Home

Real Simulation for Modern Compact Game Fifa 22

This is a discussion on Real Simulation for Modern Compact Game Fifa 22 within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Real Simulation for Modern Compact Game Fifa 22

We're back for FIFA 22 and once again trying to develop sliders to resemble the compactness, speed and transition of a modern game. I encourage users of these sliders to contribute their findings so together we can get as close to a near-perfect realistic sim of the modern game. What I've noticed with all other sliders is that it lacks engagement with midfielders in defending, and lacks overall compactness of a modern game where the defensive line to an attacking line would be no more than 30-40m. The compactness is crucial in simulating real football. In developing these sliders, I've looked at 4 main things to get as close to a real simulation of the modern football game. Pace, Space (or lack of), Engagement & Transition.

PACE: The pace of the ball and movement of players has been closely monitored and compared to side by side in viewing many football matches on a screen next to FIFA 22 in order to get the balance right. I have slowed it down so that a game can go from a walking pace, but can accelerate at any given time into a frenzy....Change of pace is critical to emulate the modern game.

SPACE: In the modern game....there isn't much space at all. The space between the defensive back line to the forward line is very compact, and very rarely stretches more than 40m. Most teams play between a 30m-40m compactness between the back line - forward line. It makes teams hard to break down, and requires opposition that can transition quickly from defense to attack a chance to stretch a defense. All sliders I've used in the past and the vanilla version of FIFA are terrible at this crucial part of the game.

ENGAGEMENT: In the modern game, all players defend and all players attack. There are exceptions to the rule, however, most teams play total football. These sliders try to emulate this, so that all players are engaged in defense and attack

TRANSITION: In order to break down teams and stretch them...defending teams need to transition into attack quickly and hit on the counter to open up chances. Hold meaningless possession creates very little chances as a team will get behind the ball in defense and close up all the space so that there are very few chances.

All of these attributes was what I have been looking at in order to create sliders that represent the modern game. I have played at a semi professional level and coached at an amateur level...and am a keen student of the coaching game. I find that most community sliders don't look at critical aspects of the game in recreating what the modern game is all about. Please give them a try and let me know what you think.

set V 1.2 15/10/22

Some values have been changed courtesy of Spoony Pizzas youtube. Pace and accelaration and bpass speed.

Speed - slow
Level - LEGENDARY
Half Length - 15 minutes
Broadcast Camera
PS5

Sprint Speed: 37/37
Acceleration: 65/65
Shot Error: 60/60
Pass Error: 77/77
Shot Speed: 47/47
Pass Speed: 25/25
Injury Frequency: 70/70
Injury Severity: 20/20
Goalkeeper Ability: 68/68
Marking: 50/50
Run Frequency: 2/2
Line Height: 80/80
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 40/40
Fullback Positioning: 70/70
First Touch Control: 100/100

Last edited by jumbonote; 10-14-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Re: Real Simulation for Modern Compact Game Fifa 22

I’m gonna give these a go tonight before bed. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-04-2021, 04:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Let me know how you go and let me know if you suggest any changes to any of the values, I will give them a try....these are just a preliminary set. For Fifa 20, we had a great set that played very well and was a game changer according to many users. Hope to reach that eventually with these sliders.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:14 AM   #4
Just started!

im gonna test these sliders.
i just noticed some new setting in fifa 22.
player based difficulty.

could that be used to feel teams have more cap...
like barcelona - granada?

nevermind...
it seems that player based difficulty is made that every team has 2 players that make "difference".
even hacken from swedish league has it.
dont really understand that setting.

Last edited by kopo79; 10-04-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Made a mistake in the first set, Fullback Positioning was meant to be 10, not 70. Edited my first post to reflect this

Fullback Positionong 10/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

I really enjoyed your FIFA 20 sliders and will give your sliders a try. Are the sliders meant for Next Gen version of the game?
Old 10-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon222
I really enjoyed your FIFA 20 sliders and will give your sliders a try. Are the sliders meant for Next Gen version of the game?
Yes next gen sliders. Tested on ps5
Old 10-05-2021, 01:41 AM   #8
Rookie

I am really glad you came out with a set because I really enjoyed your fifa20 sliders, it was close as possible to a simulation . I like to play on full manual because it makes the game more fun, unpredictable and rewarding. Do you suggest to turn pass and shot error at 50 for the user? And do you have any other suggestions for the rest of the settings? I will give them a try and I hope I can come back with some feedback to help the set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »