Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 09:31 AM   #129
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

Just go ahead and release the cover athletes next week because those are already known. Nobody is going to be talking about them or care once the big info comes in 2 weeks. That would give them a hole week for the spotlight from the media covering the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs
EA could potentially announce something either this weekend or next week, maybe they are waiting until Washington finishes their spring game tomorrow? May 16th is 14 days away so I would think they will announce something shortly.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:55 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

I guess my next question is.. David Pollack, Desmond Howard and Jesse Palmer?

Are we getting some kind of College Gameday pre-game show? I know Jesse does play by play. David isnt with ESPN.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:59 AM   #131
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive_junkie
I guess my next question is.. David Pollack, Desmond Howard and Jesse Palmer?

Are we getting some kind of College Gameday pre-game show? I know Jesse does play by play. David isnt with ESPN.
Yea the speculation is it will be some kind of college gameday weekly type show. The halftime stuff has already been confirmed and I haven't seen that it be with any of the names you mentioned. When they signed this deal and did the recording and stuff for it Pollack was still with ESPN as a studio and gameday guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 12:55 PM   #132
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

So curious...

How many of you don't care and just want a game? Keeping in mind this is EA, what if it's a huge step-back to what we used to have in the mid/late 2000s? Will there be an uproar or a "something is better than nothing"?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:56 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's an unpopular opinion, but I believe NCAA 14 is a very overrated game and is more than dated, even when playing with mods. So, for me, I if it is a step-back, I will be very disappointed since I can't really go back and enjoy NCAA 14.

I like the way Madden plays these days, so I think I will like the new CFB, so I am less worried about the gameplay mechanics themselves. My biggest worries lie within the quality of things like CPU play calling, bugs, working features, etc. Basically things that plagued Madden this year and kept it from being what I would have called the best Madden ever.

Hopefully EA having so many years to dedicate to this game has allowed them to really polish the game in a way we haven't seen from one of their sports games in years. And, hopefully all this time also benefits Madden as well. It's been the perfect opportunity for EA to invest in cleaning up the game and overhaul different areas of the game so that both the CFB and Madden are better setup moving forward.

― Plato
Old 05-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #134
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
So curious...

How many of you don't care and just want a game? Keeping in mind this is EA, what if it's a huge step-back to what we used to have in the mid/late 2000s? Will there be an uproar or a "something is better than nothing"?
I'm with Canes on NCAA 14 being overrated present day and I have a different prospective on that game in 2024. I recently dusted it off after spending about 200 hours playing this years Madden and no comparison Madden 24 is much better then NCAA 14.

The graphics will be 100 times better so that alone would be enough to celebrate. The progression system was incredible flawed, and everyone jumped 3 to 5 points. You could take a crap school and sign a 65 overall guy and by year 4 he would be rated in the 80's and you have at least a solid starter. It was hard to even start players the first 2 years on campus bc of how the progression system worked.

I do have my expectations in check and I'm not expecting it to be this super sim niche title for the 40 year old + crowd with zero flaws. People are going to complain because the expectations are out of control for a lot of people. I am expecting to see more of a dynasty mode focus then what you see Madden, but I'm not expecting NBA 2K level of depth.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:17 PM   #135
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea the speculation is it will be some kind of college gameday weekly type show. The halftime stuff has already been confirmed and I haven't seen that it be with any of the names you mentioned. When they signed this deal and did the recording and stuff for it Pollack was still with ESPN as a studio and gameday guy.
Palmer is more of a Color commentator. I would assume Palmer would be apart of Team B and Herbstreit and Fowler is Team A. Out of the names, I would guess Rece Davis because he has a history of Play by Play.

I would expect a general College Gameday show. I would even expect every week. I think it could be each exhibition game. But as far as Dynasty, I would expect a few weeks a season for your team
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's an unpopular opinion, but I believe NCAA 14 is a very overrated game and is more than dated, even when playing with mods. So, for me, I if it is a step-back, I will be very disappointed since I can't really go back and enjoy NCAA 14.

I like the way Madden plays these days, so I think I will like the new CFB, so I am less worried about the gameplay mechanics themselves. My biggest worries lie within the quality of things like CPU play calling, bugs, working features, etc. Basically things that plagued Madden this year and kept it from being what I would have called the best Madden ever.

Hopefully EA having so many years to dedicate to this game has allowed them to really polish the game in a way we haven't seen from one of their sports games in years. And, hopefully all this time also benefits Madden as well. It's been the perfect opportunity for EA to invest in cleaning up the game and overhaul different areas of the game so that both the CFB and Madden are better setup moving forward.
I fully agree. I didn't realize when I bought NCAA 14 a few years ago that I didn't play it at launch. So I was expecting what I thought was NCAA 13. I really didn't like how much they streamlined everything and scaled back the game. I always regretted not selling that game back when people wee selling it for $100

I agree even though I can't get into Madden, I don't have any major issues with gameplay. It just needs more of a wide open college feel. If Madden can put the type of effort towards atmosphere and off the field details as EA CFB seems to be, then I would get both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 03:17 PM   #136
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I just wish that this game had come out a couple of years ago so there was a Pac 12 and Texas and Oaklahoma were west of the Mississippi River.

In one sense the evolution of college football is forcing EA to make this game too much like Madden as some people feared: Two conferences and a 14 team playoff. Sound familiar?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »