1 in hole by hole it showed +4. Same with Justin Thomas..who was -2 after 1 round. That was his score on the 18th hole in hole by hole, thats what round by round showed, but when i made his final black after round 1, it was -4.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #67
Rookie

Ok i think I see what happened there. Its fine in my workbook, so I think I know what you might have done.

So on your screenshot, we'll use Rory as the example. Did you copy and paste anything into cell U309? It looks like you may have copied the formula from the cell at the left. In cell U309, your formula should be =T309

That sohuld fix it. And copy that down for the whole column
Old 09-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #68
Rookie

Sorry to be such a pain, but can you explain the cut process a bit more?

what is the point of having a post-cut and pre-cut leaderboard? Am i pasting everyone into the rankings data after round 2, or just those that didn't make the cut? I'm just pasting their names, points, and then the victories-average columns?

and then i'm doing the same thing after round 4? what's the reasoning behind doing it twice? thanks again.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #69
Rookie

Looks like you may have copied that formula all the over a couple more columns too. The formulas are different for round 1 and round 2, so you’re going to throw off the calculations by doing that.

To fix it, you can highlight and entire row that hasn’t been edited And then paste it into Rory’s row. Just copy and paste (as in not paste values, you want the formulas)
Old 09-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
Ok i think I see what happened there. Its fine in my workbook, so I think I know what you might have done.

So on your screenshot, we'll use Rory as the example. Did you copy and paste anything into cell U309? It looks like you may have copied the formula from the cell at the left. In cell U309, your formula should be =T309

That sohuld fix it. And copy that down for the whole column
Gotcha. I may have dragged that formula over thinking i was dragging the black background over from the other cell...what's the best way to drag the black background all around?
Old 09-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Gotcha. I may have dragged that formula over thinking i was dragging the black background over from the other cell...what's the best way to drag the black background all around?
You can use the format painter. Its in the home tab and looks like a paintbrush. If you double click the format painter, it will "lock" as on. If you single click and just click one cell, it will turn off after it copies the format to that one cell. Hope that makes sense. Screenshot shows where it is.

Quote:

what is the point of having a post-cut and pre-cut leaderboard? Am i pasting everyone into the rankings data after round 2, or just those that didn't make the cut? I'm just pasting their names, points, and then the victories-average columns?

and then i'm doing the same thing after round 4? what's the reasoning behind doing it twice? thanks again.

So I'm going to write a macro to do that for you in the next day or two. Just didn't have time for it today.

But basically, there's more than one way to do it. I figured this way (removing them) was the easiest because you don't need to go in and start editing formulas.

The reason behind this:

Say you just finished round 2 and your total score is +1 and the cut was +2. You are in 65th place and Rory is in 66th place at +2 and missed the cut.

But then in round 3, you shoot +4 to make your total score +5. You're now going to show as being behind Rory, even though he missed the cut.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (10.3 KB, 70 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:

Forgot to answer the other parts of your question.

After round 2 do only the cut players. You want to paste all the relevant columns (paste values) in the rankings data tab. And you'll want to add a 1 for all these guys in the "missed cuts" column. The macro I'm going to write will do all this for you.

And then you're going to do it again after round 4 for all the players that made the cut. Make sure you're filling in the victory and top 10 columns. And then mark a zero for missed cuts for these guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »