Home

New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc.

This is a discussion on New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2024, 09:18 AM   #25
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

EA should add online recruiting rankings within users Dynasty from offline/online
For bragging rights anybody can look your recruiting rankings ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Talk smack to each other I'm a better recruiter than you ect .🔥🔥🔥
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2024, 09:45 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

The roster situation is the main reason why I think they are going to hold off on PC.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:23 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Motivation system from Madden would be the most logical system I think. Some example motivations could be:

Team Success
Playing Time
Financials
Development
Coach Reputation
Team has a Star QB
Scheme Fit

Team Success can lead to a player transferring out if a team has a bad year or two and he wants a chance winning bigger somewhere else.

Playing time is self-explanatory. A 5-star QB has that as their top motivation as a recruit. You land them then don't play them much. They hit the portal as a RS Fr.

Financials could lead to them hitting the portal purely for NIL reasons at any time.

Development could mean they stay loyal to a coach on staff if they have good development traits in their skill tree. That coach leaves for another school or is fired, that player maybe enters the portal.

Coach reputation is similar. They commit because the HC has a good rep. That coach stays, the player stays, they move on to a new job, retire, or get fired, the player is more likely to portal.

Star QB could be a WR who breaks out at a small school now wants to go play somewhere with a good QB to raise his draft stock.

Scheme fit could come into play during a coaching change. New staff runs a new scheme, player doesn't fit said scheme, they enter portal.

These are just simple examples that could be driving forces behind where players not only commit out of HS to, but also when they enter the portal and who they look to go to. I am really hoping EA aims to have a realistic number of players enter the portal, find or not find homes, and also leaves it as a customizable setting to where you can have no portal, an even crazier portal, or a portal with limited movement and anything in between.
Yeah, that's the most logical way to do it. I think that should be something that should be attached to recruits and stay assigned to them in college.

I would add in:

Facilities/Stadium
Supporting Cast
Draft History

The whole system would need to be dynamic and adjust based on what is going on. There needs to be some type of feedback to determine where you stand with players. For something like Facilities/Stadium to really work like intended, there needs to be a way for us to upgrade the facilities. It feels like a lot of people like the idea of starting at a lower level school and building them up. But, it would be nice if there was a way to improve the facilities/Stadium with sustained Success, that way we're not stuck with C- Facilities for the duration of the time at that school. I can understand if there could be an issue with improving stadiums for real teams. They would need to have some elaborate stadium builder and I could see them trying presentation into how the current stadiums look. So, I would be okay with it just being facilities.

It would be nice if they could find a way to attach certain recruits to coaches. I guess that could be coach reputation, but a lot of recruits commit to a coach not a school. That way, if a coach leaves, it automatically makes an athlete go into the Transfer Portal
Old 02-24-2024, 11:46 AM   #28
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
That's not going to be really possible. Save files are account bound now. Have been since the beginning of the PS4 days. There won't be roster sharing like that. Honestly, I don't think there will be roster sharing at all.

I think offline, we will be able to edit certain things for NIL opt in or out players. Likely, there tech to block the names will probably be built into the game itself as opposed to online. Just me guessing on this. I have no proof.
Yeah, this is pretty fascinating to me. Everything that we have known about editing players has changed. Things like names, height/weight and even class will all be locked I am sure. I am hoping they will at least let us edit their equipment.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:12 PM   #29
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Yeah, this is pretty fascinating to me. Everything that we have known about editing players has changed. Things like names, height/weight and even class will all be locked I am sure. I am hoping they will at least let us edit their equipment.
For me, as long as I can edit everything on the game generated prospects I am recruiting I am good with that. Wish we could edit everything on everyone but I feel they are going to be extra cautious on this first release. Which I don't fully blame them for.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-24-2024, 01:53 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

"Individual players will not have face scans for at least the first year."

Of course they don't.

EA is already not capable to scanning more than 75 pro NFL players by year, including several Pro-Bowler or All-Pro players...
Old 02-24-2024, 02:27 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I am thinking that we won’t be able to edit vital player info on the default rosters. So like if Travis Hunter opts out, number 12 on Colorado could be named Cameron Smith and be a 300 pound white dude playing guard. I doubt we would even be able to create a player named Travis Hunter and put him on Colorado. We could probably create a Travis Hunter and put him on Georgia. It’s gonna be interesting to see the lengths EA goes to to not infringe on anyone’s likeness rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I was running EA I simply would not allow editing names, size, weight or face. That should avoid any lawsuits and there will be lawyers waiting to pounce. Another big lawsuit and the series is finished.

They only thing I ever edited was number. I'd hate to see another slip and fall lawyer end this game. It's been 10 years.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:47 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
For me, as long as I can edit everything on the game generated prospects I am recruiting I am good with that. Wish we could edit everything on everyone but I feel they are going to be extra cautious on this first release. Which I don't fully blame them for.
I was hoping they'd let us edit the players like in madden if the players opted IN.

**** even if it's just name and ratings only I'll take that option.

If there is no edit capability at all that would be a huge disappointment because I know create a player feature will probably CAP out at like 200 slots or something.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »