Home

What change are needed for new patch

This is a discussion on What change are needed for new patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2023, 02:45 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What change are needed for new patch

Why was Action Avenue removed
Old 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiqueros
Why was Action Avenue removed
They do seem to have an active policy on removing things.

Perhaps it was bugged? A pity as I believe it's not even used in career mode.

I eagerly awaited the download of the first patch (takes ages for my connection), but what we got was... well, nothing.

Camera is indeed bugged. It switches to reverse view and the visual horizontal cues for reversals are therefore reversed, which means I need to follow the arrows. I imagine I'd just panic. Inputs need to be so quick that I'd make a lot of errors.

Last edited by Blackman316; 11-07-2023 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
I think EA made a secret change cause some of the stamina problems has improved, and mike tyson got a unique side step animation.
And with stamina problems you mean... too much penalties? Because I've heard that people thing the taxing is much too little. But unless you want to spend r5 as a zombie, which is very boring, I'd not improve taxing too much. Weird how they didn't notify players in the patch notes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2023, 10:25 AM   #36
Rookie

Make the paid for DLC work would be a great one to add to the list....
Old 11-13-2023, 05:38 PM   #37
MVP

Trillz's Arena

It still feels like fighters throw at full speed on low short term stamina.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:04 PM   #38
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
He clearly stated that it is not as simple as copy-pasting from one game to another but why represent people's statements authentically when you can lie and whine under the pretense of being critical instead?

---

Anyway, it was my birthday so my local community decided to get me the game so I have played it now.

Relatively simple changes

1. Add an option to toggle multiple modes (i.e. competitive and simulation while excluding other options like stand and bang) in quickmatches. These toggle exist for other variables like divisions so it should be fine(?)

2. Buffing old legends. This is a bit inconsistent when guys like Wanderlei, Liddell, Big Nog (after years of one-man-petitioning), Anderson etc. have 4.5 star prime versions while others like Hendo, Shogun, Weidman and Faber have boomer versions with 4* stats.

3. Universal clinch input. Mapping each face button to left/right limb makes sense. However, clinch is a specific action and the other button combination is not actually used for anything so I fail to see the point.

4. If anything, triangle/circle would be a more natural input for spinning strikes than the current circle+x.

More complicated(?) changes that won't show up in the next patch

These are mainly from simulation-mode standpoint tho I imagine they may also apply to competitive.

5. Single strikes could have more power. In fact, a power jab/cross would be nice. I am mainly thinking of these within the context of catching your opponent with a jab/cross as they come forward. Maybe make it similar to the step forward straights so they cannot be combod out of?

6. Similar thing as above but for knees. Guys like Machida and Till have used knees as counters when someone comes in. UFC 4 kind of had this with the side push kick which turned into a knee if an opponent was coming forward which actually worked pretty well if timed right.

7) Long-term stamina is pretty crazy at the moment even in simulation. Short-term drain is alright.

8) This will never happen but I hate doctor stoppages and wish they were removed. At the very least they should way more infrequent. The cutscene could also be skippable.

9) Post-match hold-X to skip system could use some QOL changes. I get why it has to be held but the current waiting period could be briefly shorter. It is also jarring how many times it has to be re-pressed. A continuous skip or an additional skip-everything option would be nice.

10) Backing out of a match during roster select kicks you out all the way back to the main menu instead of e.g. online match-making menu.

11) Long-term damage adjustments. There are way too many rocks (espeically rocks) and knockdowns without a KO. The damage can even get to a point where seemingly every clean non-jab results in a rock yet KO demands a GNP finish. Stand-and-bang highlights this well. I would imagine that this needs a total finish overhaul so referee can stop in if the defender keeps getting rocked again and again but for now a lower KO threshold would help.

12) Body strikes' short-term impact is pretty low. It could have a similar mechanic where taking repeated shots in the same area (e.g. liver) has an additional damaging effect similar to the mechanics head strikes have now. Think something ala Stipe vs DC 2.

I enjoy the game itself and simulation works pretty well if you mix the martial arts. However, in stand-up focused matches the modifiers could be more punishing in terms of volume/damage. Since it is not the official ranked mode (yet? )) I hope there is some further experimentation with different sliders.
Who the fook is this guy?

Just sit down and shut up and play the game that "the community got you."

Your recommendations were crap too.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:22 AM   #39
Rookie

1. Swaying away from strikes should GREATLY reduce incoming damage. In Boxing it's called rolling with punches

Would be amazing if shoulder roll animations would be added to fighters like Bobby Green (and for the love of god update his model already) when swaying away

I thought one of the gamechangers said that they've reduced damage for swaying away from strikes but it's evident that the opposite is true.

Meaning that when you sway even by leaning back from a straight/cross/front kick to the face you're more likely to get rocked if you initiated a lean back

2. Remove front kicks to the face from 90% of the roster because at least 90% of the roster never thrown 1 in a fight. Or at the VERY least make it tax alot of damage and do little damage.

3. Bring back UFC 4's superior kicking animations for leg, body and high kick animatios for fighters with high level kicks. They are more satisfying, better technique, more impactful and realistic. Especially for fighters like Jose Aldo and Barboza, they need those stepping in leg kicks, these new ones are SO unsatisfying and way worse technique.

4. Increase footwork mobility, it felt stuck in the mud in UFC 1, 2 3 and 4 but is somehow the worst in 5. Perhaps everyone is slower than before? Not sure but it feels terrible.

5. Animations are all clunky and jittery, even worse than past games. In fact, it's the clunkiest game I've seen in all my 25 years of gaming. Please put effort into making it less terrible. It's really, really terrible and is highlighted the most in replays.

6. Make replays show the combination/technique leading to the finish, not just the final strike and a half. I've been asking for this since EA UFC 1. Look at the Undisputed games for reference on replays, and as a whole gameplay and presentation wise.

7. Game is now in 60fps yet somehow it feels 20-25fps? What the **** guys? UFC 4 feels smoother somehow
Old 11-17-2023, 04:40 PM   #40
Rookie

Latency, less lag. This game feels like it has more lag than UFC 4. Does not make since because everyone is playing on the newer consoles that allow us to play at 60fps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »