Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-19-2024, 02:06 PM   #81
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

hopefully this is not a madden clone. I want a different football game but i doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #82
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
hopefully this is not a madden clone. I want a different football game but i doubt it.
I am starting to pick Madden up to practice RPO plays in the event that the college game is similar in gameplay. I do hope the college game brings it's own flavor though.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:31 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I am starting to pick Madden up to practice RPO plays in the event that the college game is similar in gameplay. I do hope the college game brings it's own flavor though.
I might be a little optimistic, but I think it will have its own flavor because it has too. Some of the college concepts in Madden doesn't work well and it needs to for CFB to have any success. Things like Read Options, RPOs, etc don't work well/or OP in Madden and it can't be like on CFB.

It's on the Madden engine, so no one should expect a completely different game. I just hope that with 3+ years of development that the CFB doesn't feel like Madden with college playbooks. It's not going work well like that. They have to make sure these college concepts are ran efficiently and that there are defensive counters. The No Huddle/Tempo Spread offenses can't just feel like you're running no huddle in Madden. A lot of those offenses they calling multiple plays at once and the QB audibles based on defensive look. The option heavy offenses can't just feel like your running plays off of a Ravens or Bears offense. Just like with defense. They have to ensure that the college tendencies and philosophies are being followed.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:35 PM   #84
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Do we think the old school triple option type offenses and formations will be in this game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I might be a little optimistic, but I think it will have its own flavor because it has too. Some of the college concepts in Madden doesn't work well and it needs to for CFB to have any success. Things like Read Options, RPOs, etc don't work well/or OP in Madden and it can't be like on CFB.

d.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:49 PM   #85
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

It's on the Madden engine, so no one should expect a completely different game. I just hope that with 3+ years of development that the CFB doesn't feel like Madden with college playbooks. It's not going work well like that. They have to make sure these college concepts are ran efficiently and that there are defensive counters. The No Huddle/Tempo Spread offenses can't just feel like you're running no huddle in Madden. A lot of those offenses they calling multiple plays at once and the QB audibles based on defensive look. The option heavy offenses can't just feel like your running plays off of a Ravens or Bears offense. Just like with defense. They have to ensure that the college tendencies and philosophies are being followed.

One of those defensive counters need to be the ability to fake an injury to stop the clock lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2024, 03:00 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Do we think the old school triple option type offenses and formations will be in this game ?
I would imagine we might have a few old playbooks to be able to use.

How many teams, outside of the service academies, run triple option. Didn't Georgia Tech go away from the Triple Option?
I wouldn't mind putting some Triple option plays in a custom playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
One of those defensive counters need to be the ability to fake an injury to stop the clock lol.
Seriously speaking, I wouldn't mind seeing more minor injuries in game.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:20 PM   #87
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
This article from Heartland College Sports yesterday has some info. No idea how much of it is accurate, as it lists the game coming out on PC, and that hasn't been stated by EA.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...e-know-so-far/

Hopefully their info is good. I’m a PC guy so I really have my hopes up for a PC release.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2024, 10:29 PM   #88
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I dont think it will be actually, pretty sure both EA and Matt Brown have said it wont be other than its being built on the Frostbite engine. Thats the only similarity between the two that I know of right now, but we will find out more in May if not sooner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »