Home

Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders

This is a discussion on Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #65
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Gave these a go last night and really enjoyed it.

I see you’re trying to create a sloppier game, and you’ve achieved it. My hesitation is perhaps it’s a BIT too much?

Was playing as Arsenal v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and I just thought that for the quality of players on the pitch, the passing, first touch, and shooting were a bit too sloppy.

Not sure if you share these concerns, but I definitely enjoyed seeing so many “errors”. It was definitely not the ‘cookie-cutter/vanilla’ usual match—so well done.
1. Did you play on 15-minute halves?
2. What controller settings?
3. What difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #66
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
3. What difficulty?

1. I played 15 minutes halves - I think the time is good. I don't seemed as rushed as a 10 minute game. I think 10 would be fine, but I believe the way to go is 15 minutes.
2. I played as my player for my Northhampton EFL League 2.
3. I jumped to the World Class settings as listed on the first page.

I played to 1-1 draw with Bury

As on professional I had triple the shots to the CPU. Stats were as follows:

Shots: NH 22 / B 7
On Tgt: NH 6 / B 3
Possession: NH 59% / B 41%
Tackles: NH 12 / B 11
Fouls: 1 each
Shot Acc: NH 27% / B 42%
Pass Acc: NH 83% / B 77%

Possession seems to be an issue in player only, I am not sure what you are getting when you control the entire team. I think part of it is the First Time Touch primarily for the CPU which seems to turn the ball over a lot. They appear sloppy for the most part. I still think my 22 shots is misleading because only 6 are on target and some the CPU players take are shots with little to no chance of success, I must admit I sometimes take bad shots with my player as well. But the CPU has few changes and is averaging around 6 shots per game where I am around 18-20.

I checked the EFL 2 stats and the home team averages around 11.34 and the away team averages around 9.4 shots per game. The League average is 20.84 shots per game total combined, so we call it 10 even. I am doubling that each game, so I will need to find a way to decrease that.

Possession has been like 60-40 for the past three games I need to get that to around 50%. The EFL 2 league average is 52% for home and 48% for way. I think if I can reel this in it will fix my shots as a result of lowering my possession, which I believe is a key factor, i.e. have the ball more = shoot more = more opportunities. Which will then increase possession for the CPU and give them more possession for more opportunities.

I did check the Premier League as well for stats and they are inline with EFL 2 as far as shots and possession. I have attached the link https://footystats.org/england/premier-league

Overall goal keeping looks good and I think World Class is playing well, I just need some feedback on ideas to tighten things up a little and less sloppy play and too many turn overs. I mentioned before, it could be the First Time Touch at 95. I think the speed of the game is great.

Thoughts?

CoachModer
Old 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #67
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

For my next game I bumped the First Time Touch down to 60 and Full backs up to 45 as OS. Still on WC 15 minutes. I beat Swindon Town 1-0 on an own goal by them. Crossed a ball from a corner and one of my players headed it and it went to a CPU player who accidently headed it into their own net.

One thing I noticed was that the CPU had the most shots in the past for games. We each had 14 shots. Possession was still 59% Northampton and 41% Swindown Town. Tackles were 11-10 Swindon and they led in corners as well 6-5. Each team had 2 fouls.

Pass Acc: 83% NH and 77% ST
Shot Acc: 21% NH and 28% ST
On TGT: 3 NH and 4 ST

Even though possession was still in favor of me the CPU looked a lot better with the FTT down, not sure of the impact of the FB yet. But it played well.

I will take 14 shots a piece. When I look at the quality of shots I must point out that the following:

Inside the box: NH 8 and ST 9
Outside the box: NH 6 and ST 5 both teams had 1 shot between midfield and the goal (too far away).

ST had more centered shots on goal, compared to my NH which had 8 of it 14 shots off center of the goal keeper lines. So it appears that the CPU had better quality of shots than my team.

Coach Moder
Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #68
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
3. What difficulty?
Yes 15 min
Default (?)
World Class

I enjoyed the experience--I just thought it was a bit too sloppy for the caliber of sides involved. Perhaps that is due to being used to everything being pinpoint and (almost) magnetized?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #69
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional & World Cup Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Yes 15 min

Default (?)

World Class

I enjoyed the experience--I just thought it was a bit too sloppy for the caliber of sides involved. Perhaps that is due to being used to everything being pinpoint and (almost) magnetized?

My thinking (as contrarian as it may sound) is that far too many players are desensitized to the way FIFA plays normally, which does not at all reflect the actual sport. Fast passes in FIFA are nearly impossible in real-life, and we also try and condense 90 minutes down to far, far less.

It’s always been odd to me how we tackle sliders in FIFA, as it seems different than other games. Elsewhere we try our best to create simulation, or as close to it as we can get.

With FIFA, there seems to be a thinking of improving, but still having it feel like FIFA. Quick passes, unrealistic shot totals, and unrealistic passing statistics.

Neither is right or wrong, I just can’t play FIFA on anything close to default. Out of the box, it doesn’t feel like football at all, it feels like FIFA.

To me, the World Class settings right now have a realistic pace, ebb and flow. If you’re comparing them to the community set, it’s going to feel like a different game (but that’s the point).

I personally think if more people tried the sloppier settings, the more people would like them. Especially as a crazy high FT error is something that gets used every single year.

Last point: these are not for everyone, but if you try them, try them for multiple matches. Then, go back to the community style speed and error settings. I bet you’ll feel like your game is broken, and that someone is fast-forwarding through highlights.

I think it’s all about reprogramming what we perceive to be normal or natural. It’s like cutting salt out of your diet. Once you slowly reintroduce it, you realize how far a little bit goes.

Last edited by Krebstar; 12-04-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #70
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
My thinking (as contrarian as it may sound) is that far too many players are desensitized to the way FIFA plays normally, which does not at all reflect the actual sport. Fast passes in FIFA are nearly impossible in real-life, and we also try and condense 90 minutes down to far, far less.

It’s always been odd to me how we tackle sliders in FIFA, as it seems different than other games. Elsewhere we try our best to create simulation, or as close to it as we can get.

With FIFA, there seems to be a thinking of improving, but still having it feel like FIFA. Quick passes, unrealistic shot totals, and unrealistic passing statistics.

Neither is right or wrong, I just can’t play FIFA on anything close to default. Out of the box, it doesn’t feel like football at all, it feels like FIFA.

To me, the World Class settings right now have a realistic pace, ebb and flow. If you’re comparing them to the community set, it’s going to feel like a different game (but that’s the point).

I personally think if more people tried the sloppier settings, the more people would like them. Especially as a crazy high FT error is something that gets used every single year.

Last point: these are not for everyone, but if you try them, try them for multiple matches. Then, go back to the community style speed and error settings. I bet you’ll feel like your game is broken, and that someone is fast-forwarding through highlights.

I think it’s all about reprogramming what we perceive to be normal or natural. It’s like cutting salt out of your diet. Once you slowly reintroduce it, you realize how far a little bit goes.
Can't like this post enough. Just watching the second half of Spurs/Arsenal this weekend you can see the sloppiness that every game has. Players missing wide open passes. Shots that scream 10 ft over the cross bar, awful first touches, and crosses that aren't even close.

The echo chambers and groupthink phenomenon of these forums can sometimes create an idea of the way things should be when in actuality it's not even close.

On to these sliders. I still play with the original setting, but I play 10 minute halves and assisted passing. I know there is this prevailing idea that with assisted passing the game over the top easy, but with these setting I can assure you that it isn't. If I played 15 minute halves I'd play with SEMI and MANUAL.

My results in Arsenal Career Mode

Arsenal 1 Man City 2
One of the best games I've ever played in the series. Physical, balanced possession, and both teams had opportunities, but DeBruyne scores from the top of the 18yd box in the 72nd to win it.

Chelsea-0 Arsenal-1
Aubemeyang heads home the winner in the 36th from an Arsenal corner. Chelsea was not good. Didn't have many chances and Arsenal controlled the run of play.

West Ham 0 Arsenal 0
Tough to take the draw here as the Gunners controlled the match from start to finish, but no class in the final third to finish.

Arsenal 0 Cardiff 0
Even more frustrating than the West Ham match. Cardiff formation showed that they would sit back and absorb pressure all game. Cardiff also had a player sent off at '33, but 26 shots and I still couldn't get a goal. I took way too many shots outside the box to inflate the total. Most games my shot totals are in the 10-15 range. As far as accuracy I've been anywhere from 22% to 50%.

Arsenal 1 New Castle 0
Finally get the win against a physical New Castle side at St. James Park. New Castle threatened with a good run of play throughout the first half, but faded in the second.

Arsenal 1 Cracovia 1 (Europa League)
Took a 1-0 lead early and they drew level on a Ramsey own goal. They were surprisingly aggressive, but lack of quality in the final third showed.

Arsenal 4 Watford 0
Too much class here. Lacazzette with the hat trick and Watford had no chance.

Arsenal 1 Everton 0
Big win for Arsenal as Everton was ahead of them by 1 in the table at the time

Arsenal 1 Sporting Lisbon 1 (Europa)
I took the lead against the run of play early with a goal, but I felt lucky to get the draw here. They out possessed and outshot Arsenal for the game. Didn't have a lot of chances.

Arsenal 2 Fulham 1
A late goal by Fulham at Craven Cottage made the game look a lot closer than it actually was.

Arsenal 1 Leicester City 1
Another game where I was fortunate to get a draw. They controlled the game and had the majority of chances.

Arsenal 3 LASK Linz 0 (Europa League)
All Gunners here and it was important because LASK was on top of the table in the Group. Dominaed start to finish, but I did come out in Attack tactics.

Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2
Liverpool took a 2-0 lead at the Emirates with goals from Firmino and Sane, but Lacazzette banged in 2 ('63 and '68) in 5 minutes to level the game. The first was a short volley off of a cross and the second was a put back after rebound. Possession and shots favored Liverpool.

Arsenal 0 Crystal Palace 0
Brutal draw at Selhurst Park. I had to rest many of the regular first 11 because of fatigue and a Europa League match 2 days later. I thought I could get it done, but it just didn't happen

Everton 28
City 26
Spurs 24
Liverpool 24
Arsenal 20

Lots of games left to play. I also an AS Roma CM going, but I've only played one game with these settings and beat Milan 4-3.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #71
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Krebs you are spot on. I agree the sloppier play is an offest and does make the game play better and allows for back and forth play, it is not always pretty in real life and many times does look the way the game plays. I was concerned about the time of possession of 60-40 and was trying to get that closer to 52-48 50-50 etc. +/- 5 on either side of 50. Any ideas on that would be great.

I also agree with the slower passing etc and I think makes the game better as well. Everything should not be pinpoint. because feet are not magnets.

Now granted I am playing by controlling my player only and that makes things different as well. These have been the best sliders that model a pace that of real life and condensed into 30 minutes and not 90. I will continue to shoot you feedback on this version of play based on your set. I have to remember as well that I am in EFL 2 and the quality of players is not that of the premier league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #72
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Can't like this post enough. Just watching the second half of Spurs/Arsenal this weekend you can see the sloppiness that every game has. Players missing wide open passes. Shots that scream 10 ft over the cross bar, awful first touches, and crosses that aren't even close.

The echo chambers and groupthink phenomenon of these forums can sometimes create an idea of the way things should be when in actuality it's not even close.

On to these sliders. I still play with the original setting, but I play 10 minute halves and assisted passing. I know there is this prevailing idea that with assisted passing the game over the top easy, but with these setting I can assure you that it isn't. If I played 15 minute halves I'd play with SEMI and MANUAL.

My results in Arsenal Career Mode

Arsenal 1 Man City 2
One of the best games I've ever played in the series. Physical, balanced possession, and both teams had opportunities, but DeBruyne scores from the top of the 18yd box in the 72nd to win it.

Chelsea-0 Arsenal-1
Aubemeyang heads home the winner in the 36th from an Arsenal corner. Chelsea was not good. Didn't have many chances and Arsenal controlled the run of play.

West Ham 0 Arsenal 0
Tough to take the draw here as the Gunners controlled the match from start to finish, but no class in the final third to finish.

Arsenal 0 Cardiff 0
Even more frustrating than the West Ham match. Cardiff formation showed that they would sit back and absorb pressure all game. Cardiff also had a player sent off at '33, but 26 shots and I still couldn't get a goal. I took way too many shots outside the box to inflate the total. Most games my shot totals are in the 10-15 range. As far as accuracy I've been anywhere from 22% to 50%.

Arsenal 1 New Castle 0
Finally get the win against a physical New Castle side at St. James Park. New Castle threatened with a good run of play throughout the first half, but faded in the second.

Arsenal 1 Cracovia 1 (Europa League)
Took a 1-0 lead early and they drew level on a Ramsey own goal. They were surprisingly aggressive, but lack of quality in the final third showed.

Arsenal 4 Watford 0
Too much class here. Lacazzette with the hat trick and Watford had no chance.

Arsenal 1 Everton 0
Big win for Arsenal as Everton was ahead of them by 1 in the table at the time

Arsenal 1 Sporting Lisbon 1 (Europa)
I took the lead against the run of play early with a goal, but I felt lucky to get the draw here. They out possessed and outshot Arsenal for the game. Didn't have a lot of chances.

Arsenal 2 Fulham 1
A late goal by Fulham at Craven Cottage made the game look a lot closer than it actually was.

Arsenal 1 Leicester City 1
Another game where I was fortunate to get a draw. They controlled the game and had the majority of chances.

Arsenal 3 LASK Linz 0 (Europa League)
All Gunners here and it was important because LASK was on top of the table in the Group. Dominaed start to finish, but I did come out in Attack tactics.

Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2
Liverpool took a 2-0 lead at the Emirates with goals from Firmino and Sane, but Lacazzette banged in 2 ('63 and '68) in 5 minutes to level the game. The first was a short volley off of a cross and the second was a put back after rebound. Possession and shots favored Liverpool.

Arsenal 0 Crystal Palace 0
Brutal draw at Selhurst Park. I had to rest many of the regular first 11 because of fatigue and a Europa League match 2 days later. I thought I could get it done, but it just didn't happen

Everton 28
City 26
Spurs 24
Liverpool 24
Arsenal 20

Lots of games left to play. I also an AS Roma CM going, but I've only played one game with these settings and beat Milan 4-3.
What time of possession and number of shots are you seeing per game? Also how has your passing % and shooting accuracy % been. I am just trying to compare that to mine where I only control the player and am on 15 minute halves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »