Home

Old 07-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #41
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Cord cutting

I'm having similar issues with my antenna. All I could get as far as local is ABC.. And it randomly picks up 10+ channels in like Korean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I am picking this up one after work- ($10 cheaper than the Leaf I got)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Winegard-...00H/203972854#

Those on Reddit in those sub-reddits about cord cutting and antennas seem to favor the Winegard more than the Mohu leafs.

I'll mess with both and see which works best and take the other one back, or both if need be.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #43
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Where do you place yours?

I live a tad bit higher up in elevation and lots of trees? However, I checked TV Fool, and it says that I should be able to pick up the local channels.

I, like you, would love to have those and compliment with a Sling or Vue.

I'm back in school, and NFL ST is offered at a discount for those with school e-mails, so I have that covered.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Someone on Reddit told me the Leaf is really bad at VHF channels and that is what my local CBS is. He gave me alternate HDTV antennas. two being Winegard models for about the same price I paid for Leaf. I dunno too much!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah I was going to say it was a VHF/UHF issue most likely. Either the signal is blocked or the antenna isn't great. If the towers are in the same area, then that is the issue.

A stronger one or one with an amp will probably work unless there is something blocking the VHF signal between you and the tower.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Where do you place yours?

I live a tad bit higher up in elevation and lots of trees? However, I checked TV Fool, and it says that I should be able to pick up the local channels.

I, like you, would love to have those and compliment with a Sling or Vue.

I'm back in school, and NFL ST is offered at a discount for those with school e-mails, so I have that covered.
I didn't mess with it too much last night, it was late when I started hooking it up.

I was able to get great picture for ABC/NBC/FOX with it laying flat on entertainment center and when I held it up above the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Yeah I was going to say it was a VHF/UHF issue most likely. Either the signal is blocked or the antenna isn't great. If the towers are in the same area, then that is the issue.

A stronger one or one with an amp will probably work unless there is something blocking the VHF signal between you and the tower.
I'll mess with the Leaf 30 and the Winegard Flatwave and hopefully I can get one to work. If not, I may try one with a stronger radius like Leaf 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Plugged in the Leaf today and got it set and I get like 20 channels and all the locals came in. Tried the Winegard as well and got the same channels, picture looked clearer with the Leaf though. Not sure what was different today compared to the other day, but all is well now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #47
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I ended up keeping TWC. I went to cancel the tv and keep the internet, but the internet itself would have been $120/mo without a tv package. That would have taken me up to about $170 or so with taxes for inferior tv.

I was paying $180 or so for Internet and tv, but I asked if they had any deals I could get into and they offered me a deal with 50mbps internet, top tv package, and phone for $137 for a year. So I had to take that deal.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I ended up keeping TWC. I went to cancel the tv and keep the internet, but the internet itself would have been $120/mo without a tv package. That would have taken me up to about $170 or so with taxes for inferior tv.

I was paying $180 or so for Internet and tv, but I asked if they had any deals I could get into and they offered me a deal with 50mbps internet, top tv package, and phone for $137 for a year. So I had to take that deal.
Holy ****! I'm glad I got out of there a few years back. I remember TV and internet being a bit pricy when I lived in NE Ohio, but I don't think I paid more than $130 for both. I pay like half that here for a 100 Mbps connection. $120 for anything less than speed I could never need in my lifetime is way overpriced!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »