Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2023, 08:25 PM   #17
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Just messing around in menus and such, one thing I noticed is that there aren't any slider presets? Only see NHL 24, no hardcore/arcade etc.
You are correct... But I don't see this as a bad thing as everyone seems to have their own playstyle... So far, out of the box, the game plays well and I am seeing PIM's. Just hate the controls and impatiently waiting for the Patch to patch hybrid back in...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-03-2023, 08:27 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I might’ve missed them, but I noticed no new logos or jersey templates or stadiums in create a team. Combine that with no option - at least in the trial version - for the classic controls and this is a hard pass for me. I already deleted the trial.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:44 PM   #19
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
I might’ve missed them, but I noticed no new logos or jersey templates or stadiums in create a team. Combine that with no option - at least in the trial version - for the classic controls and this is a hard pass for me. I already deleted the trial.
Classic (Hybrid) controls should be patched in soon.. Somewhere between now and Friday...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-03-2023, 08:47 PM   #20
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

After watching a period of CPUvCPU play (9 minutes, attribute effects at 10, everything else default), I think this year's game can be great with roster and slider edits.

I didn't play much last year, so this might be more pronounced of an improvement for me than others. Really happy they brought back the legacy True Broadcast camera, didn't like last year's.

I don't mind the overlays on the boards, think it's a nice touch.

Love seeing the AI take shots from the point.

Nice being able to disable most of the X-Factor stuff. I'll be very happy when the patch comes out and we can disable the flex celebrations with the weird lighting.

Pounder is great on commentary, liking her insights. Just feels like a more "complete" broadcast with her in the booth. I do wish they would adjust the commentary for the rinkside reporter i.e. instead of saying player x has big rig ability, saying player x is excellent at wreaking havoc close to the net.

Was hoping, with the attention paid to goalie fatigue in-game, that we would see some tweaking to goalie rotations in franchise mode, but not this year.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:02 PM   #21
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
After watching a period of CPUvCPU play (9 minutes, attribute effects at 10, everything else default), I think this year's game can be great with roster and slider edits.

I didn't play much last year, so this might be more pronounced of an improvement for me than others. Really happy they brought back the legacy True Broadcast camera, didn't like last year's.

Nice being able to disable most of the X-Factor stuff. I'll be very happy when the patch comes out and we can disable the flex celebrations with the weird lighting.

Pounder is great on commentary, liking her insights. Just feels like a more "complete" broadcast with her in the booth. I do wish they would adjust the commentary for the rinkside reporter i.e. instead of saying player x has big rig ability, saying player x is excellent at wreaking havoc close to the net.

Was hoping, with the attention paid to goalie fatigue in-game, that we would see some tweaking to goalie rotations in franchise mode, but not this year.
My biggest thing before deciding to purchase was if the computer shot from all over the ice so that is good to hear, Do they shoot from the point on the power play as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2023, 09:14 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
My biggest thing before deciding to purchase was if the computer shot from all over the ice so that is good to hear, Do they shoot from the point on the power play as well?
Yes they do. They still struggle a little bit to get setup, but I've seen them shoot from the point and cycle pretty well after winning faceoffs.

I'm hoping sliders can help them get setup on the power play a bit easier.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:45 PM   #23
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I just lost 6-5 on default AS, it was a fun game. With penalties on 4/4, they seems spot on.

CPU is definitely much tougher for me so far, when they get pressure, I'm having to remind myself to block the shooting lanes and get the puck out of our end so we can make line changes.

Hitting needs a slider adjustment as CPU had like 48 on me with 6 minute periods. They need to tone down the hits, as most are those highlight reel crushing type hits. (slider settings should fix this for me)

I really like the new color commentator, she does a great job.

Game is fun so far and has a much more realistic flow. Like many have said, they are finally dangerous from the point.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:57 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:

Did they confirm we can disable those awful celebrations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »