Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemarc1
This is great. Would love a way to simulate hole by hole results (at least for the top 10 or so at the top of the leaderboard)..while also making it realistic by using the tiered system the OP created.

If you can pass along what you have or what you do..that would be great.

Also interested in the way you randomize who plays in a tournament. Also one other question (I’m terrible with excel)...but can a column be added in the events sheet that shows the Current ranking of each player next to their teir?
I'll figure out a way to share it soon. I'm still working on the overall workbook so its not quite ready yet. But I do have hole by hole scoring now and the ability to make it harder/easier. I incorporated OP's tiered scoring system somewhat, but had to re-work it a bit to get the hole-by-hole details. It still might need some tweaking to get the type of scores you're looking for.

Another thing I've added is totals for eagles, birdies, pars, etc. These can all be tracked throughout the season and within each tournament.

In response to your question, I can definitely figure out a way to get the players' current ranking into the leaderboard.

A couple other things I'm working on:
- Adding another tab in case you want to actually see the scores hole by hole as you play. This could be good for round 4 if you're in the final pairing. I'm going to make the text all white on this tab and you can highlight a hole and make it black to see the result for each hole as you go.
- Adding the stats to the event leaderboard
- Re-working the standings/rankings file a bit to incorporate all the above changes. Also going to make it formula based so you don't need to do anything except paste in the tournament results. It will also keep a record of each tournament's leaderboard if you want to go back and look at a prior week's event
- Event/field randomizer: Right now I have two different versions - one fully random, and the other is what I'd call a "strong field event" with 17 of 20 from T1, 25 of 30 from T2, etc. I want to add something where you can input how many guys you want from each tier and it will give you a random list. This is a little tricky to actually put into practice because of the potential duplicate issue, but I think I've got it figured out
- Cleaning up the difficulty modifiers. This way you can mark certain holes as easier/more difficult than others prior to the start of the tournament

THe biggest thing you'll need to manually do for hole-by-hole scoring is go through and input the scorecard from the course (just need the hole # and par). If you're familiar with the course, you can set your hole difficulty prior to the tournament. Another option would be playing a round and trying to figure out which holes you thought were harder or easier than others (such as marking a short or drive-able par 4 as easy to produce more birdies).

One last thing I'll mention. Unfortunately I had to remove the flags. They were causing problems for me, so any files I share will not have the country flags for each player. I'm going to add a column for country but instead of a flag its just going to say USA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 08:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
I'll figure out a way to share it soon. I'm still working on the overall workbook so its not quite ready yet. But I do have hole by hole scoring now and the ability to make it harder/easier. I incorporated OP's tiered scoring system somewhat, but had to re-work it a bit to get the hole-by-hole details. It still might need some tweaking to get the type of scores you're looking for.

Another thing I've added is totals for eagles, birdies, pars, etc. These can all be tracked throughout the season and within each tournament.

In response to your question, I can definitely figure out a way to get the players' current ranking into the leaderboard.

A couple other things I'm working on:
- Adding another tab in case you want to actually see the scores hole by hole as you play. This could be good for round 4 if you're in the final pairing. I'm going to make the text all white on this tab and you can highlight a hole and make it black to see the result for each hole as you go.
- Adding the stats to the event leaderboard
- Re-working the standings/rankings file a bit to incorporate all the above changes. Also going to make it formula based so you don't need to do anything except paste in the tournament results. It will also keep a record of each tournament's leaderboard if you want to go back and look at a prior week's event
- Event/field randomizer: Right now I have two different versions - one fully random, and the other is what I'd call a "strong field event" with 17 of 20 from T1, 25 of 30 from T2, etc. I want to add something where you can input how many guys you want from each tier and it will give you a random list. This is a little tricky to actually put into practice because of the potential duplicate issue, but I think I've got it figured out
- Cleaning up the difficulty modifiers. This way you can mark certain holes as easier/more difficult than others prior to the start of the tournament

THe biggest thing you'll need to manually do for hole-by-hole scoring is go through and input the scorecard from the course (just need the hole # and par). If you're familiar with the course, you can set your hole difficulty prior to the tournament. Another option would be playing a round and trying to figure out which holes you thought were harder or easier than others (such as marking a short or drive-able par 4 as easy to produce more birdies).

One last thing I'll mention. Unfortunately I had to remove the flags. They were causing problems for me, so any files I share will not have the country flags for each player. I'm going to add a column for country but instead of a flag its just going to say USA.
Man, this all sounds amazing. Thanks to both for giving time and effort to this. I love the gameplay and presentation of this game, but I am solely an offline career type player and am very disappointed at the lack of options and customization to this years mode.

I'm not great at Excel, but am familiar with it and I do typically make relatively simple spreadsheets for franchise modes in other sports games so if I can help please let me know.

Pumped to try this out!
Cheers!
Old 09-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #27
Rookie

The Field Generator and Rankings file is ready to share. Hopefully the below link works, let me know if you have trouble accessing the file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bhxkog3am...ator.xlsx?dl=0

Quick instructions for this file are below and the field generator instructions are within the document. Working on wrapping up the Scores Generator and Leaderboard so hopefully can share those later today. Also note this file has one event's worth of data in it. You can delete that if you want.

1. Rankings and Field Generator
a. Initial Setup
i. To start, you will need to add yourself to a few places in this workbook.
1. ‘Rankings HIDDEN’ tab – Cell D301
2. ‘Player Database’ tab – Cell C301
ii. After adding yourself to the database, you can hide the ‘Rankings HIDDEN’ tab. You will not need to view this again. This tab is being used to compile data and can run in the background.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #28
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Excellent thread gentlemen, I appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #29
Rookie

What is the "rankings data" tab on the spreadsheet?

I deleted everything in that sheet and the rankings sheet updated...

What would i have to do with that sheet when im doing a tournament?

thanks
Old 09-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #30
Rookie

And im just fooling around with the field generator and not sure im doing it correctly.

I put 3 in the T1 tab (meaning i only want 3 T1 players, correct?) but every time it spit out Rahm, Justin Thomas and Dustin Johnson (the top 3 players).

It appears whatever number you put it for a Teir, it only takes up to that ranking in the tier. So if i put 12 in T1...it ALWAYS just puts 1-12 in the field.

Last edited by mikemarc1; 09-08-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemarc1
What is the "rankings data" tab on the spreadsheet?

I deleted everything in that sheet and the rankings sheet updated...

What would i have to do with that sheet when im doing a tournament?

thanks
Sorry, must have forgotten to delete out my data. That is where you're going to paste in the individual tournament stats. I'm working on a full set of instructions, so I'll share that soon.

Responding to your other question on the generator - you are completely right. That's soemthing I didn't even notice it was doing. Its a product of the Rank.Eq function I have in there. Let me see if I can re-work it a bit...

What its doing is ranking the values it spits out - so if only four values come out, its going to rank them 1-4 and give that as your result. Ugh just when I thought I had it sorted out..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #32
Rookie

Yah it was spitting out the same 3 but just in a different Order each time.

Appreciate ya!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »