Home

FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2023, 05:08 AM   #3105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyrobg1
if you guys are interested in a sim style game are tired of fifa 22 then all you guys should try fifa 14 ps4 with orions sliders which you can find on these forums.Now before you call me crazy for bringing up an eight year old game.this is the most sim game and balanced game of fifa i have played whereas fifa 22 plays like an arcade game.it would probaly cost you a fiver to buy now.Sorry if i derailed the thread but i taught people need to know about this great game
Yeah, I am a sim guy.

You dont want to know the TIME i have invested in trying to make Fifa 20 a simulation. The sliders tweaking. The players attributes editing. Hundreds of matches simulated all for nothing.

Why? Because, you see, newer Fifas (at least for F20 I am 99.99% sure) have inbuilt technology of adjusting the level of AI according to previous results.
The correlation is obvious. I have noted it many many times, when a TEAM A trashes TEAM B statistically (shots, possesion etc.), in the next match TEAM B gets a bonus and almost ALWAYS the stats look much more balanced, even beyond that.

Another thing - the game speed just randomizes up and down and you cant do anything about it. And it has IMMENSE impact on the simulation, especially in F20 which is so heavily dependant on speed and acceleration of players.

Even Fifa 18, which is probably the best comprehensive Fifa product since the Frostbite incorporation, has that problem. Random speed and slowing up of the gameplay destroying the quality balance between teams. Suddenly Japan starts to be very competitive against Argentina.

Fifa 22 just looks AWFUL in defense. I have never seen anything like that. Defenders drop back deep in their keeper's box and sit there passively. At the same time, midfielders step into the 16m box, but wont do anything against the opposing attacker receving the ball in the shooting area by himself, 2m away!!

Unbeliavable crap! And you cant override that bull**** by sliders.

I havent even tried to do any work with Fifa 23, I just didnt like the gameflow from the first second I saw that game. It just cannot be good for sim, as well.

So, you say Fifa 14 is great. I will try.

Some say F16 is good as well, I can aquire it, but not sure about f14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2023, 06:10 AM   #3106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye91803
I have no idea if field tilt/scripting/DDA is taboo to talk about in these forums or not, but it absolutely exists in one form or another. I’ve found when your AI defenders just stand around (or in fact run away sometimes) it also coincides with weird animations, the ball passing through player hitboxes, and just a general feeling of sluggishness.

It’s why sliders are so hard to get right, because it often seems like the CPU has their own set of sliders that they can adjust before and during games, to either give you or themselves an advantage.

Scripting is definitely a thing. I have seen enough to confidently say it.

When you simulate an AI vs AI match under the SAME conditions, between same teams, with same sliders and tactics, over and over again, and you clearly notice the stronger teams gets more and more handicapped match after match, depending on the previous outcomes...

And you notice that pattern for weeks and months of repeating...

Than you can confidently claim there is something else going on behind the scenes.

My preocupation is to make Fifa XX behave like a football simulation so I could watch AI/AI matches and simulate leagues. I am a weird guy, yes.

But, what really bothers me is - this hidden game mechanics is applied to all the rest of you! You are being tricked and hustled!

I have played the game myself up til a moment I gave up completely because I strongly felt some kind of handicapping system was applied.

Now, I am almost 100% sure that is the case, and that is just not right, its like cheating the players, deceiving them. No, actually its exactly that!
Old 04-14-2023, 06:56 AM   #3107
Rookie

But the biggest issue really is the variable/unstable gamespeed. The oscillations are really big. They disrupt all the sliders.

I suspect that problem is related to Frostbite engine, and I have learned Fifa has used FB since 2017 version.

I havent played the game before, so couldnt tell, but I am really willing to give it a shot with previous versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »