Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 12:33 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions

I'm very impressed. Graphics on the pc are outstanding, and it runs very well. I don't need a perfect representation of golf like some on here, so I am very happy with it so far. I find it to be challenging enough for my skill set. Don't listen to the people who say it's on the arcade side, that's b.s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #42
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m not going to make any hard judgements since I don’t have the game to play right now, but yeah the swing just looks too slow from the streams and vids I’ve watched. I would recommend anyone try out the fast (how many tempo settings beyond normal do they have?) swing tempo on a created golfer and see how that plays, I’m probably going to go straight to that when I pick up the game. Regardless though that’ll be disappointing to be stuck on that slow speed for the pros, I wonder if they have a global setting for swing tempo and if not, why not provide it? Surely they couldn’t have looked at these swings in production and thought they weren’t slow.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 04-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #43
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Just watching videos and streams....man, this game looks so, so, so good.

I'm usually not a huge "visuals-being-important" guy, but wow I am jealous that the courses in the golf series I can play on PS4 do NOT look like this!
Old 04-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1
I would recommend anyone try out the fast (how many tempo settings beyond normal do they have?) swing tempo on a created golfer and see how that plays, I’m probably going to go straight to that when I pick up the game.
I changed it from normal to fast (that's the only level you can go up), and it appears to not change the actual speed of the swing, but reduces the percentage of "fast" in the feedback meter. So it's almost like an aid...I always tend to swing too fast, which is why I constantly draw or hook in 2k because of the tempo feature. In this one, switching from normal swing speed to fast just compensates for how fast you normally swing, and reduces the percentage that you're swinging too fast.

That said, I haven't noticed any punishment or outcome difference if I swing 1.2% fast verses 3.4% too fast. The ball is just going almost dead straight no matter how wobbly my swing path feedback is, or if I'm perfect, a little fast, or very fast. I still can't figure out how to change the difficulty from Tour to Sim, so hopefully there's more to it on the harder level. I can't find how to switch?

But damn does it look good.

Last edited by golfnut67; 04-03-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:49 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have Series X and preordered the Deluxe Edition but have no access. Is it just PC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 12:50 PM   #46
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
I changed it from normal to fast (that's the only level you can go up), and it appears to not change the actual speed of the swing, but reduces the percentage of "fast" in the feedback meter. So it's almost like an aid...I always tend to swing too fast, which is why I constantly draw or hook in 2k because of the tempo feature. In this one, switching from normal swing speed to fast just compensates for how fast you normally swing, and reduces the percentage that you're swinging too fast.

That said, I haven't noticed any punishment or outcome difference if I swing 1.2% fast verses 3.4% too fast. The ball is just going almost dead straight no matter how wobbly my swing path feedback is, or if I'm perfect, a little fast, or very fast.

But damn does it look good.
Really? That’s a shame… I was hoping that swing tempo would be there to give us an option with a faster swing. I can deal with the slower swing personally, but it’s not realistic that’s for sure.

And yeah this game looks phenomenal.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 04-03-2023, 12:51 PM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
I have Series X and preordered the Deluxe Edition but have no access. Is it just PC?

Preorder isn’t available until tonight at midnight.

Have to have EA Play to have access today.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:54 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Pre-orders unlock at midnight. EA Play subscribers get a 10 hour trial as of today

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »