Home

FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

Here we go again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #10
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Like someone asked on another thread, will there be separate sliders for next gen & current gen as it seems the games plays a lot different with hypermotion & other new stuff current gen doesn’t get?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah that was me, will be on PC for the long haul so will do my best to bring whatever info I can from the world of ‘last-gen’! My expectations are suitably low…
Old 09-22-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Downloading the trial as we speak on the PS5! Cant wait to see how it looks and plays. Thanks Matt10 for all of your hard work trying to make FIFA playable

Last edited by bigjdotcom01; 09-23-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 06:22 AM   #12
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

on default it was not playable for me. Too fast, shots from everywhere, goalkeepers played in god mode all the time.

I tried the community sliders from last year and played on slow. When attacking I like the sliders a lot. With low ranked teams like Freiburg or Cadiz I really had problems creating chances, had some shots from outside the box. In general a lot of action in the midfield, what was totally rar in last years fifa.
When playing with top tier teams such as Bayern I was dominating while creating some good chances. The other teams tactics was counter attack.

But here comes the biggest problem so far. No matter which teams I played against, they created almost no chances. Yes, there were crosses and shots, but they never ran towards my goal. They just stopped and passed the ball from the middle to the wing (even though they were running alone towards the goal). Pass speed was reduced (40), pass errors increased (54) and player speed reduced (37). Overall the game felt much better on slow, but we have to find ways to let the CPU create chances.

BTW on slow and with the community sliders there were several fouls in the game. CPU was aggressive, even got a red and some yellows. So @Matt slow game speed might be an option this year!
Old 09-23-2021, 08:19 AM   #13
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

So I managed a few games last night, and my overall impression is not as bad as it could be!

Setup: PC (last-gen); Default sliders; World Class; Slow; Mix of fully assisted and semi (was experimenting a bit)

Positives

- CM's looked more engaged on defense, and also seemed better positioned in the first place so the gap between them and the opposition attacking line wasn't so ridiculous. I'm not so sure how much they are actually tracking, but what I definitely didn't see was CMs standing around with their virtual arms folded watching a 6v4 situation unfold, and that is huge!

- Slow speed - is anything but slow, however the big positive here is that I didn't once see that bug from last year where a CPU controlled CB would just jog letting your CF stroll past them into the box. The actual speed would (I hope) be fixable with sliders

- Crosses - I didn't get a BETA code this year but from what I had read there were concerns again that the CPU would just not cross. Please to say so far I saw a lot of crosses, and although I think it depends on the opposition that is also the case irl.

Negatives

Hopefully would all be fixable with sliders, as it's the usual annual culprits:

- Pass speed (and driven pass) - comically fast, especially the driven pass. Obviously this can be lowered, but will need more testing to see if the CPU starts overusing the driven pass which looked more like a low shot

- GK - Strange animations where a save would be made but on replay there would be clear daylight between hand and ball, and very inconsistent. The usual marriage of shot speed/accuracy/GK ability will need work (but that's nothing new)

Obviously a very small sample, but will play a bit more tonight. I'm cautiously encouraged, the 'bones' of it seem to be much better than last year, we'll see.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
Rookie

The pace of the game is frantic, and I don't know if it happened to you, but on the AI-controlled team there are a couple of gray arrows pointing up, very annoying. In addition, the ball draws a white trail in some shots and rebounds ... Played from series X
Old 09-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

CM engagement is definitely improved though not perfect.

CPU attacking a little more varied, but they are still prone to dribbling around in the corner.

I hate the agile dribbling changes to the CPU since last year. On legendary their agility and explosiveness with the ball at their feet is comically overpowered, but combining that with their overdone physical immunity and tackling immunity in close, and it's not a very satisfying experience defending.

I wish we could do something to nerf the cpu agility to the point where they have to at least complete certain animations before branching into a pass or another dribble move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 11:53 AM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Figured I'd come here and post some things I've noticed through the two combined games I played. Hopefully some of it will help to also see if others are experiencing the same things and any adjustments can be done from that. Obviously two games isn't enough of a sample size. Anyway, I am on PS5 and while playing the beta I just thought to myself, this has to be last gen gameplay or at most the free upgrade gameplay. There was absolutely nothing different other than some tuning to GK's. I am so happy to say that my thinking was correct. This is a totally different AI in certain areas than the beta which I couldn't stand to play more than 30 minutes. I honestly went into this trial with 100% belief I wouldn't buy this game because it was the same crap AI we saw last year. Now my thinking is changed.

Positives:

- Midfielders are tracking back. If there's even just one improvement for this game to be playable, it was that. They can still be more aggressive but maybe this will happen with slider adjustments and/or some adjustments to tactics or midfielder tendencies. As it sits right now, I'm happy. I am just hoping like all hell this doesn't get changed.

- I have seen countless long range shots from outside the box and also just inside. It's honestly incredible. If the CPU gets any sort of space to shoot, they are blasting one. I gave up 2 or 3 of my 5 goals to West Ham off longer range shots. This is a complete breath of fresh air.

- The CPU does cross but I didn't see too much of it. However, in my games the CPU didn't play down the wing much. They were too busy playing down the middle and shooting when they had an opening. The crossing I'm not concerned about though. We found that workaround last year where if you change any wingers who have cut inside as a tendency, then it makes them cross. I think it was changing them to balanced. I'd assume that workaround would work this year as well.

- I feel like there's momentum for the human player. I played a Chelsea - Southampton game and I was down 0-2 after one half. I scored my first goal (really cool moment I'll share below) and then proceeded to score two more in a span of 10 or so minutes and won 3-2. It was pretty cool to see. Southampton had played really good and then that first goal just unraveled them. I don't know that I've actually felt something like that before in FIFA. It's always been the CPU who goes down and does their cheesy fast paced passes.

- Awesome moment. I got a free kick (only foul I saw in the time I've played) from just above the top of the box. Mount takes it and the shot gets blocked. The ball is up in the air and the GK McCarthy comes charging out about 3/4 of the way towards the top of the box to try and catch it. It's not a smart decision but it's cool to see that happen (as long as it doesn't happen too often of course) IMO because you see stupid GK decisions all the time. There's probably 3 or 4 players in that vicinity so he had no real chance of grabbing it. The ball gets headed by either Lukaku or someone on Southampton and goes outside the box to Jorginho and I volleyed it in. The volley was not clean hit at all so it slowly trickled into the left corner of the net. The best part was on the replay shown with a behind the net view, the ball wasn't even close to crossing the line yet but it was clear it was going in and you can see Lukaku start running towards Jorginho to celebrate. Jorginho had also begun the process of celebrating too. Just super cool to see that.

- Second awesome moment. Romelu Lukaku's chant is in the game. I've scored twice with him and you can hear the Chelsea fans chanting "Rome, Romelu, Rome, Romelu, Rome, Romelu, Romelu, Lukaku." That's the first time I've ever heard a player chant in FIFA so I've got to assume there's some other ones providing they are PG ha. I still wish we had the ability to import chants. It would be incredible.

A couple negative things where sliders may have to be tuned:

- Marking for the Human AI. I don't know if it was because I was using Legacy defending at first but damn, the space the CPU had to shoot was ridiculous. I was Newcastle playing West Ham. My CB's would do the thing where they'd stand a couple feet away from the Striker or anyone else in the box and it just led to easy shooting attempts. It was incredibly frustrating and that's a lot of the reason why I gave up 5 goals in only one half. I decided to quit out of that game and start up a test career with Chelsea to see if it was any better since they obviously have much better CB's. In the game against Southampton the first goal I gave up was the same issue as I had in the West Ham game. I decided to change to Tactical defending and that seemed to help. I know Legacy vs. Tactical defending has always been a topic with these sliders. I need to keep playing in order to really see if Tactical fully helps with what I explained above. Otherwise the marking slider may need some tweaking.

- I've already seen 3 goals go in on the short side of the keeper. Maybe it's coincidence but I don't believe it is. Not one short side shot has been saved. That leads me to thinking the GK slider may need some adjusting. At the same time I haven't seen any other issues with GK's yet so they could potentially get overpowered if you have to jack up the slider to prevent short side goals. This is probably something that just needs to be patched. I'd guess it will be once online players start getting cheesed.

- Fouls. Once again there is a lack of fouls. I've only seen one so far. I'd guess it will be the same as years past where sliders will be adjusted to hopefully create some more physicality that will lead to more fouls. I think lack of fouls will always be an issue until they give us a fouls slider or try to provide a couple different play styles for offline and online players.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »