Home

Old 07-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #49
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Cord cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Holy ****! I'm glad I got out of there a few years back. I remember TV and internet being a bit pricy when I lived in NE Ohio, but I don't think I paid more than $130 for both. I pay like half that here for a 100 Mbps connection. $120 for anything less than speed I could never need in my lifetime is way overpriced!
Yeah, I was floored when they told me the price. And that's for 50mbps. I would have been an idiot to accept that. If that's the price, then basically I'm getting the top TV package and phone for $17.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Got everything set up and good to go. My next month bill with Dish is only $7 bucks. So once that month ends, I'll call, pay the cancellation fee and be on my way. Unless they offer me something crazy to stay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2016, 12:42 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Got everything set up and good to go. My next month bill with Dish is only $7 bucks. So once that month ends, I'll call, pay the cancellation fee and be on my way. Unless they offer me something crazy to stay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
They have some new package coming out, doesn't have espn/disney, but supposed to allow you to add what you want to it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #52
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm was paying $180 a month for 45 mbps and cable with ATT to paying $70 for 250 mbps with xfinity and $45 PS Vue.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #53
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Yeah, I was floored when they told me the price. And that's for 50mbps. I would have been an idiot to accept that. If that's the price, then basically I'm getting the top TV package and phone for $17.
Yeah that's outrageous. I'm paying $80 for 150 mbps right now and I thought that was steep.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #54
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

If anyone is looking for a longer range antenna that you can hide in your attic or maybe in a closet, I've had very good success with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=operasport-20

I tried a Mohu Leaf 50 before purchasing the one above and the Mohu was much more dependent on a clear LOS (could only consistently pick up channels with it in a window). This one can get a signal through a wall without a problem and according to TV Fool, I am a bit over 40 miles away from each of the big 4 networks in Orlando. I think it helps that they are relatively in the same direction because I don't seem to be able to pull in any Tampa channels (not a big deal to me), which are all in the opposite direction the antenna is currently pointed. Having the antenna hidden in my attic, I will be able to tie into my coax wiring in place and feed the entire house once I get fiber installed and cancel my cable service.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I've used PSVUE quite a bit now and I haven't had any issues. It has ran great for me. I also have had zero issues with local channels once antenna went up. I haven't watched many local channels since I put it up, so hopefully everything will continue to be clear. Only reasons I want local is for football.

Pretty excited to get rid of DISH.

Last edited by Brandwin; 08-02-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #56
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I ended up keeping TWC. I went to cancel the tv and keep the internet, but the internet itself would have been $120/mo without a tv package. That would have taken me up to about $170 or so with taxes for inferior tv.

I was paying $180 or so for Internet and tv, but I asked if they had any deals I could get into and they offered me a deal with 50mbps internet, top tv package, and phone for $137 for a year. So I had to take that deal.
Yeah, I got my bill under 120, and doing math it wouldn't have saved me much at this point. Having our DVR and Red Zone (have to pay, I know) is worth it with twins coming and we'll not be going out much this fall.

Glad Dookie could get an antenna working better though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »