Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 08:24 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs
Heres an update that Matt Brown posted about an hour ago:

There are multiple cover athletes, since EA is releasing multiple versions of the video game.

Each cover athlete is a current college football player who plays in a different power conference. There was plenty of internet speculation that the cover athlete could potentially be a coach (Nick Saban?), or any number of athletes that played during the years the game was not released (previous Heisman winners?) or even fans/mascots (the Oregon Duck?!?). Those were reasonable guesses, but I’ve been told that the athletes will be current athletes…people you will see play actual college football this season.

The athletes all play different positions. That means there’s only one quarterback, one running back, etc.

We have speculated that they would release multiple versions of the game, and it looks like this is the case. That most likely means EA is doing a Digital Deluxe Edition of the game where you can play 3-4 days early.

The full reveal cant get here soon enough, lets go!!
I really like the idea of using current players. I think it really helps heighten the excitement of the upcoming College Football season. Would Caleb Williams be a good cover athlete? Yes, but it's a different experience having an outgoing player than a current active player. With an active player, it'll make people tune in to that player's team during the season. Let's say it's someone like Cam Ward for Miami, I'm going to keep track of how Miami is during the real football season. I rather keep it current players and save outgoing player covers for the guys who solidified themselves as a CFB legend. I thought it would be certain that Nick Saban would be on cover. But, I like it being multiple cover athletes and them all being current players. I hope they stick with that format.

I like that it will be from each P4 conference. I originally thought that regional covers would be an option. And definitely like that will be different positions. I feel it was last year, it would all be QBs. I would think it will be QB, RB, WR, and DEF.

I will try to guess: the only thing that makes it hard to guess is do they want to try to focus on best position player of each P4 conference.

SEC- I would think it's between QB Carson Beck, QB Quinn Ewers, or WR Luther Burden. I think Beck might be the leading SEC candidate, especially if they will do one QB. Only thing is if they will do a WR cover, I feel that cover athlete would have to be Cover athlete would have to be Burden

Big 10-RB Donovan Edwards, WR McMillan, RB Henderson, CB Will Johnson. If there would be only one cover with a RB, I would think it would be Ollie Gordon, but I think Edwards is a good option since he is known around the country and Michigan winning a chip

Big 12- RB Ollie Gordon, WR/CB Travis Hunter, QB Shedeur Sanders. I feel like Gordon is the best option for a RB cover, but I feel like they almost have to take advantage of the Colorado buzz. I think Hunter is the better cover candidate since he is a Two-Way player. But, Sanders is one of the players who hasn't made any commitment or rejection into the game and has made it known he wants to be on cover.

ACC-QB Cam Ward, RB Hampton. Honestly ACC is hard to guess for lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they just choose the top ranked player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2024, 08:28 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

So, apparently he knows. So I would imagine when they do full reveal Cover athletes will be released.

I would imagine that if you wanted a specific cover, you're best bet would be pre-order online or hopefully if you buy digitally they give you the option to choose which cover you want as the Game Icon and Menu screen. If you're going to a Gamestop, I would think you'll be at the mercy of whatever copy they have.

It makes it easier to guess that it won't be each conference having a cover athlete

Last edited by illwill10; 04-29-2024 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:54 AM   #107
Rookie

MemTigerfan6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
So, apparently he knows. So I would imagine when they do full reveal Cover athletes will be released.

I would imagine that if you wanted a specific cover, you're best bet would be pre-order online or hopefully if you buy digitally they give you the option to choose which cover you want as the Game Icon and Menu screen. If you're going to a Gamestop, I would think you'll be at the mercy of whatever copy they have.

It makes it easier to guess that it won't be each conference having a cover athlete
No g5 representation i wasn't expecting it but it would be nice to pick your most famous current player as a option from your team but I get why not it's a hassle.

Maybe its because I haven't had my coffee this morning but I'm not grasping this at all lol.

So there's going to be multiple versions of the game (standard, digital, deluxe, Heisman i presume)

Each cover will feature one athlete from a power conference but not all power conferences will be represented so no PAC obviously but does that mean no ACC as well?

Do we know how many positions will be featured aside from QB, RB and WR?

So let's say one is the Texas QB Ewers does that mean he's the only QB across all QB cover athletes or just the sec QB cover athlete?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:16 AM   #108
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemTigerfan6
No g5 representation i wasn't expecting it but it would be nice to pick your most famous current player as a option from your team but I get why not it's a hassle.

Maybe its because I haven't had my coffee this morning but I'm not grasping this at all lol.

So there's going to be multiple versions of the game (standard, digital, deluxe, Heisman i presume)

Each cover will feature one athlete from a power conference but not all power conferences will be represented so no PAC obviously but does that mean no ACC as well?

Do we know how many positions will be featured aside from QB, RB and WR?

So let's say one is the Texas QB Ewers does that mean he's the only QB across all QB cover athletes or just the sec QB cover athlete?
It will be like Madden where there is the base version of the game, another version that's like $10 more expensive that gives some ultimate team bonuses, potentially another version slightly more expensive with more bonuses, and then the most expensive version with more bonuses along with early access to the game.

Each of the 3-4 versions will have a different cover athlete. There will be 3 or 4 different cover athletes with none of them playing the same position, all being from a P4 team.

― Plato
Old 04-29-2024, 10:18 AM   #109
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

The wording of it was a bit confusing

* Each version of the game will have a different cover athlete. I'm assuming 3 versions of the game standard, digital and deluxe with the deluxe having perks.

* All of the cover athletes will be from different power conferences, but not every power conference has a cover athlete

* No repeat positions so pretty straight forward except for if Travis Hunter would knock out any other WR.

* All of the cover athletes are current players with one of them being a surprise name
Old 04-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #110
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

Interesting. I have been wondering why the NCAA hasn’t even attempted to put some sort of guardrails on College Football. It makes more sense to me now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2024, 01:16 PM   #111
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

May is here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://twitter.com/IsItOutEA/status...Yqc0fntLQ&s=19

Fowler's final update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »