Home

FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #65
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Based on the streams I watched last week the tables have been fixed.
Yeah, I watched a ChesnoidGaming stream in which he reviewed all major leagues at the end of the season. They all seemed reasonable, aside from Watford and another demoted team demolishing the Championship. However, in that vid the player ratings were last season's ratings, meaning those were two EPL teams, even if they aren't the strongest. So in that sense, it's kind of encouraging that the ratings are reflected in simulation, right? Also the points totals for winners, 4th place trophy (Arsenal!), and 5/6th places were close to previous IRL season benchmarks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #66
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Welp. I'm seriously considering not buying FIFA for the first time in about 15 years. It's just not good enough and I'm finding no satisfaction whatsoever.

I like some of the improvements they've made, and the animations aren't bothering me (yet) like they usually do, but the AI, positioning, and transitional play are just too often piss poor. I'm playing on the highest difficulties and again having little issue scoring easy goals that shouldn't be happening at the highest level.

Out of a couple dozen scored so far, not a single one was quality. I've barely touched FIFA since last winter, and yet I can boot up a new version and dominate from the get go on the highest difficulty. This isn't how it should be. All because of **** AI and a lack of understanding by EA in how football is played at the highest levels.

Might pick this up for PS5, just out of curiosity, but I'm kinda feeling like all my hopes for a quality football game lie with what PES is doing for 2021. There's just too many great gaming alternatives these days to put up with this subpar and outdated game. Sigh. /smh
Old 10-03-2020, 12:04 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanksKop
Since I'm on a time limited trial, I'm only playing kick offs WC, 7 min halves and assisted/semi and manual headers, default sliders. When it comes to AI crossing, the better the team, the more they cross, or actually make good decisions on passing to CM/CAM who then either dribbles or passes to ST in the middle.
But I agree, there are few AI crossses, but I haven't experienced the endless
AI dribbling on the wing, which I saw on some of Matt10's streaming.
I've definitely experienced it as well. When I first started noticing it, I started intentionally giving CPU wingers space to cross and they just straight up refused. I know very little about game coding but I imagine this must be very simple to patch.

I'd hope and expect to see this addressed in one of the first updates.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #68
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

PSA: If you're playing on legendary or ultimate difficulty turn off competitor mode. It's on by default. Unless you like watching the CPU do skill moves for no reason then just leave it on.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 10/03/2020 | 10:45 AM CST --- Established a bit more look for a solid set the last couple days. Taking a lot of the FIFA 20, Version 3, set because a lot of similarities are present with FIFA 21.

The main focus here is to get more midfield again. I'm genuinely surprised with how different the game is from the beta - it's a bit disappointing. There were a number issues in the beta, but the way the CPU played was vastly different than how it is now. For example, the chipped balls to the midfield are quite route one - so that needed to be addressed.

Next, and probably the worst, is the fact the CPU will not cross the ball a lot of the time. I spent the better part of 2 days in trying to isolate the trigger point, but there is nothing in the sliders, controls, difficulty, settings or squad file that fixes this issue. I have fed it back to EA, among with the other big issue, which is something that was apparent in FIFA 20 as well due to 1v1 defending - and that is the midfielders do not track back. As a result, you never get the proper bank in front of the defense, so there's never a sense of building numbers defensively. As a result, no matter what, it's 6 v 4 situations (unless you have a back 5), and it just completely ruins the immersion when you see your two central midfielders and wingers not tracking back - just standing there. This is why some values chosen are significantly different than default - and quite high in respect to any intent of using default values.

In the end, it's FIFA. We signed up for this. You knew what you were getting yourself into, didn't you? I know I did. Hope you're ready for the wonderful ride. Here is the current streamed set from my twitch (listed below). If you ever want to see changes in realtime during the stream, jus type in !sliders in the chat.

Please provide feedback as detailed as possible. We need all hands on deck as always. Thank you!

Timestamp: 9/30/2020 | 3:44 PM CST --- Started FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders thread.

FIFA 21 Operation Sports Sliders |||Streamed Version Set||

Explanation of each value listed in Spoilers:

Streamed Version - Work in Progress Set
Spoiler
Old 10-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #70
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 10/03/2020 | 10:45 AM CST --- Established a bit more look for a solid set the last couple days. Taking a lot of the FIFA 20, Version 3, set because a lot of similarities are present with FIFA 21.

The main focus here is to get more midfield again. I'm genuinely surprised with how different the game is from the beta - it's a bit disappointing. There were a number issues in the beta, but the way the CPU played was vastly different than how it is now. For example, the chipped balls to the midfield are quite route one - so that needed to be addressed.

Next, and probably the worst, is the fact the CPU will not cross the ball a lot of the time. I spent the better part of 2 days in trying to isolate the trigger point, but there is nothing in the sliders, controls, difficulty, settings or squad file that fixes this issue. I have fed it back to EA, among with the other big issue, which is something that was apparent in FIFA 20 as well due to 1v1 defending - and that is the midfielders do not track back. As a result, you never get the proper bank in front of the defense, so there's never a sense of building numbers defensively. As a result, no matter what, it's 6 v 4 situations (unless you have a back 5), and it just completely ruins the immersion when you see your two central midfielders and wingers not tracking back - just standing there. This is why some values chosen are significantly different than default - and quite high in respect to any intent of using default values.

In the end, it's FIFA. We signed up for this. You knew what you were getting yourself into, didn't you? I know I did. Hope you're ready for the wonderful ride. Here is the current streamed set from my twitch (listed below). If you ever want to see changes in realtime during the stream, jus type in !sliders in the chat.

Please provide feedback as detailed as possible. We need all hands on deck as always. Thank you!

Timestamp: 9/30/2020 | 3:44 PM CST --- Started FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders thread.

FIFA 21 Operation Sports Sliders |||Streamed Version Set||

Explanation of each value listed in Spoilers:

Streamed Version - Work in Progress Set
Spoiler
I am not at Legend level...I play professional. Will these sliders work with lower levels?

Do you recommend different controller settings for lower level?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #71
Pro

FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Next, and probably the worst, is the fact the CPU will not cross the ball a lot of the time. I spent the better part of 2 days in trying to isolate the trigger point, but there is nothing in the sliders, controls, difficulty, settings or squad file that fixes this issue. I have fed it back to EA, among with the other big issue, which is something that was apparent in FIFA 20 as well due to 1v1 defending - and that is the midfielders do not track back. As a result, you never get the proper bank in front of the defense, so there's never a sense of building numbers defensively. As a result, no matter what, it's 6 v 4 situations (unless you have a back 5), and it just completely ruins the immersion when you see your two central midfielders and wingers not tracking back - just standing there.

I didn’t preorder this year as I wanted to wait and see what comments and observations were like. I’m afraid these two paragraphs here are unfortunately exactly what I expected. I wasn’t invited to try the beta this year and after seeing the positive comments from those who were, my reaction was, we’ll see when the full release comes out if it’s the same and Matt has said right here how different it is yet again. Also, I vented enough about this with 20, taking away teammate AI is simply ridiculous and it is purely for the online FUT crowd for human v human. For offline it is simply a game breaker for me. I know Matt and everyone tried so hard to get this sorted on 20 but you can’t get away from how bad this aspect was, and it’s looking like 21 will be exactly the same. This is the exact reason why EA need to have two different versions of the game, one for the kids online and a proper simulation for those of us who prefer CM and offline play. They earn enough so there should be no reason why they can’t implement this. Dumb teammate AI offline kills the game. Rant over and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Last edited by villabraves; 10-03-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #72
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
I am not at Legend level...I play professional. Will these sliders work with lower levels?

Do you recommend different controller settings for lower level?

Thanks.

Curious as well. This year I’m actually struggling on world class. Giving up about 5 goals per match.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »