Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2020, 03:53 PM   #17
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

I removed 'E' showing for a score of 0 from the 1.1 version. Next update will consist of reworking the score generator to make sure tiers are scoring as they should. My concern right now is that Tier 1 is not performing as well as they should. I've made adjustments, just need to play/sim a several tournaments to see if it has helped.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is so awesome. I downloaded everything and started playing around with the spreadsheets. One of the things I need to do is make the simulated scores a bit higher, since I'm pretty much in the range of -3 to +2 when I play. But I can tweak that until I get something that works for me.

Another thing I did was to add a tab to the Rankings file to generate a random field. This is good for the tournaments where the top players usually don't even bother playing. It gives me a random list of 156 players and then I can paste them into the event file.

Let me know if that's something that would interest you and I can share the formulas and what I did. The formula is a bit complicated because of the need to avoid duplicates, but I've got it working pretty well right now.

For the WGCs and Majors, I can make my field without the randomizer since the top guys will typically all play in those tournaments. Another thing I did was to add another tab to the Event file for Invitational type tournaments. The FedEx Cup scoring is the same but these events will only have 120 players.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #19
Rookie

One more thing I forgot to mention. I also added some formulas to help calculate the FedEx Cup points (this helps with the ties so you don't need to do it manually).

I can tell you how I did that step by step:
1. Copy and paste the fedex cup points from Column F into column R over on the right. This will be your "standard" points without ties.
2. In Column S, row 2, add this formula: =COUNTIF($E:$E,E2) and drag it down. This will count how many people are tied at each position.
3. Now back in column F you're going to have a formula to calculate the FedEx Cup points. In Cell F2 put this formula: =IF(S2=1,R2,SUMIF($E:$E,E2,$R:$R)/S2) and drag that down.

There you go! Should be all set. You'll just want to do your "sort" on column R at the end of the tournament instead of column F. What I'm referring to here is the sort function when you're telling excel not to expand the selection. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions for me on that
Old 09-06-2020, 04:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemarc1
This is great. Thanks for this.

I have a question that may take this to a crazier level...but would it be possible to generate scores hole-by-hole rather than round by round?
I believe there is something out there that does this, something that was connected with Links 2003.

Pardon if this has been posted elsewhere,

https://www.linkscorner.org/phpBB/vi....php?f=14&t=91
Old 09-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBer
I believe there is something out there that does this, something that was connected with Links 2003.

Pardon if this has been posted elsewhere,

https://www.linkscorner.org/phpBB/vi....php?f=14&t=91
Wow this is really impressive. I was trying to dig through the macros to figure out how the hole by hole scores are being calculated but couldn't really figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
Wow this is really impressive. I was trying to dig through the macros to figure out how the hole by hole scores are being calculated but couldn't really figure it out.
I've got this thing figured out down to the bones. I'm making what I guess you'd call a merged version of the two workbooks.

I'm tweaking that really old one you sent the link for and making it out so the hole-by-hole scores will pop out and work with Krebstar's files. I'm pretty damn good with excel - its literally my job - so as I'm going through I'm also trying to find places I can make this easier and remove some of the manual copying and pasting.

Not sure the best way to share and who/if anyone's interested, but reply here and let me know!

(just a disclaimer - by no means am I going to try and pass anything I do here off as my own. Hope it didn't come off that way. I'm just trying to improve upon this awesome thing you created. Let's work together and make this thing even better!)
Old 09-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #23
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

Quote:

(just a disclaimer - by no means am I going to try and pass anything I do here off as my own. Hope it didn't come off that way. I'm just trying to improve upon this awesome thing you created. Let's work together and make this thing even better!)

Keep going! I’m an Excel novice, and always hoped this thing could get bigger and better through collaboration, and have more automation.

I’m currently playing through the official career just to grab quick XP, but the more I play through it the more I know I’d much rather run my own manually. Players I want, courses I want, etc.

As for the random field generator, I think that would be good to include for those who want to use it. My approach in the last game and for what I figured I’d do going forward is to put all tier 1-2 players in certain events, and for certain events only use 4-5 etc. Basically, manually random in a way, but that’s why I have those event rankings to note what kind of field I should build.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-07-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've got this thing figured out down to the bones. I'm making what I guess you'd call a merged version of the two workbooks.

I'm tweaking that really old one you sent the link for and making it out so the hole-by-hole scores will pop out and work with Krebstar's files. I'm pretty damn good with excel - its literally my job - so as I'm going through I'm also trying to find places I can make this easier and remove some of the manual copying and pasting.

Not sure the best way to share and who/if anyone's interested, but reply here and let me know!

This is great. Would love a way to simulate hole by hole results (at least for the top 10 or so at the top of the leaderboard)..while also making it realistic by using the tiered system the OP created.

If you can pass along what you have or what you do..that would be great.

Also interested in the way you randomize who plays in a tournament. Also one other question (I’m terrible with excel)...but can a column be added in the events sheet that shows the Current ranking of each player next to their teir?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »