Home

Old 03-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cord cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I only have gotten close when i was downloading a lot of games digitally (reloading a new xbox), I think I'm 100GB or something, maybe 200GB on Premier. It's been fine so far.

I've always had luck in Cox cutting the price when I make sure to call, they'll get me down enough to where the ease of use for my wife is worth a little more. It's a tough call though, I see Tivo Roamio DVRS with lifetime service go on sale regularly and that'd help for normal channels. Add on their other boxes, or just stream in other rooms, etc.

What sealed it for me a year ago or so was hearing how the services have hiccups often (even recently, tech bloggers were complaining about being unable to watch Walking Dead when it came back on Sling)...I know that'll get better over time, but sticking with what i had made more sense.

Plus our tv is always on with kids shows during the day....if we both worked and wasn't on during the day that'd really make it more tempting
I hear you on that and I think it's gotten better. I trialed Sling a year or two ago and it was awful. PS Vue has been flawless so far though.

The whole profiles thing is cool too; does Cox Contour have that?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Well ****. I cancelled directv because I'm extremely satisfied with PS Vue just after a few hours of using it. I pay $100/mo for Cox ultimate internet. And now I see they're offering a bundle of that internet, cable with hbo and showtime for 2 years, and a phone (we need a landline anyway with spotty cell reception) all for $130/month. May have to consider this now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ps vue is awesome.

doesn't your cable provider offer a cheaper internet?? Like 20 mbps for $29.99 a month? or something like that??

I will never go back to directtv. ps vue saves me so much money.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
ps vue is awesome.

doesn't your cable provider offer a cheaper internet?? Like 20 mbps for $29.99 a month? or something like that??

I will never go back to directtv. ps vue saves me so much money.

Yeah they have cheaper internet but I'm not downgrading. I don't mind paying the $99 because I've never had an issue with streaming anything, plus working from home for the past 3 years I needed it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Just got the DirecTV NOW trial and it's very underwhelming. No DVR, only one local channel for me, no individual profiles, weak layout. It does have east coast feed though so I can watch WWE Raw live rather than after it's over already. Probably won't subscribe to this though,PS Vue blows it out of the water

Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #77
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm a big fan of the PS Vue as well. I've had it for about a month now and aside from one or two sporadic outages, it works very well. The menus are very intuitive and I really like the included DVR feature. Being able to save up a bunch of movies to "my shows" means I never go through periods where there's nothing good on TV. As a Chicago-area native, it's also cool that I get CSN Chicago (Bulls games and Cubs games) whereas that wasn't available where I live with cable. It's also nice to not need to sort through all the bloat of channels I never watch like with cable.

The only channels I miss from my old cable package are Comedy Central and MLB Network. MLB-N isn't a must for me since I get MLBTV, but hopefully they add Comedy Central to the $34.99 package at some point.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm a big fan of the PS Vue as well. I've had it for about a month now and aside from one or two sporadic outages, it works very well. The menus are very intuitive and I really like the included DVR feature. Being able to save up a bunch of movies to "my shows" means I never go through periods where there's nothing good on TV. As a Chicago-area native, it's also cool that I get CSN Chicago (Bulls games and Cubs games) whereas that wasn't available where I live with cable. It's also nice to not need to sort through all the bloat of channels I never watch like with cable.

The only channels I miss from my old cable package are Comedy Central and MLB Network. MLB-N isn't a must for me since I get MLBTV, but hopefully they add Comedy Central to the $34.99 package at some point.
I saw over on Reddit that MLB Network showed up on someone's guide today. It was by mistake I believe but apparently it's coming to PS Vue soon.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #79
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I doubt Comedy Central comes back. It was on there before, but Viacom ended their deal with PS Vue

Watch me play video games
Old 03-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #80
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I doubt Comedy Central comes back. It was on there before, but Viacom ended their deal with PS Vue

Viacom has already said they are focusing on cable providers and not streaming providers so I wouldn't expect it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »