Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 01:54 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've experienced this.

Just try calling back in like 10-15 minutes. I believe if the wait time is past a certain timeframe, they revert to this message.

As for the midnight launch, just don't open and play it. So long as you have not played it, you should be able to get a refund.

Hell my son accidentally downloaded NBA 2k23 because his friend told him it was a demo and played for an hour and I was able to get a refund.
Appreciate that info, thanks. Again I'm not worried about $90 but if I can cancel I will. I'll keep trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 01:54 PM   #82
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1
Yeah, if that’s the reason then that’s not a good excuse to me. Surely it’s not that hard in coding to just turn it on for 2 majors and not for the Open? And then turn it on for the Open when Royal Liverpool is added? They already would have to make sure the Masters has no rotation.
Oh, definitely agree. Especially since TW 14 launched with rotating majors for the PGA, US Open, and Open Championship. And even Rory had it added in. So they know how to do it.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Oh, definitely agree. Especially since TW 14 launched with rotating majors for the PGA, US Open, and Open Championship. And even Rory had it added in. So they know how to do it.
The content GOAT
Old 04-03-2023, 02:04 PM   #84
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
1st impression on a 4080 PC.

Game looks incredible.

I see what others are saying about how everything feels slow. It really does feel like everything is very methodical. I dunno. This just really feels diffet3nt than any other golf game I played so I want to chalk this up to getting used to something new.

The create a golfer options are brutal. Why EA games has against deep player customization I'll never know. Non AAA titles have more options and are better than this. In an individual game like golf I want someone who looks exactly like me.

Also, what's the frame pacing like? Any bad frame spikes-stuttering?
2nd impression on Steam Deck.

Had to turn everything to low and all bells and whistles off. Frame rate to 30.

Plays decently smooth. Graphics are still ok on a small screen.

Crashes galore however. Haven't been able to complete a round.
Just curious how many frames you're getting on a 4080 uncapped and maxed settings and 4K?

Also, what's the frame pacing like? Any bad frame spikes-stuttering? Sorry, I won't be able to test until later. I am downloading it on my Steam Deck right now.

Thanks

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-03-2023, 02:07 PM   #85
MVP

"Floaty feeling" is a good description of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2023, 02:13 PM   #86
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Frickin' criminal level polices and nonsense from Sony with that

Just another reason these companies probably all pump everything and show nothing and try to get preorders

It's a way to basically steal money from folks by not allowing cancellation on a pre-order (even if you haven't played it! -- just "downloaded it")

To me, it shouldn't be legal to not offer a demo and/or refunds within a couple hours of game time.
Especially considering my PS5 downloaded the game on it's own without me even prompting it to. It was just there already downloaded when I jumped on my PS5 yesterday.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:13 PM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi

"Floaty feeling" is a good description of it
A perfect one.

Floating, disconnected. Slow motion. Not in sync.

It really is a massive disappointment but many of us could see how slow the swing looked in the trailers, and now playing it, you add in the major aspect of the lag delay at the beginning, the super slow backswing, and especially how the movement of the stick doesn't feel connected to the club at all.

Sorry, done whining. I hope they fix it and I get some fun out of it. I've shut it down. I hope many of you get hours of enjoyment from it!
Old 04-03-2023, 02:15 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
A perfect one.

Floating, disconnected. Slow motion. Not in sync.

It really is a massive disappointment but many of us could see how slow the swing looked in the trailers, and now playing it, you add in the major aspect of the lag delay at the beginning, the super slow backswing, and especially how the movement of the stick doesn't feel connected to the club at all.

Sorry, done whining. I hope they fix it and I get some fun out of it. I've shut it down. I hope many of you get hours of enjoyment from it!
From my experience with the game so far -- every concern we had from what we saw in trailers and leaked footage (and what we specifically weren't shown) has been validated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »