Home

What change are needed for new patch

This is a discussion on What change are needed for new patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2023, 02:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What change are needed for new patch

For career mode sparring challenges, do one of three things,

- remove challenges that require non base moveset moves. Or,

- make non base moveset moves available during sparring challenges. Or,

- make the challenges available once those moves have been aquired.

Examples, land Cruz lunging strikes, submit from top side control, land superman punches. I'm sure there are more examples, but these are the ones that i have c9me across.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:07 PM   #10
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
This is just a thread for the devs too see the most common problems for the game at the moment.

-Body shots don't do much damage or drain the stamina well

-Players are still able to do unrealistic damage with drained stamina, reduce the damage some more

-Short term stamina is still too forgiving, people can blast alot of shots even with low short term stamina, I feel strikes should slow much higher on the short term stamina bar.

-Stamina in general is still too forgiving, either body shots need too drain more stamina or missed strikes need a increase of stamina loss. There is a huge recovery of stamina after each round.

-Damage system encourages head hunting as anything else is inefficient

-Leg kicks can have a slight buff too either increase damage or slow the footwork stat of opponent by certain amount for each gradual damage of the leg, e.g. yellow -3 footwork stat, medium -5 footwork stat, Red -7 footwork stat.

-Can’t throw an overhand after two jabs, only allows for a hook to be thrown

Write down your thoughts so far!
As for stamina when playing offline pro or legendary simulation mode. I feel the stamina is perfect. This is on real time clock not accelerated clock. I may have to run some tests for accelerated clock or using competitive sliders.
But as far as simulation pro or legendary is concerned I honestly don't feel they need to change much there. When playing a full 3 round match I can barely make it to the third round without being drained.
I do agree with body shots not doing as much damage as it should but missed strikes are definitely draining stamina for me. Same thing with stamina in the ground game,the longer we are on the ground fighting for position,it seems I get drained alot easier because the minute I am able to transition to getup,I move alot slower and my strikes aren't dealing much damage anymore.

I also agree with leg kicks could use a slight buff bit only slightly. I also feel they should bring back the old striking system with how uppercuts were thrown rather than holding r1. I also would like to see more ground animations when transitioning or denying passes. the ground game still feels the same other than the new submission mechanics.
And the biggest thing I'd like to see changed in offline gameplay,would be to have less knockdowns and more flash kos or at least have it so the CPU doesn't recover as quick when being knocked down.
I'd like to see more fights go the distance to a judges decision. In real life,how often do we see fighters getting knocked down and recovering as quick as they do in the game? alot of fights end up going the distance but in this game,I am always finishing with a tko or a sub 90 percent of the time. In real life the average of fights going the distance in my opinion is 60 percent depending on the skill and weight class of the fighters.
All in all this is a solid game and has room to improve to be great. So far it's definitely my favorite UFC game I've ever played.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:53 AM   #11
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Never gonna happen...

Open up offline cafs to 100% customization.
Give us clinch grappling against the cage.
Let us change shorts colors/wear chamo trunks.

This crap of "just because it was in 3 doesn't mean it should be in 5." Uhh, yeah it should. Cage grappling us a HUGE part of the sport. It's such a joke these shotcallers are so passive about it a part of the sport that happens in 9 outta 10 fights we see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 11:58 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
Never gonna happen...

This crap of "just because it was in 3 doesn't mean it should be in 5." Uhh, yeah it should. Cage grappling us a HUGE part of the sport. It's such a joke these shotcallers are so passive about it a part of the sport that happens in 9 outta 10 fights we see.
100% agree
Old 10-31-2023, 01:44 PM   #13
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Never gonna happen...

EA took out the system in 3 too make it easier for the casual players, Some people were holding people in the clinch. But all they had too do it make some more easier ways too escape. But they changed the system too a easy one.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:57 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Never gonna happen...

He clearly stated that it is not as simple as copy-pasting from one game to another but why represent people's statements authentically when you can lie and whine under the pretense of being critical instead?

---

Anyway, it was my birthday so my local community decided to get me the game so I have played it now.

Relatively simple changes

1. Add an option to toggle multiple modes (i.e. competitive and simulation while excluding other options like stand and bang) in quickmatches. These toggle exist for other variables like divisions so it should be fine(?)

2. Buffing old legends. This is a bit inconsistent when guys like Wanderlei, Liddell, Big Nog (after years of one-man-petitioning), Anderson etc. have 4.5 star prime versions while others like Hendo, Shogun, Weidman and Faber have boomer versions with 4* stats.

3. Universal clinch input. Mapping each face button to left/right limb makes sense. However, clinch is a specific action and the other button combination is not actually used for anything so I fail to see the point.

4. If anything, triangle/circle would be a more natural input for spinning strikes than the current circle+x.

More complicated(?) changes that won't show up in the next patch

These are mainly from simulation-mode standpoint tho I imagine they may also apply to competitive.

5. Single strikes could have more power. In fact, a power jab/cross would be nice. I am mainly thinking of these within the context of catching your opponent with a jab/cross as they come forward. Maybe make it similar to the step forward straights so they cannot be combod out of?

6. Similar thing as above but for knees. Guys like Machida and Till have used knees as counters when someone comes in. UFC 4 kind of had this with the side push kick which turned into a knee if an opponent was coming forward which actually worked pretty well if timed right.

7) Long-term stamina is pretty crazy at the moment even in simulation. Short-term drain is alright.

8) This will never happen but I hate doctor stoppages and wish they were removed. At the very least they should way more infrequent. The cutscene could also be skippable.

9) Post-match hold-X to skip system could use some QOL changes. I get why it has to be held but the current waiting period could be briefly shorter. It is also jarring how many times it has to be re-pressed. A continuous skip or an additional skip-everything option would be nice.

10) Backing out of a match during roster select kicks you out all the way back to the main menu instead of e.g. online match-making menu.

11) Long-term damage adjustments. There are way too many rocks (espeically rocks) and knockdowns without a KO. The damage can even get to a point where seemingly every clean non-jab results in a rock yet KO demands a GNP finish. Stand-and-bang highlights this well. I would imagine that this needs a total finish overhaul so referee can stop in if the defender keeps getting rocked again and again but for now a lower KO threshold would help.

12) Body strikes' short-term impact is pretty low. It could have a similar mechanic where taking repeated shots in the same area (e.g. liver) has an additional damaging effect similar to the mechanics head strikes have now. Think something ala Stipe vs DC 2.

I enjoy the game itself and simulation works pretty well if you mix the martial arts. However, in stand-up focused matches the modifiers could be more punishing in terms of volume/damage. Since it is not the official ranked mode (yet? )) I hope there is some further experimentation with different sliders.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:35 PM   #15
Pro

Are you that gullible? How come the game's moves have been completely converted and look exactly the same to 100% accuracy, but somehow the clinch is impossible to convert from 3 but perfectly fine from 4?

It seems a tiny bit weird that they didn't use this opportunity to rework the animations as they supposedly had to start from scratch. Come on man...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 04:28 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Are you that gullible? How come the game's moves have been completely converted and look exactly the same to 100% accuracy, but somehow the clinch is impossible to convert from 3 but perfectly fine from 4?

It seems a tiny bit weird that they didn't use this opportunity to rework the animations as they supposedly had to start from scratch. Come on man...
He clearly stated that it is not as simple as copy-pasting from one game to another but why represent people's statements authentically when you can lie and whine under the pretense of being critical instead?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »