Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2023, 12:32 AM   #33
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

I found where you save the files and sliders, it' at before the game menu, but you have to go into the accessibility section to save it, it won't let you save it on the main screen you do this every game before you start the game, go into game settings thing, save it manually, it's the same thing they did last year, also am glad they got rid of game styles, I hated that thing so much.

the only bug I can find is in goalie instinct anticipation it won't let me sometimes make low-blocker saves, I literally have to wrestle the right analog to make low-blocker saves.

it's just a little sticky is all, I have like Xbox Series X Elite Series 2 Accessority controller.

again guys have to visit all sections of NHL 24 and like in NHL 23, each part is like a mini patch.

it was difficult in the CHL, I got buried but I figured out in the NHL game how to hug post, they took out RB it's now all analog hug post.

thank god that anticipation saves layout, cause I wouldn't know what am doing.

funny I went like 151st round and got drafted by the New York Rangers, now we talkin' men, yes goalies need to put a lot into reflex and endurance and durability, you'll need a lot endurance, oh if you wanna recover fast, goalies stand still and move slightly you'll see energy bar go up.

also stats, you run a lot, so make sure you put like 9 points in running that is your life.

yes, you have to make a random name to save the file.

also, save it each time make a change.

the overall experience is A
Goalies about A-
Offense Players A
The sounds are amazing A+
make sure to set sounds to TV speakers if have no speakers.
yes, make sure your scoreboard is calibrated.

make sure you choose your favorite team, it comes up in HUT and earlier (gamers) make sure you visit all online modes and shootouts offline and online.

to activate anticipation layout is left trigger Xbox series x

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 10-04-2023 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:08 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I thought they did say they would add the option to use NHL 23 celebration style, but can't find it anywhere now.
It’s coming with the Day 1 patch on Friday.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:12 AM   #35
Rookie

Am I the only one who hates that sound effect when you press the pass trigger for more than .1 second? Is there a way to turn it off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 02:52 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Positives:

- Feels sloppier (in a good way)
- There is better positioning by AI controlled skaters
- Board play is more fluid
- The movements are more organic
- It's a good sonic experience
- Cycling the puck feels better
- Wider variety of goals
- Shooting feels snappier
- New True Broadcast Camera
- Some good new animations

Negatives:

- Absolutely hate the new Total control scheme
- The goal celebrations get old literally immediately
- I am missing the back skate control massively (LT) - not only in D but on attack too.
- Ice looks weird on the True Broadcast camera. There is too much light reflection.
- Hitting looks overpowered
- Not a fan of the hitting animations
- The pressure system is absolutely pointless.
- Dislike the circle indicators under skaters. Feels very arcady.
- Menus are still very slow to navigate
- Why can't NHL introduce a push puck forward option for more realistic breakouts and breakaways?

Big negatives:

- It's hyper fast even on 0 speed when playing in True Broadcast camera. This is likely to be a show stopper for me.
- Playing on PS5, graphics seems to have taken a hit somehow. Resolution appears lower. I am definitely seeing less detail on players' jerseys

Like others have said, it feels like a big patch rather than a new game. EA think that they can just recycle content (like they did with EA FC24) and get away with it but people will see through it...

Last edited by iaxy; 10-04-2023 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:56 AM   #37
Rookie

Angry Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Info about the goalie equipment: new models from Bauer, True, Ccm and Brians have been added but the Vaughn V10 model that has existed since last year was not added... typical Ea!! probably it will be added when Vaughn releases his V11 gear...
Old 10-04-2023, 06:17 AM   #38
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Love coming into this thread and seeing mostly positive comments! This is by far the best NHL we got out of the box gameplay wise in years.

The pressure system works really well, not sure why some people find it pointless. I also agree with others stating that the indicator on ice is isn’t as distracting like we would of thought.

Is it perfect? Of course not, but I’m having a ton of fun playing this game so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2023, 07:30 AM   #39
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

First game, puck is loose around goalie, ends up idle (stopped) against the goal pole behind goalie. Goalie can't (or won't get it), nor any AI players, it's just sitting there glitched. Finally, I skate up and try to poke it in but it ends up on my stick back in play. AU- artificial unintelligence and Madden like. Wish I saved video.

I like the word sloppy, used by others here, to describe the initial feel of the game movement. It's a good thing. Game out of box feels a bit slower and movement has less robotic of a feeling, especially around boards. Looking forward to playing out my hours and what's coming in patch.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:31 AM   #40
Rookie

I am using skill stick control scheme.

I also have not found the magic controller combo to successfully dump the puck. A small line appears and it barely goes 5 feet.

Secondly, when trying to slap shot the puck into the offensive zone, only works part of the time. Many times it results in a push shot or half *** wrist shot. Anyone else?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »