Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2024, 10:56 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yep. It took a few games but I realized that the reason Madden wasn't as fun to me was because it had nothing to really hook me. I like the NFL, but I love my Georgia Bulldogs and college football.

One of the reasons I never beat up or denigrate Madden is because its me. Madden is fine. Hell, on the field it is the best it has ever been. The NFL just doesn't move me like that. Not having a college football game to create players and stories I actually care about just puts a cap on how far I can get into franchise.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I always skipped Madden really. I preferred the PS2 versions, I felt that with the 360 version and on it set the franchise back. But, I could get more into College Football because of the passion, tradition, and pageantry. I only really played Madden when I imported a roster or RTG over.

But, I agree as quick as I am to say I can't get into Madden, I'm never the type to bash Madden. Because if you're the one who doesn't like Madden at its core, you're not going to like EA CFB. I could play Madden and "have a good time", but I just don't like the direction it went and it's harder to keep me interested. I remember renting Madden 16 and 17 later in the season and thinking that the gameplay was solid, the game just needing a little more. Then I remembered feeling like I was certain I was going to buy Madden 18, until they came out in EA Play to say that they didn't really touch Franchise and focused on Frostbite and Longshot. Since then, I fell away from Madden. For me, Madden is best suited for Online or H2H and I'm a offline solo player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2024, 10:58 AM   #66
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Looking at those high res pictures, I wonder if this will be the game where we all say "this is what current Gen games are supposed to look like" ?
Old 02-16-2024, 11:10 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Looking at those high res pictures, I wonder if this will be the game where we all say "this is what current Gen games are supposed to look like" ?
If it is truly current gen only, I think there's a chance. But, I think it'll be more of "this is what current gen sports games are supposed to look like". There's been a number of current gen games that are at that level. My most recent one is Alan Wake 2, excellent visuals.

Outside of MLB the Show, I do think this is the year we see sports games make that transition to current gen only. They would have had 3+ years of development on the next gen consoles and using Madden's engine, they could focus heavily on the finer details and intricacies. If they could match the visuals, audio, and atmosphere, we have a game here.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:20 AM   #68
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I really hope we get the unique gameplay of NCAA back
Old 02-16-2024, 12:03 PM   #69
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

This article from Heartland College Sports yesterday has some info. No idea how much of it is accurate, as it lists the game coming out on PC, and that hasn't been stated by EA.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...e-know-so-far/
Old 02-16-2024, 12:27 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Are we going to put on our tinfoil hats and assume the 24.18.5 on the clapperboard might be a hint as to the day of full reveal?

― Plato
Old 02-16-2024, 12:32 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May with Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I'm in the minority it seems, but I enjoyed Madden's gameplay so if it's just copy and paste with small tweaks I'm good with that.

I just want to know the dynasty mode is deep and how recruiting is handled because that will get the all-time hype cemented for me.
I wouldn't necessarily say you're in the minority. It could be that there is a smaller vocal minority that STILL doesn't like Madden. At this point, I'm not sure if they actually want to like the game lol. Anyway, I have the same sentiments as you, Madden is a VERY solid football game from graphics to gameplay. As long as CFB doesn't regress I'd be perfectly content with Madden as the foundation (which we know it's going to be). Oh, and they absolutely HAVE to bring back the draft class graduation into Madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2024, 01:28 PM   #72
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea I got into Madden the most this year in maybe ever getting into year 4 or so. Then it hit me now that my roster is fixed and the best in the league. If this was NCAA it would still feel free because the new players coming in. This time around it should be even better if the transfer portal is implanted right. Because even if a guy starts as a true freshman if they make it like real life he could leave you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yep. It took a few games but I realized that the reason Madden wasn't as fun to me was because it had nothing to really hook me. I like the NFL, but I love my Georgia Bulldogs and college football.

One of the reasons I never beat up or denigrate Madden is because its me. Madden is fine. Hell, on the field it is the best it has ever been. The NFL just doesn't move me like that. Not having a college football game to create players and stories I actually care about just puts a cap on how far I can get into franchise.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »