Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 01:22 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
Can't cancel the pre order because it was already downloaded. Oh well. $90 ain't that much. Sigh.
Is this PS5/Sony?

If so, did you call them cancel the preorder or just use the online assitant?

I've been able to cancel pre-orders that were downloaded but not played yet but had to call customer service and talk to a live person to do so.

Hope it works out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Just got this response back from someone on another forum, when I asked about the online requirement for the game:

"Yes, you need to be logged in to an EA account to get anything other than "Quick Play". Took me a while to sort that part out as my EA account was linked to an old e-mail address, so I eventually unlinked that old one from my Xbox account and re-did it. After that, everything appeared - Career mode, setting up your golfer, etc."
Ya I had to mess with this too, I'm playing career mode, I'm 3 rounds in and about to hang it up. I still can't figure out how to switch from Tour to Sim but it's not going to matter with how disconnected the swing is from the controller.

But gosh it sure is pretty. I'm stuck with it so hopefully patches and stuff will sync the controller to the swing tempo, if not, this will never get played again.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:27 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
So yea, I’m still going to enjoy this game. I think everyone should give the vibration off a try. There’s no setting in game, only in the ps5 systems. Swing is still slow but much much more fluid and no distractions. Shot even at whistling straights and +5 at pebble on tour with my created golfer on tour difficulty no spin or power boosts.
Definitely better if you turn off vibration completely in the PS5 settings. If they can patch this and get the swing to be faster and more in sync with the stick, no long delay before it starts the backswing, and basically the club moves in sync with the stick, this might have a chance.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:29 PM   #68
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
For all my career mode guys… unfortunately majors do not rotate which is extremely dissapointing considering the courses they chose for this game. I really hope they patch that in because its needed bad for the replay ability aspect of the game
Seriously? Well then what was the point of having courses like Kiawah, Chambers Bay, etc. in there?

That will probably get changed when the 2023 majors are added, but that is egregiously bad on launch. And if they don’t add those courses into the rotation when it is added then that’s a huge disappointment.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 04-03-2023, 01:31 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Is this PS5/Sony?

If so, did you call them cancel the preorder or just use the online assitant?

I've been able to cancel pre-orders that were downloaded but not played yet but had to call customer service and talk to a live person to do so.

Hope it works out.
Thanks much for that! I'm looking for the number now. Definitely want to cancel if I can, and maybe come back to it if it gets patched down the line for a lot less than $90.

I don't really care about the money, but if I can cancel it I will. Otherwise it's $90 worth of game that's never going to get touched, as it plays now.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:32 PM   #70
MVP

Wait ..

So did EA Play folks get to play the game before even those who did a Deluxe Pre-Order?

(getting that sense reading Steam comments)
Old 04-03-2023, 01:36 PM   #71
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Wait ..

So did EA Play folks get to play the game before even those who did a Deluxe Pre-Order?

(getting that sense reading Steam comments)
YES they did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
Thanks much for that! I'm looking for the number now. Definitely want to cancel if I can, and maybe come back to it if it gets patched down the line for a lot less than $90.

I don't really care about the money, but if I can cancel it I will. Otherwise it's $90 worth of game that's never going to get touched, as it plays now.

1-800-345-7669

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »