Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 12:16 PM   #33
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataranto2
Graphics are incredible, the flyover shots before each hole are absolutely jaw dropping. Commentary and presentation are fantastic as well.

I’m really confused about the impressions on difficultly being too easy, I’m a pretty solid player on 2k, I’ll usually shoot -5 to -10 a round, and I’m really struggling to hit fairways and greens on simulation difficulty right now. I shot +6 at Augusta and +1 at Pebble. If my swing path is off on the swing stick, I’m paying for it. If my down swing is fast, I’m paying for it. This applies to the putting as well. Not really sure how every one is chipping in and holing out every single shot clearly that’s not on simulation difficulty..
I don't have the game and won't for a while, so I can't comment on how it plays or anything.

But to me, personally, shooting +1 or +6 on the hardest difficulty on Day 1 seems very low - I'd expect higher scores than that.

I remember playing Tiger Woods 14 on "sim" settings and shooting around 100 at Sawgrass on release day.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:18 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I don't have the game and won't for a while, so I can't comment on how it plays or anything.

But to me, personally, shooting +1 or +6 on the hardest difficulty on Day 1 seems very low - I'd expect higher scores than that.

I remember playing Tiger Woods 14 on "sim" settings and shooting around 100 at Sawgrass on release day.
I shot +7 with Brooks at ANGC and +6 with Scottie at Torrey Pines on both front 9’s.

Going to dig into career mode with my CAP shortly.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:22 PM   #35
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m gonna wait until Friday to get my hands on the game - don’t have a PS5 or Series X yet so I was hoping my PC could handle it until I get one. Hopefully it’s less buggy than people are saying when the full game is out.

Apex released an 18-hole playthrough of Augusta on harder settings though not the hardest still. In it he mentioned 60 FPS on consoles is planned post-launch?
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 12:24 PM   #36
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe I'm to picky i dunno.. Everything feels like slow motion and no control over anything.

NO CONTROL over anything is best way to say how i feel about the game. The game feels unresponsive, slow and feels more like a point and click adventure game.

I feel ZERO immersion when swinging the club , especially on shorter shots. Will not be buying sadly. Had high hopes for this game.

Sorry if my feedback offends anyone but its my honest impressions
Old 04-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #37
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Courses look...amazing. Presentation is off the charts.

Here's a video of ApexHound playing a round at ANGC as Jason Day. Playing with custom settings, basically tour settings with swing set to hard, and putting to normal.

Tournament course conditions.

https://youtu.be/cAwE1G10cBI

Crowds look unbelievable. Jason Day looks...interesting.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-03-2023 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #38
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

Sure, but it’s not like the mechanics in this game are different from golf games of the past 15 years, so anyone who’s been playing for that long would still be able to shoot somewhat of a competitive score on day one. I was using Spieth and Scheffler on both of those over par rounds as well so I’m sure once I use my created player it’s gonna get even more challenging
Old 04-03-2023, 12:31 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
Maybe I'm to picky i dunno.. Everything feels like slow motion and no control over anything.

NO CONTROL over anything is best way to say how i feel about the game. The game feels unresponsive, slow and feels more like a point and click adventure game.

I feel ZERO immersion when swinging the club , especially on shorter shots. Will not be buying sadly. Had high hopes for this game.

Sorry if my feedback offends anyone but its my honest impressions
This is exactly right. There's no feeling of having anything really to do with shooting other than flicking the stick. I know it's early but this is the kind of stuff that's not likely to change much. You just walk up and shoot. There's no feel to it.

I'm going to cancel my pre order if it's not too late. It shows up in Transactions on the playstation site, but it no longer says cancel. Does anyone know if they kept the pre order cut off date for 2 weeks ago before they delayed 2 weeks? If so, and there's now no way to cancel even though early access isn't until tomorrow, that would really suck.

I'm so bummed. 2 years of waiting for this, reading every post or mention that I could find on it, and at least as it stands right now, a complete flop.

I like the look. I like the sound of the ball in the cup coming from the controller. I like the commentary and presentation.

But I can't find one single thing I like about swinging the club or playing the game. Like you said, it's like a point and click adventure game that just walks you through the "story".

(*!&)!!!!!
Old 04-03-2023, 12:32 PM   #40
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataranto2
Sure, but it’s not like the mechanics in this game are different from golf games of the past 15 years, so anyone who’s been playing for that long would still be able to shoot somewhat of a competitive score on day one. I was using Spieth and Scheffler on both of those over par rounds as well so I’m sure once I use my created player it’s gonna get even more challenging
All fair points...like I said, it's just a personal feeling.

My round of 25-30 over par in TW 14 was with the GOAT Tiger Woods...haha! Sim in TW 14 had no green grid, no scout cam, diagonal swing, etc. It was a real challenge and required A LOT of practice to get good at it.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-03-2023 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »